PDA

View Full Version : Since we're talking baseball.......................

Not So Fast
06-14-2007, 12:06 PM
I am so sick of these damn umpires that seem to make a lot of very bad calls and you cant say a word to them now. Like Lou Pinella getting what, a 4 game suspension for his antics a week ago or so. Christs sake, THATS PART OF THE SHOW for me. I used to love guys like Sparky Anderson, Tommy Lasorda, Billy Martin, and I forget the Tigers coach who put on a good show. I dont know about you'all but I feel like the umps now a day what to "BE THE SHOW", when in reality they should just turn around and walk away. <<<<Dirt kickers rule>>>>> :D :D :D :D :D NSF

Havasu1986
06-14-2007, 12:11 PM
I am so sick of these damn umpires that seem to make a lot of very bad calls and you cant say a word to them now. Like Lou Pinella getting what, a 4 game suspension for his antics a week ago or so. Christs sake, THATS PART OF THE SHOW for me. I used to love guys like Sparky Anderson, Tommy Lasorda, Billy Martin, and I forget the Tigers coach who put on a good show. I dont know about you'all but I feel like the umps now a day what to "BE THE SHOW", when in reality they should just turn around and walk away. <<<<Dirt kickers rule>>>>> :D :D :D :D :D NSF
Sparky managed both the Reds and Tigers. Is that who you were thinking of.

Not So Fast
06-14-2007, 12:18 PM
I think he's referring to Jim Leyland.
God for the life of me I cant remember, seems his name was Dick something or other, sort of a portly guy that could argue with the best of them, somebody help me out here, ah-ha- the Orioles manager, that was him??? NSF

Ion
06-14-2007, 12:21 PM
Lou was looking for an excuse to vent his frustration...particularly since Zambrano biffed Barrett in the clubhouse a few days prior. He was waiting for an opportunity to put on a show and he found one...right or wrong, he was gonna go off. Since then the team has played better ball. Lou's one of the best!
GO CUBBIES!

Not So Fast
06-14-2007, 12:26 PM
earl weaver
Damn, I just remembered, figures you would beat me to it :D Its hell getting old:( :( NSF

Ion
06-14-2007, 12:29 PM
Furthermore, re: weak umps...after Soriano had a 3 homerun game, the following day, an Atlanta pitcher beaned him, up high, almost in the head, his first at bat, and was only issued a warning. The following day, the Cub pitcher beaned a Braves batter to retaliate and he was ejected, without a warning, that the Braves pitcher was granted the previous day. The next play, the beaned Atlanta batter, Renteria, stole second and gave the rookie Cub's shortstop, covering the base, a sharp backhand to his nose, without any consequences or warnings!

Not So Fast
06-14-2007, 12:32 PM
I believe Pinella made contact with an umpire. That's a no no.
Yeah, sort of like the reporter the other day outside of Paris Hiltons house when the patrol car barely nudged him (because he wouldnt move or listen to commands)and he turns to his camara man DID YOU SEE THAT,HE "HIT ME". Sorry that was incidental contact and CANNOT BE CONSIDERED hitting or even bumping IMO. NSF

Ion
06-14-2007, 12:33 PM
I believe Pinella made contact with an umpire. That's a no no.
Yup...his belly banged up against the ump as well as pushed veteran ump Bruce Froemming out of the way a couple times so he could begin the dirt kicking tirade, during which time he might have accidentally kicked the ump in the shins. But...if he had, the ump whould have reacted in some way. I don't think 3rd base umps wear shin guards either.

Not So Fast
06-14-2007, 01:18 PM
Yup...his belly banged up against the ump as well as pushed veteran ump Bruce Froemming out of the way a couple times so he could begin the dirt kicking tirade, during which time he might have accidentally kicked the ump in the shins. But...if he had, the ump whould have reacted in some way. I don't think 3rd base umps wear shin guards either.
Didnt get to see the whole thing so maybe he did BUMP him and Lou would scare the bejesus out of me anyway, but a four game suspension, I call BS. Its a part of the game I love to watch JMO :D NSF

Old Texan
06-14-2007, 01:49 PM
Can't forget Bobby Cox, especially since he's just a thumb or two away for setting the all time ejection record.:devil:

boat boy
06-14-2007, 01:57 PM
Billy Martin what a classic. Having ump'd at various levels from LL to Big leauge and everything in between, I understand perfectly where these ump's are coming from.
One time during an LL allstar game (road to Williamsport) with 2 strikes and 2 balls on batter, runners on 3rd & 2nd, vistors at bat and losing 6 to 1 with 2 outs top of the 6th, batter hits ball up the middle and called out at 1st. Batters uncle comes flying out of the stands yelling, you blow it ump you F*+/**g ump. He said this about a dozen times or so, then confronted me in the parking lot.
When does this stop?

CBadDad
06-14-2007, 02:03 PM
Earl Weaver was way too funny.
Listen to this. If you're at work, you might want to turn teh volume down a tad, lots of F-bombs.
http://www.fugly.com/audio/610/Earl_Weaver_Tirade.html

Not So Fast
06-14-2007, 02:36 PM
Earl Weaver was way too funny.
Listen to this. If you're at work, you might want to turn teh volume down a tad, lots of F-bombs.
http://www.fugly.com/audio/610/Earl_Weaver_Tirade.html
Boy, he would give the "Big Man from Brooklyn" competion, classic NSF