PDA

View Full Version : Boat Trailer Hook-Up?

Robert1050
06-13-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm finally going to bring my '81 Daytona 21 back to OC this weekend to have the motor replaced (Thanks to Al Stoker), but as long as it's going to be here for a week or so, I was thinking of replacing the rotting trailer that it sits on. I called Extreme Trailers today (they supply Eliminator Boats with their trailers) and was blown away by the price - $5200 for a basic trailer, nothing fancy. I don't need to triple the value of my boat by purchasing one of theirs.
So, I'm looking for advice or leads on purchasing a reasonably priced, decent trailer. I don't care if I buy it in SoCal or Havasu, so does anyone have any advice?
Thanks,
Robert

Brownie
06-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Give Don at Baja Trailers in Gardena a call...he sells used ones that he rebuilds and very reasonable prices. He could also rebuild yours if you want. I had him do a custom axle for my jet boat trailer; great workmanship and fast service.
Don't have his # handy; they always advertise in the Boat Trader or do the 411 thing.

Robert1050
06-13-2007, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the tip Brownie, I'll look him up. My original trailer is to far gone for repair, it was built back in 1980 and back then, the manufacturer didn't know that he needed to put drain holes in cross-members on rect tube trailers. I've owned the combo since 2000 and the trailer has been on borrowed time as long as I've owned it. All that seems to be holding it together is the paint...
Robert

plaster dave
06-14-2007, 05:53 AM
Bear trailer sports in chatsworth is good.

RitcheyRch
06-14-2007, 06:11 AM
http://www.bajatrailers.com/
http://www.beartrailer.com/index.htm
Give Don at Baja Trailers in Gardena a call...he sells used ones that he rebuilds and very reasonable prices. He could also rebuild yours if you want. I had him do a custom axle for my jet boat trailer; great workmanship and fast service.
Don't have his # handy; they always advertise in the Boat Trader or do the 411 thing.

Old school Ultra
06-14-2007, 01:20 PM
Call Vic at Bear Trailers, 818-727-1585 I think he has a few used trailers in stock, I just picked my new trailer yesterday!! I just sold my old one...

Robert1050
06-14-2007, 08:11 PM
Thanks again guys!
I will be on the phone tomorrow morning to see what I can find out. Prices seem to be right in line with where I thought they should be.
Robert