PDA

View Full Version : I would like to find out specs on my boat...anyone know some info?

dmontzsta
06-02-2003, 10:52 PM
1964 Lavey Craft 17.5' the registration says Larvey Craft, but I think it is a typo. Anyone know how much power this hull can handle? I am getting ramped up to make it my project, since I am done with my automobile project. Anyone know the weight? All info is very much appreciated. I live in Moreno Valley and mostly go to Perris or Elsinore for quick tune runs. Hope to see you all soon.
I am growing more and more fond of this site :)

06-02-2003, 11:26 PM
Didn't you post asking questions about the Lavey in another thread?...ok, here goes again. The Lavey is a good strong hull done up in a 1 piece design, they are laid up in a clamshell mold so there is no cap seam, in other words the deck cap isn't glued on after the hull is popped from its mold. As far as I know the only other mfg that does their hulls that way is Mandella, although I could be wrong. Hull weight is prob. in the 650lbs range.

dmontzsta
06-03-2003, 06:25 AM
I actually asked about changing the engine. Sorry for asking too many questions, I am new to this board and never knew too much about my boat, and I think it is great soo many people here know stuff about them.
So do you think it could handle triple digits?

Stab-n-Steer
06-03-2003, 06:37 AM
dmontzsta,
Ask away, that's what this forum is all about. It's amazing how much I've learned and the help I have received not to mention the friends I've made. Don't mind 058, he gets a little grumpy sometimes wink But what do you expect from a guy who loves Fords? :confused:
S&S

GofastRacer
06-03-2003, 07:17 AM
demontzsta, don't worry about asking questions, everyone here has asked the same thing at one time or another!..058, well he's just a Ford lovin trucker, no further explanation needed!. :D :D
Laveys are well capable of triple ditgits, in fact the record in Pro Comp was set by a Lavey. I ran one in the late 70's to the mid 80's. :)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/121985-med.jpg
[ June 03, 2003, 08:18 AM: Message edited by: GofastRacer ]

06-03-2003, 07:29 AM
Geeeshh....I didn't mean it guys. Have a rough nite and everyone jumps in my shit. eek! I'll try to behave myself :D :D My apologys to you, domtzsta

GofastRacer
06-03-2003, 07:35 AM
058:
"I'll try to behave myself" :D :D :D :D

Stab-n-Steer
06-03-2003, 08:04 AM
058:
Geeeshh....I didn't mean it guys. Have a rough nite and everyone jumps in my shit. eek! I'll try to behave myself :D :D My apologys to you, domtzsta Yeah, well just for that you're buying the first round at Tower Park! :D
S&S

06-03-2003, 08:15 AM
Oh..no...If its anything like last year I'll make my reservations now for the Betty Ford Clinic so I won't have to wait. Didn't the bar close after we left? I know they didn't have any inventory :D

dmontzsta
06-03-2003, 10:04 AM
058:
Geeeshh....I didn't mean it guys. Have a rough nite and everyone jumps in my shit. eek! I'll try to behave myself :D :D My apologys to you, domtzsta no worries bro. I am on lots of forums and you guys seem VERY nice compared to some, I know I am a long time member on maxima.org :) and I treat newbies like shit. wink

dmontzsta
06-04-2003, 07:01 AM
One last dumb question... so in the future a 600+hp BBC should be no problem? burningm

GofastRacer
06-04-2003, 07:15 AM
As long as you got good hardware and a "WHIRLAWAY", no problem!.. :cool:

dmontzsta
06-04-2003, 09:22 AM
GofastRacer:
As long as you got good hardware and a "WHIRLAWAY", no problem!.. :cool: whirlaway? :confused:

beaverfab
06-04-2003, 09:48 AM
"Whirlaway" is the name casale uses for a prop shaft release to let your prop spin should you lose your engine. The boat will slow down slower not sending you over the deck. smile_sp

dmontzsta
06-04-2003, 12:24 PM
beaverfab:
"Whirlaway" is the name casale uses for a prop shaft release to let your prop spin should you lose your engine. The boat will slow down slower not sending you over the deck. smile_sp Thanks for the info...I have learned alot.