PDA

View Full Version : Lake Berryessa

desertbird
06-13-2007, 08:18 AM
Heading up there from SoCal on numerous recommendations from other boaters. Even boaters we met at Don Pedro say Berryessa is not to be missed, so we're going for it, 4 days over the upcoming holiday week.
So, what's the best way to it from SoCal?
99 to Sacto and hang a left?
5 thru S.F. and straight up?
Secret route not found on Google?
It's going to be a 6-7 hour drive no matter how I cut it, E4L if you're out there, I know you know how to get there.
We're staying at Steele Park.
Thanks

707dog
06-13-2007, 08:44 AM
what are your dates ?? not sure what part of socal your coming out of but i would think that 5 to 580 to 680 to 80E take suisun valley rd exit go over the over pass and keep going straight till you come to a stop sign hang a right(monticello rd) drive for a few miles youll see a road comming in from the left its called capell valley road take that left make the imidiate right(there is a small store on the corner) on steel canyon rd and its a few miles down on your left cant miss the big sign....
IF IV MISSED ANYTHING IM SURE SOMEONE WILL BE SURE TO LET YOU KNOW!!

06-13-2007, 02:54 PM
what are your dates ?? not sure what part of socal your coming out of but i would think that 5 to 580 to 680 to 80E take suisun valley rd exit go over the over pass and keep going straight till you come to a stop sign hang a left(monticello rd) drive for a few miles youll see a road comming in from the left its called capell valley road take that left make the imidiate right(there is a small store on the corner) on steel canyon rd and its a few miles down on your left cant miss the big sign....
IF IV MISSED ANYTHING IM SURE SOMEONE WILL BE SURE TO LET YOU KNOW!!
If you are talking about the stop sign where Wooden Valley Rd ends @ Monticello rd. he needs to turn right. If he goes left he will be in Napa.

707dog
06-13-2007, 03:50 PM
If you are talking about the stop sign where Wooden Valley Rd ends @ Monticello rd. he needs to turn right. If he goes left he will be in Napa.
yep!! correction made thanks for catching that:D

TahitiVC
06-13-2007, 04:47 PM
I agree with the 5 to 580 route. If you go north toward Sacto you have to come across highway 12 and it is blood alley about a fatal wreck a month.

suckin&pumpin
06-13-2007, 05:36 PM
I tow on 12 all the time, just be cool, fastest way from so cal is 5-12-113-80-505-winters main street exitleft

buzzaro
06-13-2007, 07:56 PM
I tow on 12 all the time, just be cool, fastest way from so cal is 5-12-113-80-505-winters main street exitleft
Thats what I would do right there, cept maybe do peabody road past the AFB instead of 113.

desertbird
06-14-2007, 08:26 AM
LOL....reminds me of a commercial a while back with the old timers arguing about directions.
Head down the road, left at the light pole, right at the bush...
The 12 looks like a direct route, and doesn't appear all too treachorous on the map. What's up with the "Blood Alley" reference? :jawdrop: That won't be any way to start a vacation!!!

buzzaro
06-14-2007, 02:56 PM
The 12 looks like a direct route, and doesn't appear all too treachorous on the map. What's up with the "Blood Alley" reference? :jawdrop: That won't be any way to start a vacation!!!
Its a narrow two lane highway through the delta and impatient people try to pass when they shouldnt. So other than that its the best way to avoid the major city traffic of Sac or the Bay.

suckin&pumpin
06-14-2007, 09:42 PM
12 is not that dangerous, it has been addressed, the issue is its a 2 lane road and idiots like to pass at stupid times, but there are now cones in the middle, so no worries, its really a nice drive thru the delta with 3 cool drawbridges. I'm in L.A. all the time and theres really no faster way, Berryessa is awesome and steele park is a great place tostay, let us know when your comin, be good to meet ya

desertbird
06-15-2007, 01:10 PM
The wife and I are coming up on Saturday or Sunday (jun 30-Jul 1) and booked site #3 at Steel Park through Thursday.
Never been there, but I hear it's nice. Google Earth helped me to pick the spot, sine it looks like we're camping right on the water.
Love to meet new folks, stop by for a cold one. My boat is in the sig line, and it'll be parked right in front of us. :D
Last year we met a few from the boards on Don Pedro. Every year we try to get to a new lake. We love Havi, but that's just not a vacation on a holiday weekend.

suckin&pumpin
06-15-2007, 08:56 PM
guarantee, I'll be out that weekend(my b day) I'll be sure to stop by and say hi

acatitude
06-17-2007, 07:46 PM
well the best way is just take 5 to 80 west towards san francisco. take 113 north just past Davis. get off at russell, turn left and stay on russell all the way it turns into 128 and at the store you turn right. coming thru vacaville is worse then going 80. to many turns and very windy, even tho 128 is also but not as bad. look up steele park online and just follow the from sac directions. good luck have fun

abraman1326
06-18-2007, 08:46 PM
I'd take 5-12-113. Once you are on 113, you'll go through 2 15 mile/ hr turns. about 5 miles up from the 2nd one, turn left onto fry rd. follow that about 8 miles till you get the the light at Leisure Town rd, turn right. Stay on Leisure Town through Vacaville till you hit 505 north. (You'll pass over I80 1st.) About 10 miles north on 505 you'll see the sign for berryessa, get off the Winters/128 exit and head west, left. Follow that all the way up. You'll pass the dam and the lake, then when you get to the 121/128 junction turn right, then another immediate right. onto the rd Steel Park is on. I think it's called Steele Canyon. If you need any assistance getting around out here, you can call me, I'll pm you my #. I live in Vacaville, so I'm giving you some back Roads. I'll be at NASCAR all weekend, otherwise I'd come up and say hi. Have a great time at Berryessa. You owe it to yourself to check out The Bridge 1 afternoon. I haven't been to Havasu, but I'd imagine it's pretty close to the party, except we don't have anywhere near the nice sleds y'all have down there. Good Luck!!!
BRA

Cas
06-19-2007, 07:27 AM
hire a helicopter at Travis AFB to carry the boat to the lake, all the roads into Berryessa suck :D

desertbird
06-20-2007, 09:51 AM
hire a helicopter at Travis AFB to carry the boat to the lake, all the roads into Berryessa suck :D
Ok, trip's cancelled.....I can't afford a copter! :)

707dog
06-25-2007, 05:55 PM
Hey Desertbird What Site # Are You So I Can Cruise By Ill Be On The Water By 9-10 Saturday

desertbird
06-26-2007, 06:47 AM
We're at site #3 (which is s'posed to be right on the water, except for your other message that scared me:eek: )
We won't be there until late Saturday. Leaving from SoCal early Saturday am, and it's going to be a 6 hr drive at least.

707dog
06-26-2007, 07:02 AM
We're at site #3 (which is s'posed to be right on the water, except for your other message that scared me:eek: )
We won't be there until late Saturday. Leaving from SoCal early Saturday am, and it's going to be a 6 hr drive at least.
DRIVE SAFE !! WE MIGHT STAY LATE I GOT SOME BUDDYS THAT ARE STAYING ALONG THE WATER ALSO 3 RV'S AND A POP-UP, WILD BUNCH!! 2ROCK/RAP BANDS AND ANOTHER GROUP BUT REALLY REALLY COOL AZZ PEEPS:D DEPENDING ON HOW THE DAY GOES MIGHT JUST STAY THE NIGHT. NOT SURE WHAT KINDA PARTING YOU LIKE TO DO BUT THE BOTTLES FLOW HEAVY ROUND THOSE PARTS:D

SANGER-RICH
06-26-2007, 06:40 PM
DRIVE SAFE !! WE MIGHT STAY LATE I GOT SOME BUDDYS THAT ARE STAYING ALONG THE WATER ALSO 3 RV'S AND A POP-UP, WILD BUNCH!! 2ROCK/RAP BANDS AND ANOTHER GROUP BUT REALLY REALLY COOL AZZ PEEPS:D DEPENDING ON HOW THE DAY GOES MIGHT JUST STAY THE NIGHT. NOT SURE WHAT KINDA PARTING YOU LIKE TO DO BUT THE BOTTLES FLOW HEAVY ROUND THOSE PARTS:D
hey 707dog we will be at Putah creek fron the 4th to the 8th in L18 to the left of the launch ramp stop by for a brew bro, I have a friend of mine staying at steel park this weekend and from the 4th to the 8th in a class c rockwood motorhome with a Larson openbow with tower speakers , it is white with burgandy stripes on it, stop by and tell him hi for me. His name is Hameed and make him feel welcome. Also tell him I have a gallon of gas for him if he can make it to Putah creek to say hi.:)

serviiice
06-26-2007, 09:16 PM
I'm going to be at the lake and staying in different resorts the whole time. I'll look for you guys under the bridge unless you see me first.

707dog
06-27-2007, 05:04 AM
I'm going to be at the lake and staying in different resorts the whole time. I'll look for you guys under the bridge unless you see me first.
i sure will shit atleast fly the bird at me when ya see me:D

707dog
06-27-2007, 05:07 AM
hey 707dog we will be at Putah creek fron the 4th to the 8th in L18 to the left of the launch ramp stop by for a brew bro, I have a friend of mine staying at steel park this weekend and from the 4th to the 8th in a class c rockwood motorhome with a Larson openbow with tower speakers , it is white with burgandy stripes on it, stop by and tell him hi for me. His name is Hameed and make him feel welcome. Also tell him I have a gallon of gas for him if he can make it to Putah creek to say hi.:)
i sure will i got to make a run over to my bro's trailer there by the launch ramp anyways.... and ill stop by and bug hameed also:D steel park sounds like its going to be interesting my peeps are such a blast to party with...comedy central all night!!

deltarat
06-27-2007, 05:12 AM
Thanks for the invite Antone:D

Eliminator 4 Life
06-27-2007, 06:29 AM
Heading up there from SoCal on numerous recommendations from other boaters. Even boaters we met at Don Pedro say Berryessa is not to be missed, so we're going for it, 4 days over the upcoming holiday week.
So, what's the best way to it from SoCal?
99 to Sacto and hang a left?
5 thru S.F. and straight up?
Secret route not found on Google?
It's going to be a 6-7 hour drive no matter how I cut it, E4L if you're out there, I know you know how to get there.
We're staying at Steele Park.
Thanks
Hey Bro hows it going. Honestly I havent been here since I was like 6 years old haha. But I would definatley take the 5 route. Heres an Idea for you if you wanna see some kick ass fireworks stop by DP on July 3rd and hang out definatley a great show.

707dog
06-27-2007, 07:37 AM
Thanks for the invite Antone:D
WELL WELL GLAD YOU COULD JOIN US FOKER :D WHERE THE HELL YA BEEN? MIA N-SHIT...ARE YOU HEADED UP??

Dave C
06-27-2007, 07:46 AM
We will be there with the mini Elim Regatta again. Sat & Sun. I don't know what time hot lap hour is set for, probably after the float at the bridge.

deltarat
06-27-2007, 08:11 AM
WELL WELL GLAD YOU COULD JOIN US FOKER :D WHERE THE HELL YA BEEN? MIA N-SHIT...ARE YOU HEADED UP??
Dude I have been so busy at work it is ridiculous, I have spent more time in San Diego than at my house the last 4 months. Hell I went home the other day and my own dog barked at me. If I can get to the lake this weekend I will be thumbing it, I haven’t had time to repair a part I broke 2 months ago yet.

707dog
06-27-2007, 10:03 AM
Dude I have been so busy at work it is ridiculous, I have spent more time in San Diego than at my house the last 4 months. Hell I went home the other day and my own dog barked at me. If I can get to the lake this weekend I will be thumbing it, I haven’t had time to repair a part I broke 2 months ago yet.
if you can make it up bro got a seat for ya if ya dont mind hanging with us young fok's:D:D

justfloatn
06-28-2007, 03:24 PM
I think I've got the wife on board for a day trip Sat, 95% locked in. It will be our first trip there. Probably just find the bridge and hang out there. Hope to meet a couple of you:D

justfloatn
06-28-2007, 03:30 PM
No way, pack friday night, hit the road at 5:00am and be on the water by noon!!:idea:
You'll get ther just about the time everyone wakes up from their hangover:D

SANGER-RICH
06-28-2007, 05:10 PM
L18 used to be our favorite spot for many years, until I got hammered- had two boats with us for 2 weeks. Got drunk, tried pulling the bigger boat out of the water late at night, jumped the log makin the turn at L18. I hit my drag boat, F'ed up both boats then scraped my truck from one end to other on the built in BBQ!!! It was a great but costly trip:eek: I now reserve L20:D
Stop by and say hi and have a brew:D

707dog
06-28-2007, 08:19 PM
I think I've got the wife on board for a day trip Sat, 95% locked in. It will be our first trip there. Probably just find the bridge and hang out there. Hope to meet a couple of you:D
the name is anthony feel free to come and hang or throw a wave when you see us!! where you going to launch from??

justfloatn
06-29-2007, 05:52 AM
the name is anthony feel free to come and hang or throw a wave when you see us!! where you going to launch from??
Good question, whats the best place to launch from? Looks like most places are on Knoxville Rd. I'll be comming from Davis on HWY 128:confused:

desertbird
06-29-2007, 07:45 AM
No way, pack friday night, hit the road at 5:00am and be on the water by noon!!:idea:
You'll get ther just about the time everyone wakes up from their hangover:D
We hope to hit the road before daylight......we should be there after lunch. :D

justfloatn
06-29-2007, 11:25 AM
We hope to hit the road before daylight......we should be there after lunch. :D
PERFECT See ya out there:D

Napanutt
06-29-2007, 11:53 AM
Good question, whats the best place to launch from? Looks like most places are on Knoxville Rd. I'll be comming from Davis on HWY 128:confused:
Markley cove is the closest,but get there early,parking lot fills up! We'll be there for the day Saturday,look for our Cheeteh!

justfloatn
06-29-2007, 01:44 PM
Markley cove is the closest,but get there early,parking lot fills up! We'll be there for the day Saturday,look for our Cheeteh!
Is 11:30am too late?

707dog
06-29-2007, 03:32 PM
Is 11:30am too late?
i havnt launch from markley in a few years but if its like it used to be that might be pushing it!! NAPANUT will probably know a lil more..

suckin&pumpin
06-29-2007, 05:37 PM
11:30 is pushin your luck for markeley cove but pleasure cove is usually good about 5 miles further, but much better parking, and a shorter no wake zone, we should be runnin around from steele park to markley Sunday if there aren't too many idiots, if you see me stop by for a beer!

Napanutt
06-29-2007, 08:01 PM
pleasure cove is usually good about 5 miles further, but much better parking, and a shorter no wake zone,
Never launched from PC,been there like once by boat,no wake seemed long(don't they all)...might have to try it,Markeley can be a cluster fuuuk in the afternoon retreiving...

suckin&pumpin
06-30-2007, 11:17 PM
i flip the bird to markeley every time, by the time you launch and head out on the water I am set up and makin a speed run, the 5 mile drive is 15 more minutes on the water, at least for me, Markley gets ridiculous on weekends, dont get me wrong PC gets busy too but nothin like markley

707dog
07-02-2007, 05:42 AM
Hope Everybody Had A Good Weekend I Know We Did!! Nice To Met Ya Serviice(chris) You And That Elem Was Putting A Spanking On That Mid-day Chop Looked And Sounded Good!!
Dave-c.....i Beleive You Were Right In Front Of Me At The Bridge Did You Have On A Blue Hat???

justfloatn
07-02-2007, 07:20 AM
Spotted you guys out there and tried to wave ya down. But you made a B-line for the Little Party Houseboat:D Don't blame you. I would have come over, but the music was a little too loud to bring a 3 month old over.
Maby next time.:D
Berryessa is a nice big lake. Going to have to make it out there more. Only took 1hr from my court to Markley.. The lauch ramp sucks. Big line to launch. Some second time out guy in front of me took five trys to get down the ramp. Another lady ran into the dock..HARD with her boat. Slippery as could be pulling out, I thought I was going to have to put her in 4X4. Total ZOO! How's the ramp at the next closest launch.

Napanutt
07-02-2007, 08:00 AM
Spotted you guys out there and tried to wave ya down. But you made a B-line for the Little Party Houseboat:D Don't blame you. I would have come over, but the music was a little too loud to bring a 3 month old over.
Maby next time.:D
That's too bad,will have to catch ya next time! Yea,the music can get kind of loud at times but an entertaining crowd none-the-less!
The lauch ramp sucks. Big line to launch. Slippery as could be pulling out, I thought I was going to have to put her in 4X4.
I know what you mean,I don't have 4x4,smoke the tires occassionally myself (Markley is the only place I've really had that problem)!

Napanutt
07-02-2007, 08:04 AM
Hope Everybody Had A Good Weekend I Know We Did!! Nice To Met Ya Serviice(chris) You And That Elem Was Putting A Spanking On That Mid-day Chop Looked And Sounded Good!!
You should have pulled up when we saw you,we had a nice float going on,stayed there till 5 or 5:30,always a good time.:D

707dog
07-02-2007, 08:09 AM
You should have pulled up when we saw you,we had a nice float going on,stayed there till 5 or 5:30,always a good time.:D
next time for sure!! DID SOMEONE SAY THIS WEEKEND:D

SANGER-RICH
07-02-2007, 07:04 PM
next time for sure!! DID SOMEONE SAY THIS WEEKEND:D
My bro said he did not see you, he will be there through next sunday as I will be going up on the 4 th till the 8th a PCR
here is my bros shit, stop by and say hi he is expecting you, and so am I:)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/P1010344.JPG

707dog
07-02-2007, 08:04 PM
My bro said he did not see you, he will be there through next sunday as I will be going up on the 4 th till the 8th a PCR
here is my bros shit, stop by and say hi he is expecting you, and so am I:)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/P1010344.JPG
thats what ill do rich!! whats ya bro's name?? hey whats breakfast saturday..lmao jokin

SANGER-RICH
07-03-2007, 05:22 PM
thats what ill do rich!! whats ya bro's name?? hey whats breakfast saturday..lmao jokin
Hameed

Dave C
07-06-2007, 02:12 PM
We pulled in late. I saw a big group of people but I could not tell what the hell was going on.:) too many boats.
We will have to talk at the next event so I can spot you in the crowd next time.
Dave-c.....i Beleive You Were Right In Front Of Me At The Bridge Did You Have On A Blue Hat???

707dog
07-09-2007, 08:39 AM
SANGER-RICH damn bro i did some searching saturday morning when i went over to putah creek for ice...every body had covers on there boats so not sure who was who...and the same for that evening...kept a eye out for hameed nada even followed a boat like his but it had tinted windows....wiiiiif for this weekend on meeting peeps!!!:(

suckin&pumpin
07-09-2007, 06:01 PM
SANGER-RICH damn bro i did some searching saturday morning when i went over to putah creek for ice...every body had covers on there boats so not sure who was who...and the same for that evening...kept a eye out for hameed nada even followed a boat like his but it had tinted windows....wiiiiif for this weekend on meeting peeps!!!:(
hey 707 and whoever else,
I kick in a little cove on the east side of the plesure cove finger about 500 ards out from the bouy line big enuff for 2 boats Im the one with kids diving off the deck all day, stop by anytime, the entrance is only about 30' wide tho so dont blink or you will miss mehttp://www.msnusers.com/martinoboat/boat.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=5

707dog
07-09-2007, 07:42 PM
hey 707 and whoever else,
I kick in a little cove on the east side of the plesure cove finger about 500 ards out from the bouy line big enuff for 2 boats Im the one with kids diving off the deck all day, stop by anytime, the entrance is only about 30' wide tho so dont blink or you will miss mehttp://www.msnusers.com/martinoboat/boat.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=5
i always make a dam run when im up ill keep a eye peeled...they keep letting water out there wont be a finger to hang out in:mad: