PDA

View Full Version : Escapee shot and killed while trying to flee Havasu residence

H20Advantage
06-12-2007, 06:39 PM
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 6:07 PM MST
STAFF REPORTS
One of two Mohave County jail escapees was shot and killed by a Mohave County sheriff's deputy while attempting to flee on foot from a Lake Havasu City residence Tuesday afternoon, according to authorities.
The escapee fired at a deputy, who then returned fire, killing him, according to Lake Havasu City Police.
Authorities were unsure whether the second man fled the house. In addition to authorities surrounding the house, located near Huntington Drive, police officers, sheriff's deputies, members of the Lake Havasu City Swat team and a ranger helicopter from the Arizona Department of Public Safety launched a manhunt in the surrounding area.
The two men, Steven Joseph Wusstig and Raymond Joseph Coleman, escaped from the jail in Kingman Saturday. Law enforcement officials did not identify the escapee who was shot.
Coleman is described as having light brown hair, and hazel eyes; heÂ’s about 5-feet 8-inches tall and weighs 175 pounds. Wusstig is described as having brown hair or a shaved head and brown eyes. He is has a small Van Dyke beard below his lower lip. He is 5-feet 10-inches tall and weighs 175 pounds.
The Lake Havasu City Police is in charge of the manhunt.

Not So Fast
06-12-2007, 07:10 PM
WOW, whats happening to this little city:( :( :( NSF

Havasu Carrera
06-12-2007, 07:22 PM
Sounds like Law Enforcement is taking it back!!! Way to go guys!!!:)

nodigg
06-12-2007, 07:35 PM
I was walking out of the DBU model home on North Palo Verde this evening and a cop came flying by lights and sirens at about 60-70....now I know why!
Hey, that's Cheetah Bob's street!

ratso
06-12-2007, 07:37 PM
Shoot To Kill... I like that concept...:D

DILLIGAF
06-12-2007, 07:38 PM
I was walking out of the DBU model home on North Palo Verde this evening and a cop came flying by lights and sirens at about 60-70....now I know why!
Hey, that's Cheetah Bob's street!
Maybe the guy was just trying to get a good deal on a Cheetah :)