PDA

View Full Version : Hey Sleeper CP...

pw_Tony
06-13-2007, 07:03 PM
Do you run at Martinez? The boat in your signature looks alot like one I've seen out there

Sleeper CP
06-13-2007, 09:50 PM
Martinez used to be my brother and my second home. Haven't been for a while (damn kids anyway) 3 years. And only three times the two years before that. We are looking forward to some fun this summer. My brothers and my kids what to go this summer,so the boat just got the interior done, it looks great. The 565" Ford needed alittle TLC after sitting for so long. I had some trick parts that I purchased years ago so I decided I'll put them on now, or I might not ever use them. I hope it doesn't make the engine to roudy and I'll have to tune it down but we'll see. The revised engine will be on the dyno in 2 or 3 weeks. Looking for 900+ HP with a single carb and cast intake. I can detune it real easy if I need to. Jack at MPD has both of my pumps; he's sorting out the best of the parts for the best combo. So we'll be at Martinez in July and a few other times this summer. I hope it doesn't take to long to sort out the new combo. One problem is I haven't driven a boat over 100 mph for so long it will probably scare the $hit out of me. I might be getting to old for this crap. Keep an eye out for the family stationwagon this summer " We're Back".
Sleeper CP

pw_Tony
06-14-2007, 01:04 AM
Sounds like you're excited! Just up around piccacho there was a wing up there that looked like the boat in your sig, must be a different. I'll keep an eye out for yah, I'll be in a white, tiel, and black Hondo Pantera with headers a t-ram and all that show shit. Later

Sleeper CP
06-14-2007, 09:59 AM
Yeah,
It's been awhile since we have been down there, we are going to have to re-learn the river. Looking forward to having some fun with some old friends that haven't seen us for awhile, also looking forward to surprising some newcomers with the open bow stationwagon.:devil: :jawdrop:
I'll look for you.
Sleeper CP

LuckyDaze
06-14-2007, 05:49 PM
Hey Sleeper, do you have any other pics of your boat? I want to send my pops a pic of your boat. He and I are building a TX19 together and he thinks he is going to get laughed off the river cause he is going with a single carb and through the transom headers. Your boat looks like its haulin! I keep trying to tell him a lot of the fast boats out there are running similar setups.
~Brian

Sleeper CP
06-14-2007, 08:53 PM
LuckyDaze,
I'll look for a couple of pictures. The engine is out right now, so I can't take a picture for you. I built a house last year and moved 3 times in the last 4 yrs. I have no idea where some of my pictures are, but I'll look. Our headers are Bassett's and I just got them back from Jet-Hot today, to be recoated after about 14 years . They look great!:)
Tell your father that the best solution to people laughing at him is being able to out run them. He who laughs last, laughs best.:D
When the boat gets back together I'll post some pictures.But to be honest with you, the boat looks just fine with the through the transom headers and single carb. Most people have no idea what's there.:jawdrop: That's why it's a sleeper. And yeah, it can really haul the mail.
Sleeper CP

Psycho Squid
06-15-2007, 07:26 AM
Yeah,
It's been awhile since we have been down there, we are going to have to re-learn the river. Looking forward to having some fun with some old friends that haven't seen us for awhile, also looking forward to surprising some newcomers with the open bow stationwagon.:devil: :jawdrop:
I'll look for you.
Sleeper CP This isn't JC & JC is it? :D If it is that stationwagon hauls ass! Last I saw of it was about 5 or 6 years ago. With that said the same two brothers showed up in a waaaaka. ( Hope you traded the blender for parts.) Look fwd to seeing you on the beach! :D
squid.

Sleeper CP
06-15-2007, 08:12 AM
Psycho,
Yeah, its Jon, one of the JC's. Who are you?
Since I'm new at this posting stuff, is a "waaaaka" an outboard or any prop boat? I try my best to stay away from outboards and I don't remember being on one 5-6 yrs ago, yes I would probably remember because it hasn't happened much, but maybe? Hey sometimes I have to get in a boat powered by a Chevy too.:rolleyes: Don't really I like it, but I do it when needed.;)
Let me know who you are. See ya at the river:D
Sleeper CP

Psycho Squid
06-15-2007, 09:15 AM
It's Petrovich and I still run with those crazy Farmers in Yuma. I moved form Lakeside Ca. to LHC 2 years ago. As to the waaaka comment I was standing on the sandbar and a Black STV went by @ like 130 mph and some peeps said it was you guys. The last time I saw the stationwagon I was drunk! If I rember it had an engine cover and you wouldn't let us look inside. :D BTW someone told me your house burn't down? Hope all is well.
Skee.

Sleeper CP
06-15-2007, 09:56 AM
First off on the "fire", my parents house in Dehesa Valley burned 8 years ago this past Jan. As far as a total lose fire goes it wasn't that bad. It took 5 hours to burn down and almost every thing of value got removed from the house by us and the volunteer fire fighters. Since there was a guest house there they moved into it. They sold the 12 acres before they rebuilt.
A STV, no freaking way! Wasn't us. Nothing wrong with STV's but you wouldn't catch me in one over 100, or even close to 100.
Lastly, You must have been real drunk(bad Tequilla) or something else. The boat has never had an engine cover and never will. James and I both like looking at the engine to much to do that.
Glad to hear the Yuma Famers are still around. We'll see you this Summer sometime.
Sleeper CP

Psycho Squid
06-15-2007, 11:08 AM
First off on the "fire", my parents house in Dehesa Valley burned 8 years ago this past Jan. As far as a total lose fire goes it wasn't that bad. It took 5 hours to burn down and almost every thing of value got removed from the house by us and the volunteer fire fighters. Since there was a guest house there they moved into it. They sold the 12 acres before they rebuilt.
A STV, no freaking way! Wasn't us. Nothing wrong with STV's but you wouldn't catch me in one over 100, or even close to 100.
Lastly, You must have been real drunk(bad Tequilla) or something else. The boat has never had an engine cover and never will. James and I both like looking at the engine to much to do that.
Glad to hear the Yuma Famers are still around. We'll see you this Summer sometime.
Sleeper CP Well glad to hear all turned out Ok. My parents had a home fire. My brother Darrin, ( No Regret$ ) here on the boards left a dry pair of jeans in the dryer on high. :eek: He was trying to get the wrinkles out. Went to the country club for drinks, Came home to the fire dept.
Tequilla good!..........I stay away from uncle Jack. ;)
Glad to see that ford back in the water.
Squid

noregret$
06-15-2007, 02:37 PM
Well glad to hear all turned out Ok. My parents had a home fire. My brother Darrin, ( No Regret$ ) here on the boards left a dry pair of jeans in the dryer on high. :eek: He was trying to get the wrinkles out. Went to the country club for drinks, Came home to the fire dept.
Tequilla good!..........I stay away from uncle Jack. ;)
Glad to see that ford back in the water.
Squid
nice to see the JC'S BACK ON THE WATER stop in at sand bar 3 and say hi!!!!!!! as for fire IWON'T TALK ABOUT SQUID BLOWING UUPP.... GRAMMAS HOUSE WITH A VOLKSWAGEN BUG ..........!!!!!!!!! HOT BURN....