PDA

View Full Version : Any Anteaters fans out there??????????????????????????

Not So Fast
06-14-2007, 07:14 AM
After abandoning their baseball program a number of years ago (which I never understood in the first place) I see in the paper that the Irvine Anteaters (horrible name to hang on any team) are alive and well. In fact I think they play the ASU team this saturday at 11 am in the CWS. Kudos to Irvine for getting back into college baseball which is a great place to watch young men who really care about the game play AND ITS CHEAP. We used to go watch CSF play all the time and there are no bad seats. :D :D NSF

Jyruiz
06-14-2007, 07:16 AM
No.

yopengo
06-14-2007, 07:18 AM
Go Fullerton. :D

my21advantage
06-14-2007, 07:20 AM
Who has an anteater for their mascot...:D it's almost as bad as the Tritans (UCSD) or the Guachos (UCSB) :jawdrop:
I don't know where the UC School's came up with their Mascots???

Jordy
06-14-2007, 07:23 AM
Who has an anteater for their mascot...:D
Scottsdale Community College is the Fighting Artichokes. :idea:
As far as the baseball game, I gotta say Go SUN DEVILS!!!! :D :D :D

Not So Fast
06-14-2007, 07:30 AM
Who has an anteater for their mascot...:D it's almost as bad as the Tritans (UCSD) or the Guachos (UCSB) :jawdrop:
Yeah, aint that the truth!:( Apparently after i did some investigating why that handle was put on the team sports I found out that back when UCI was established that the administration didnt want any names associated with aggressiveness and wanted a more benign and peaceful name for the teams:confused: I wonder if they were members of the Sierra Club or if they wore Birkenstock sandals with flowers in their hair, he-he-he :D Anyway, its good to see them back in sports!! NSF

Not So Fast
06-14-2007, 07:33 AM
No.
You should be Juan, its great entertainment for the whole family and JUST A LITTLE cheaper to take the family than Dodger games!!!! :D Go D-BACKS and ASU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NSF

uvindex
06-14-2007, 07:40 AM
I don't know where the UC School's came up with their Mascots???Don't forget the freakin' Banana Slugs! (UC Santa Cruz).
Go Cal State Fullerton! (My alma mater.)

my21advantage
06-14-2007, 07:42 AM
Don't forget the freakin' Banana Slugs! (UC Santa Cruz).
Go Cal State Fullerton! (My alma mater.)
I was just about to say that!
LMAO

Jordy
06-14-2007, 08:08 AM
Don't forget the freakin' Banana Slugs! (UC Santa Cruz).
That's gotta be a lovely mascot!!! :D :D :D
They revamped Artie a little bit since I was there:
http://www.scottsdalecc.edu/news/artie_2007.jpg
Nice Fighting Aritichoke. :D

Mattman
06-14-2007, 08:11 AM
Hey NSF how's the blue motor treatin' ya?

Jordy
06-14-2007, 08:11 AM
Oh how I miss ASU:
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n229/bener18/asuhotties.jpg
Go DEVILS!!!! :D :D :D
http://www.sundevilaquatics.com/images/sparky_logo.gif

EaterFan
06-14-2007, 08:23 AM
College baseball...fun to watch....Played by players that play the game the way it should be played...Very little "big league".
Eaters...well coached, players sprint on and off the field, pitch well, great defense, great team speed, starting line up all hit over .300 on the season, each player wears their uniform the same way (socks showing)....Enthusiastically have fun !!!
Go Eaters !!!
Goin to Omaha.....

bohica
06-14-2007, 08:44 AM
CSUF Alumni here. The baseball team was the only thing good at that school. The football team was so bad, that's how we got known as Cal State Disneyland.
Go Titans.:D

shippingguy
06-14-2007, 08:52 AM
I hope Cal State Fullerton wins it again. I love this time of year. The CWS is great to watch.
I am partial. I was on the team my freshman year when we beat USC in 1995for the World Series Championship. It would be nice to see the title back at Fullerton again.
Mike

dimarcobros
06-14-2007, 08:56 AM
I am CSUF alumni and never understood why we are the Titans but our mascot is Tuffy the Titan which is an elephant. :confused: Either way we still dominate Baseball. :D
DMB

my21advantage
06-14-2007, 09:03 AM
[QUOTE=Jordy;2619618]Oh how I miss ASU:
http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n229/bener18/asuhotties.jpg
Go DEVILS!!!! :D :D :D
QUOTE]
I LIKE ASU TOO - THE BOTH OF THEM:D

shippingguy
06-14-2007, 09:05 AM
You should be Juan, its great entertainment for the whole family and JUST A LITTLE cheaper to take the family than Dodger games!!!! :D Go D-BACKS and ASU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NSF
Man move to AZ and your priorties go south:eek:
Go Fullerton and Dodgers!!!!!:D

Havasu1986
06-14-2007, 09:06 AM
Ahh... The games in Omaha Nebraska. :eek: :D

uvindex
06-14-2007, 09:11 AM
I am CSUF alumni and never understood why we are the Titans but our mascot is Tuffy the Titan which is an elephant. :confused: Either way we still dominate Baseball. :D
DMBFrom our site: "The elephant races – held on The Day of the Titan, May 11, 1962 – are credited with first associating the Titan name with the elephant mascot. On that sunny May afternoon, about 10,000 spectators trudged through the then-secluded Orange County State College campus to “Dumbo Downs,” a hastily converted cornfield next to where to Titan Student Union now stands, to watch a series of five different elephant races."
Didn't you go to orientation? :)
http://www.fullerton.edu/50/gallery/race/ElephantRaces2.jpg

EaterFan
06-14-2007, 09:13 AM
Shippingguy, I think Anteater coach Sergio Brown was a part of the 1995 championship team...........

shippingguy
06-14-2007, 09:16 AM
Shippingguy, I think Anteater coach Sergio Brown was a part of the 1995 championship team...........
Yes he was. Sergio is a great guy very soft spoken. He was the oldest guy on the team. He played a bit of short and second. Has a nice swing. I did not even know he was the coach. That is great! Good for him.
Mike

dimarcobros
06-14-2007, 09:18 AM
From our site: "The elephant races – held on The Day of the Titan, May 11, 1962 – are credited with first associating the Titan name with the elephant mascot. On that sunny May afternoon, about 10,000 spectators trudged through the then-secluded Orange County State College campus to “Dumbo Downs,” a hastily converted cornfield next to where to Titan Student Union now stands, to watch a series of five different elephant races."
I guess not, must have been at the pub. :D
DMB

Jordy
06-14-2007, 09:23 AM
Yes he was. Sergio is a great guy very soft spoken. He was the oldest guy on the team. He played a bit of short and second. Has a nice swing. I did not even know he was the coach. That is great! Good for him.
Mike
RiverDave says that kind of talk is gay. :notam: :D :devil:

uvindex
06-14-2007, 09:24 AM
I guess not, must have been at the pub. :D
DMBAh yes, the Pub. Many good memories (my buddy and I used to leave work at 5:00pm, go to the Pub for a pitcher or two, then go to the 7:00pm class we had together). And comedy nights there. And seeing the Untouchables there... Good times!

shippingguy
06-14-2007, 09:25 AM
RiverDave says that kind of talk is gay. :notam: :D :devil:
Not gay here. I see what you mean though:) Maybe I should pull a GRADS and delete what I said:D :D

eliminatedsprinter
06-14-2007, 09:46 AM
From our site: "The elephant races – held on The Day of the Titan, May 11, 1962 – are credited with first associating the Titan name with the elephant mascot. On that sunny May afternoon, about 10,000 spectators trudged through the then-secluded Orange County State College campus to “Dumbo Downs,” a hastily converted cornfield next to where to Titan Student Union now stands, to watch a series of five different elephant races."
I'd love to see them do it now. It would be funny to see all the PETA nuts stroke out.:D

Not So Fast
06-14-2007, 10:29 AM
In rebuttal
Jordy- The Fighting Artichokes, you have got to be kidding right? But the girls of ASU--YA BABY;) ;)
Mattman- best move I have made in quite awhile, cetainly not a speedster but respectable, I love it and it just looks so much better and I'm all about the looks ya know:D :D
Eater- We would go see quite a few of the local teams, Cal State Fullerton and the ever loving "Dirt Bags" of L.B. State and you are right on, they play the game with gusto and none of the lack of enthusiasm that major leaguers show. As Pete Rose once said "yes it takes talent to play the game, but it takes just desire to HUSTLE" nuff said huh?
Shippingguy (Mike) To much crap gone down the pipes to support either Baseball team, dont even know who is on them now and they are still the ANAHEIM ANGELS to me. BTW, Mike was pretty good ball player at Cal State.
I am still and forever will be died in the wool true to the blue & yellow (and white now) SAN DIEGO CHARGERS<<<<>>>> GO BOLTS :D :D NSF

Not So Fast
06-14-2007, 10:33 AM
I'd love to see them do it now. It would be funny to see all the PETA nuts stroke out.:D
What year is that, looks like about early 60's NSF

uvindex
06-14-2007, 10:35 AM
What year is that, looks like about early 60's NSFMay 11, 1962 ("The Day of the Titan")

shippingguy
06-14-2007, 10:39 AM
Shippingguy (Mike) To much crap gone down the pipes to support either Baseball team, dont even know who is on them now and they are still the ANAHEIM ANGELS to me. BTW, Mike was pretty good ball player at Cal State.
I am still and forever will be died in the wool true to the blue & yellow (and white now) SAN DIEGO CHARGERS<<<<>>>> GO BOLTS :D :D NSF[/QUOTE]
Yeah I know what you mean. Now that I live down in Murrieta I go to PEtco PArk and watch the Padres more. I love going down there. Thanks for the compliment. We will be out tonight through Sunday hope to catch you on the water one day. Tell Brett and Travis I say hello.. We need to get out there together and get Ryan Fullerton out too.

Jordy
06-14-2007, 10:40 AM
In rebuttal
Jordy- The Fighting Artichokes, you have got to be kidding right? But the girls of ASU--YA BABY;) ;)
Dead serious. The Fighting Artichokes. Scottsdale Community College. Fortunately I spent less time there than I did at ASU. I think it's time for another major. I wanna be a freshman at ASU again. Leisure Studies, here I come!!! :D :D :D

Ivan Dan
06-14-2007, 11:01 AM
CSUF Alumni here too.....GO TITANS!!!!! and GO ANGELS!!!! :D

EaterFan
06-14-2007, 11:46 AM
Assistant coach Sergio Brown is one of the main recruiters, defensive positioning coach and 1st base coach.....
Head coach is Dave Serrano ex-CSUF pitching coach............
Hope to see more Eater fans next year at Anteater ballpark.........

Not So Fast
06-14-2007, 11:56 AM
I am still and forever will be died in the wool true to the blue & yellow (and white now) SAN DIEGO CHARGERS<<<<>>>> GO BOLTS :D :D NSF
Yeah I know what you mean. Now that I live down in Murrieta I go to PEtco PArk and watch the Padres more. I love going down there. Thanks for the compliment. We will be out tonight through Sunday hope to catch you on the water one day. Tell Brett and Travis I say hello.. We need to get out there together and get Ryan Fullerton out too.[/QUOTE]
Dont get me wrong, I still like the So Cal teams because thats where I grew up but I would have trouble telling you who plays on the teams now, I watch the D-Backs cause they are on TV all the time, like right now getting their ass handed to them by the Yanks again:( Oh well, still close to first place. Trav just called and we will all be out on the water Monday so stick around 1 more day and lets hang out a little, maybe a leisurely cruize to Moabi HUH? Give one of us a call. Did you see Trav on TV the other nite, Friggin ham. Bobby

eliminatedsprinter
06-14-2007, 11:59 AM
In a far off time, long ago, I spent a very nice afternoon at UCI being recruted by Bill Toomey to run track for him there. I was just about to say yes, when I looked in their cataloge and found out that they didn't have my major. He then suggested that I could major in "Social Ecology". I had to say no thanks. I was a student first and an athlete second. :)

shippingguy
06-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Dont get me wrong, I still like the So Cal teams because thats where I grew up but I would have trouble telling you who plays on the teams now, I watch the D-Backs cause they are on TV all the time, like right now getting their ass handed to them by the Yanks again:( Oh well, still close to first place. Trav just called and we will all be out on the water Monday so stick around 1 more day and lets hang out a little, maybe a leisurely cruize to Moabi HUH? Give one of us a call. Did you see Trav on TV the other nite, Friggin ham. Bobby[/QUOTE]
Love to stay another day, but we have a buddy and his girlfriend going with us and they need to come home on Monday. Yeah I saw him. I am going to have to give him some s#%t when I see him. Tell them both I said what's up.
Mike

shippingguy
06-14-2007, 12:04 PM
Assistant coach Sergio Brown is one of the main recruiters, defensive positioning coach and 1st base coach.....
Head coach is Dave Serrano ex-CSUF pitching coach............
Hope to see more Eater fans next year at Anteater ballpark.........
No worries. That's what I thought. Serrano was coaching at Cerritos JC when I was palying at Cal State Fullerton. Horton was the pitching coach when I was there and Augie Garrido was the head coach.
Mike

Not So Fast
06-14-2007, 12:13 PM
Mike; your friends could bring their own car and leave when they want, no?? Anyway we'll be out there so call if you can stay OK, otherwise you're going to jail :D :D Bobby

shippingguy
06-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Mike; your friends could bring their own car and leave when they want, no?? Anyway we'll be out there so call if you can stay OK, otherwise you're going to jail :D :D Bobby
Yeah I don't want Travis wrapping me up calling me "HOMEBOY!!" I will let you know if we can stay.

EaterFan
06-14-2007, 12:21 PM
xx

eliminatedsprinter
06-14-2007, 12:28 PM
xx
You have to be seriously good at trivia to know what it is, but......;)
I''m a Registered Kinesiotherapist (RKT). I did my undergrad at CSUN and my post graduate therapy schooling at CSULB.

Totally IncapASSitated
06-14-2007, 12:37 PM
CSUF Alum here also!!! GO TITANS!!!
College baseball is by far the best baseball to watch!!! These guys are still playing to win at this point and not just for the paycheck!!!!!
Hopefully, we will see two Big West teams square off if CSUF and UCI both win their first round games.

EaterFan
06-14-2007, 12:51 PM
eliminatedsprinter....whew, you're right.....not sure sure about that....Reason I asked was because my wife contracts physical, occupational, and speech therapists to nursing homes.....Just wondering....
I root for UCI, then the Big West, then west coast baseball teams, like PAC10...If it's not UCI, I HOPE one of our left coast brothers win it.....
Anyone in Omaha stop by the UCI house 2 doors down from the CSUF house....

eliminatedsprinter
06-14-2007, 01:11 PM
eliminatedsprinter....whew, you're right.....not sure sure about that....Reason I asked was because my wife contracts physical, occupational, and speech therapists to nursing homes.....Just wondering....
I root for UCI, then the Big West, then west coast baseball teams, like PAC10...If it's not UCI, I HOPE one of our left coast brothers win it.....
Anyone in Omaha stop by the UCI house 2 doors down from the CSUF house....
I ran the therapy clinic in our NHCU for a couple of years in my early years with the VA. I also developed a Hospice physical therapy protocol for a local cummunity hospital my 1rst year out of therapy school. I found it to be very rewarding work.