PDA

View Full Version : ATT: REXONE

WILDERTHANU54
10-21-2002, 12:38 PM
MIKE....... I HAVE YOUR MACHINED ALUMINUM CLEARANCE LIGHT BEZELS FOR MY TRAILER. THE SNAP-IN LIGHTS YOU GUYS GAVE ME DONT FIT. NOW MY PLAN IS TO CUT OFF THE SNAP-IN TABS AND SILCONE THE SUCKERS IN THERE. WHAT IS YOUR WAY OF TAKING CARE OF THIS LITTLE PROBLEM ???? I CAN ALSO MILL 'EM OUT BUT I DON'T WANT TO IF I DON'T HAVE TO. I KNOW YOUR BUSY BUT WHEN YOU HAVE A SECOND I WOULD APPRECIATE IT THANX.
GEOFF KREUTZER
[ October 21, 2002, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: WILDERTHANU54 ]

Rexone
10-21-2002, 01:38 PM
Hi Geoff,
I normally just sand the little tabs off with a belt sander flush with the plastic. They normally will fit snug enough that silicone isn't necessary. also the ground contact should fit snugly in the hole in the back of the bezel and there should be no anodize on the inside of that hole which would insulate the current. Let me know if you have more questions, happy to help.

WILDERTHANU54
10-21-2002, 02:05 PM
COOL, THANK YOU FOR THE HELP! I'M ON IT TONIGHT !
GEOFF

Rexone
10-21-2002, 04:29 PM
Geoff, We had some bezels (anodized ones) that got outta here unfinished. If you got anodized ones from us recently check them. The hole that the ground post of the light anchors in should be the correct size for the post and should be bare aluminum. Also the 2 mounting holes should be spotfaced to bare aluminum so the screws ground the bezel to the trailer. If you have either of these problems let me know and we'll fix them quickly for you or you can do if you prefer. Just a heads up so you don't put em on and have no lights workin.

Rexone
10-21-2002, 04:54 PM
Geoff, If you got the unfinished ones PM me if you like and you can run em over tonight and I'll get you fixed up. I'll be here late.

WILDERTHANU54
10-21-2002, 06:40 PM
THANX AGAIN MIKE ! !

WILDERTHANU54
10-29-2002, 08:38 AM
IF YOU GET A CHANCE CHECK YOUR MESSAGES !
GEOFF