PDA

View Full Version : GI GI Boats

OverKill
06-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Hey guys my dad and I ran accross a fixer uper. We are told it is a GI GI boat. Sounds like Gee Gee. Anybody have one or heard of one please let me know. Oh and its a 1975. :) :)

widowmaker
06-13-2007, 08:53 PM
My first boat was a GI GI boat, it was rootbeer brown metal flake. solid as a rock, short stringers, lots of hook in the boat, would handle rough water great. It too was a 1975. It came originally with a 455 and a berk jc pump. Eventually it was changed to a 454 chevy. It was a company based out of Santa Ana in the mid seventies before the gas crunch.

OverKill
06-13-2007, 09:30 PM
My first boat was a GI GI boat, it was rootbeer brown metal flake. solid as a rock, short stringers, lots of hook in the boat, would handle rough water great. It too was a 1975. It came originally with a 455 and a berk jc pump. Eventually it was changed to a 454 chevy. It was a company based out of Santa Ana in the mid seventies before the gas crunch.
Widowmaker thanks for the info. I will tell the old man. First thing is to run full stringers. With a blown 454 I wonder what that would do for it??:D

widowmaker
06-14-2007, 09:28 AM
Widowmaker thanks for the info. I will tell the old man. First thing is to run full stringers. With a blown 454 I wonder what that would do for it??:D
With a blown 454 a full stringered boat would definately be preferrable.