PDA

View Full Version : Truck rental??

Deano
06-13-2007, 08:01 AM
Does anyone know of a place that rents 3/4 ton crew cab trucks? My truck was knocked out of commision in Havasu last weekend by a teenage girl..(hit and run)
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k15/valen26/DSC01362.jpg

Jordy
06-13-2007, 08:05 AM
Ouch!!! At that point in time I'd just put in it 4WD and go the rest of the way over it... :D :D :D

RitcheyRch
06-13-2007, 08:07 AM
GM truck 1
Honda/Acura 0

LAFD
06-13-2007, 08:08 AM
that had to hurt.:mad:

wsuwrhr
06-13-2007, 08:09 AM
Hit and run?
I guess that means literally...on foot.
She sure as shit didn't drive off.
"If you can't stop, smile as you go under"
Brian

JB in so cal
06-13-2007, 08:09 AM
3/4 ton will be hard to find, but most of the rental companies have 1/2 ton crews in their fleets. Best bet is to grab a yellow pages and speak directly with the local agency(ies) and find out EXACTLY what they have available as opposed to using a booking engine/web site.
BTW, I'm sure you know you're entitled to drive a similar vehicle to the one taken out in the accident and the "at fault" driver's insurance will pay.

Deano
06-13-2007, 08:13 AM
I woke up at 5am to this car under my truck. I ran over and no one was in the car. An hour later the car was reported stolen:rolleyes: ... She changed her mind around 9am and actually came over to apologize.

LBZROCKS
06-13-2007, 08:19 AM
I woke up at 5am to this car under my truck. I ran over and no one was in the car. An hour later the car was reported stolen:rolleyes: ... She changed her mind around 9am and actually came over to apologize.
wow dude...i'd be pissed! check with 702 car rentals in vegas.. they may be able to help you.. or outlaw motorsports in Henderson.

Jordy
06-13-2007, 08:19 AM
I think the important question here is, is she hot??? :D :D :D

Deano
06-13-2007, 08:59 AM
I think the important question here is, is she hot??? :D :D :D
cute for sure...little young though (19). My gf liked her:D
I need to haul my boat home on Monday and have a few people going with me. I don't think the 1/2 ton will do the job.

Ryphraph
06-13-2007, 09:03 AM
Try Budget truck rental.
Ryph

Cole Sanger
06-13-2007, 09:24 AM
She probably had to sleep it off a little before talking to anyone. She is lucky she didn't kill someone. That looks like she was going a whole lot more than 25 in a residential neighborhood.

Baja Big Dog
06-13-2007, 09:27 AM
cute for sure...little young though (19). My gf liked her:D I need to haul my boat home on Monday and have a few people going with me. I don't think the 1/2 ton will do the job.
That could be a whole new thread!!!:D

YeLLowBoaT
06-13-2007, 09:28 AM
another prob is if you find a 3/4 ton, will it have a hitch and will they let you tow with it. Most place will not let you tow with thier trucks.

Deano
06-13-2007, 09:34 AM
That could be a whole new thread!!!:D
haha, Does the 5th hold any water on ***boat.:D

pixilatedpussy
06-13-2007, 09:49 AM
Does anyone know of a place that rents 3/4 ton crew cab trucks? My truck was knocked out of commision in Havasu last weekend by a teenage girl..(hit and run)
Ouch! That sux! I know a good body shop!;)

Rackman
06-13-2007, 09:56 AM
Ouch!!! Try Hertz Equipment Rental... We rented an F350 with hitch and brake controller when one of our fleet was down.

Jordy
06-13-2007, 09:57 AM
I know a good body shop!;)
Look at Pixi and the spam action!!! Love it!!! :D :D :D

Spotondl
06-13-2007, 10:03 AM
Damn dude, shoulda stayed in Chula...

BajaMike
06-13-2007, 10:09 AM
another prob is if you find a 3/4 ton, will it have a hitch and will they let you tow with it. Most place will not let you tow with thier trucks.
Yea, most places will not let you tow with a rental truck......:idea:

Deano
06-13-2007, 10:15 AM
Ouch! That sux! I know a good body shop!;)
I was thinking about it, but just left it in Havi and jumped into my brothers truck. It's been one hell of a last couple weeks for me...
A week before that picture was taken, I was checking out my gf's rack while backing up and ran into the door on her car, lol. Her car is getting a couple new doors and now this shiat. It gets even better....After my truck was towed away, my brother in law let me borrow an old truck at his pad to get me in the water on Sunday. I was ready to leave and the truck was towed from Winsor due to expired plates... The Ranger felt so bad that he gave me a ride up to the tow yard. I didn't get home til about 2am on Monday. Now I have to deal with his truck. Impound, tickets, blah, blah, blah... I'll be on the water this weekend though:)

PHOTOGLOU
06-13-2007, 10:18 AM
Deano,
When are you leaving and when are you getting back.... Might be able to loan you my truck if you have an extra vehicle for me to drive....

Deano
06-13-2007, 10:22 AM
Deano,
When are you leaving and when are you getting back.... Might be able to loan you my truck if you have an extra vehicle for me to drive....
Thanks for the offer. I think I'm going to just leave the boat there another week and not worry about it...I wish they would total that rig out for me though:D 07 here I come!

Deano
06-13-2007, 10:23 AM
double...

Music to my Ears
06-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Damn Deano, I was going to pm you and find out how things were going. So sorry to hear that it's still a mess. I'll be on the water Friday and Saturday, so swing by for a beer if you see me and let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

AZJD
06-13-2007, 12:52 PM
Dammit! Carmenita Ford off the 5 is where we used to rent our at years ago.

Deano
06-13-2007, 12:58 PM
Damn Deano, I was going to pm you and find out how things were going. So sorry to hear that it's still a mess. I'll be on the water Friday and Saturday, so swing by for a beer if you see me and let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
We'll for sure have that beer this weekend.. I'll be at the Ultra regatta and all over the place in my brothers 27 shadow. Probably put my boat in the water on Monday. I'll see ya out there.

455Rocket
06-13-2007, 01:16 PM
This is true... found out when a tranny went out on the 40...
We got a U-Haul for the rest of the trip.
If you rent any of the upper model SUV's, like the Navigator, the come standard with a tow hitch: just keep it on the down-low :)

Old school Ultra
06-13-2007, 05:17 PM
Try Galpin studio rentals or any studio rental place

BoatPI
06-13-2007, 06:47 PM
Enterprise rents crew cab 3/4 ton and sometimes 1 ton trucks. And they will rent by the month too. They rent from special locations under truck rentals.

pixilatedpussy
06-14-2007, 09:25 AM
Look at Pixi and the spam action!!! Love it!!! :D :D :D
:D :D :D

pixilatedpussy
06-14-2007, 09:26 AM
I was thinking about it, but just left it in Havi and jumped into my brothers truck. It's been one hell of a last couple weeks for me...
A week before that picture was taken, I was checking out my gf's rack while backing up and ran into the door on her car, lol. Her car is getting a couple new doors and now this shiat. It gets even better....After my truck was towed away, my brother in law let me borrow an old truck at his pad to get me in the water on Sunday. I was ready to leave and the truck was towed from Winsor due to expired plates... The Ranger felt so bad that he gave me a ride up to the tow yard. I didn't get home til about 2am on Monday. Now I have to deal with his truck. Impound, tickets, blah, blah, blah... I'll be on the water this weekend though:)
Yikes! Hope things turn around for you. We have hookups at Hertz for Yukons..but that is it. Most companies do not rent big trucks. If you have any questions regarding the repairs or you want G to take a look at the estimate for piece of mind, let me know hun! Best of luck to you.;) Oh...& quit staring at tits & driving!:devil: :)