PDA

View Full Version : Day in the zone Saturday.

highvoltagehands
06-14-2007, 11:43 AM
For those of you not going to the Cat Attack, This Saturday will be the Day in the Zone concert at Discovery Park in Sacramento. A great many of us will be tying up on the American river to listen to the concert and PARTAY!
Swing by and say hello.
Hud.

Just foreplay
06-14-2007, 12:01 PM
For those of you not going to the Cat Attack, This Saturday will be the Day in the Zone concert at Discovery Park in Sacramento. A great many of us will be tying up on the American river to listen to the concert and PARTAY!
Swing by and say hello.
Hud.
I appreciate the invite...but heading out to the Cat Attack. We will have to catch ya on the next one...Have a great time !

John.
06-14-2007, 12:43 PM
have you been to the part on the river before? it gets pretty busy and crowded. get there early in the morning to avoid the long launch line at Discovery Park. The Isleton crawdad festival is also this weekend...a couple miles down the Sac river.

BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER
06-14-2007, 01:28 PM
John you are not going to shasta?
BIG JOE SSMF

John.
06-14-2007, 02:54 PM
John you are not going to shasta?
BIG JOE SSMF
nope. my wife works weekends and since we just took a vacation down to Havasu and we're going to Hawaii in 10 days, she can't take time off to go up to Shasta. I wouldn't want to make a trip up there without her either. We may be going up to the Tahoe trip the first week of July on Monday & Tuesday...

highvoltagehands
06-14-2007, 04:50 PM
have you been to the part on the river before? it gets pretty busy and crowded. get there early in the morning to avoid the long launch line at Discovery Park. The Isleton crawdad festival is also this weekend...a couple miles down the Sac river.
Did my first Day in the zone in 1998. And you're right, it does get busy, that's why we go, and why we launch up at the Alamar. Nice ride back too.
Hud

twowheeledfish
06-14-2007, 08:39 PM
Swing by and say hello.
Hud.
A group of ***boaters from Chico are launching from Colusa and running all the way down to Sacto... see ya there.

highvoltagehands
06-15-2007, 05:45 PM
A group of ***boaters from Chico are launching from Colusa and running all the way down to Sacto... see ya there.
Right on.

Dribble
06-15-2007, 05:50 PM
Swing by and say hello.
Hud.
I saw your boat in the ACE Hardware parking lot last weekend. I must say that is one bitchen ride.

stoker2001
06-15-2007, 06:51 PM
A group of ***boaters from Chico are launching from Colusa and running all the way down to Sacto... see ya there.WHOA,thats getting after it:jawdrop: I have gone from Sacto to Grimes and the river is very snakey,so you can almost double the distance as the crow flies.Your complete trip (there and back) will be at least 130 miles.Should be fun,just know your range on fuel:) I did a run two weeks ago from Sacto to DElta (huge loop) and back for a total GPS verified 170 miles in one day in the 22' Stoker averaging 45mph (not including 5mph xones).The Merc Optimax Green motor got around 5 miles per gallon,which is pretty economical:)

highvoltagehands
06-15-2007, 09:23 PM
I saw your boat in the ACE Hardware parking lot last weekend. I must say that is one bitchen ride.
Thanks Bro.

twowheeledfish
06-15-2007, 10:37 PM
WHOA,thats getting after it:jawdrop: I have gone from Sacto to Grimes and the river is very snakey,so you can almost double the distance as the crow flies.Your complete trip (there and back) will be at least 130 miles.Should be fun,just know your range on fuel:) I did a run two weeks ago from Sacto to DElta (huge loop) and back for a total GPS verified 170 miles in one day in the 22' Stoker averaging 45mph (not including 5mph xones).The Merc Optimax Green motor got around 5 miles per gallon,which is pretty economical:)
Yep, you're right on. Colusa is at RM 144... we can get fuel at Verona at RM 80. That's only 64 miles between fuel stops, and about another 20 miles from Verona to Sacto. Piece 'o cake.