PDA

View Full Version : Emergency...OH NO!!! This is bad!!!

Baja Big Dog
06-14-2007, 04:08 PM
Just heard the worst news...
The well that Jack Daniels uses for the water in there brewing process is going dry due to the drought. Say it aint so........they will not brew with out that water.:mad:
Better start hoarding the Jack!!!:eek:

DMOORE
06-14-2007, 04:15 PM
Glad I drink Tequila. They'll brew with sewer water down there.:)
Darrell.

MR.rvrluvr
06-14-2007, 04:24 PM
wha wha what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! honey get the god damn keys we are going shopping..:devil:

probablecause
06-14-2007, 04:26 PM
That is like saying Strawberries won't be picked without illegals. Where there is a will, there is a way. Besides, I prefere bourbon :lightsabe

RiverOtter
06-14-2007, 04:28 PM
Just heard the worst news...
The well that Jack Daniels uses for the water in there brewing process is going dry due to the drought. Say it aint so........they will not brew with out that water.:mad:
Better start hoarding the Jack!!!:eek:
Nashvillebound is gonna freak!! :eek:

mrs.rvrluvr
06-14-2007, 04:28 PM
I better go stock up. A day without Jack is like a day without sunshine. :(

XTRM22
06-14-2007, 04:36 PM
I better go stock up. A day without Jack is like a day without sunshine. :(
You can say that again!! If drinkins not the answer, you're listening to the wrong questions!
CHuck

Sleek-Jet
06-14-2007, 04:38 PM
As long as it keeps raining in Scottland... I have nothing to fear... :D

RiverToysJas
06-14-2007, 04:44 PM
Crap, I just switched back to Jack for the summer too. Better head to Costco....
RTJas :D

Chico&Zeus
06-14-2007, 05:33 PM
One of my dad's close friends bought a wooden barrel of Jack from the distillery, he has it in his basement back in Chicago, I always envied him.....just think, a freakin barrel...I would die a happy man;)

Fast Freddy
06-14-2007, 05:39 PM
its all just a scare tactic designed by JD to increase sales and drive the prices up

NashvilleBound
06-14-2007, 05:42 PM
Nashvillebound is gonna freak!! :eek:
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Life as I know it is OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im gonna call tomorrow this is shit!

3:30dirty
06-14-2007, 05:43 PM
I am very, very, upset about this......

H20Advantage
06-14-2007, 06:33 PM
It's a ploy to drive up good whiskey prices....:idea: I think they are now owned by some of the major oil companies. :D :D

Old school Ultra
06-14-2007, 07:27 PM
I need a tissue, and a run to Costco

LuckyStrike
06-14-2007, 07:38 PM
A Jack A Day Keeps the...??? WTF was the Question Again...OH....YEYYYY:D

707dog
06-14-2007, 08:07 PM
shit man guess it might be time to fill the cabinet up!! good ol daniels family better get a plan "B"

Quest4Fun
06-14-2007, 09:37 PM
So I get online to catch up on what's going on and I have to hear this kind of news. OMG this is not good, start the rain dance!

RiverOtter
06-15-2007, 03:29 AM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I feel for those poor guys at the JD plant :rolleyes:
:D

voodoomedman
06-15-2007, 05:59 AM
Dammit do a rain dance or something. Gather up Otter and Condor and get to it. If there's no Jack I don't think I can come anywhere near that place. Travesty I tell you travesty.

carreraelite
06-15-2007, 06:50 AM
Is Jack Daniels Drying Up?
Posted: 9:20 AM Jun 12, 2007
Last Updated: 9:20 AM Jun 12, 2007
Drought conditions can be felt all over the country and locally as well. The drought is also impacting Tennessee, with no signs of letting up and it’s hitting businesses right where they make their living.
Jack Daniels water supply is running low and putting the century-plus whiskey business in jeopardy.
Jerry Hamilton is the distillery plant manager for Jack Daniels. He checks the progress of the whiskey being made at the Lynchburg distillery. While doing so he finds a small problem - wasting water.
The water here has become a precious commodity. The water source for the whiskey is a spring flowing through the Jack Daniels property. For more than 140 years this spring, known as Cave Spring, has been the water supply for Jack Daniels. It is one of the most essential parts of the whiskey’s recipie.
“Cave Spring as most people know is iron free and because it is iron free, it tends to schew the firmentation just a little bit and allows us to produce Jack Daniels as we know Jack Daniels,” Hamilton explained.
But this year there is a problem - that water supply is starting to flow less and less. Hamilton said the drought Tennessee is in is taking a toll on Cave Spring.
“Water flow is down substantially. I would say at least one third to half of what we normally see,” Hamilton said.
To the people who make Jack Daniels, all water is not created equal. It takes a special kind to make this whiskey and they say it’s only here in this cave. For that reason they have started conserving as much as they can. Using the water only for the whiskey and nothing else and even finding ways to cut back on the amount used in the process.
What will happen if the spring goes dry?
“If we can’t use what it takes to make Jack Daniels I suspect we won’t make Jack Daniles until we get all the ingredients we need,” Hamilton said.
Moore County ironically it is a dry county. You can’t buy a drink here, but if this drought continues that term “dry” could take on a whole new meaning.

voodoomedman
06-15-2007, 07:11 AM
Wow I guess I never figured anywhere in the South for a drought with the humidity, precipitation and lakes and rivers everywhere you look.

Baja Big Dog
06-15-2007, 08:32 AM
Gotta think about this. I'm guessing that a multi million dollar company isn't digging a secret pipeline as we discuss this and miraculously the well will be flowing hard.:confused:

voodoomedman
06-21-2007, 01:12 PM
Just got this email from Jack Daniel Distillery
Good News from the Jack Daniel Distillery!
Dear Friend of Jack Daniel's,
You may have seen or heard reports about how the drought in Tennessee is affecting production at the Jack Daniel Distillery. Well, we wanted to take time to write and remind you of the old adage, "Don't believe everything you read or hear!"
While it's true Tennessee and other Southeastern states are experiencing a pretty severe drought this spring and summer, we can assure you that we have plenty of water from our Distillery's cave spring to make our Tennessee Whiskey. The water level may be down somewhat, as it typically is during the summer months, but it's currently flowing above what we need for whiskey-making.
We have been making Jack Daniel's with water from this cave spring for more than 140 years and have never had a water shortage. That's not to say we're not taking conservation measures. We are using the cave spring water to make Jack Daniel's, as we always have, but we've cut back on using it for any other secondary purposes, such as cooling or cleaning. That's just being responsible and respectful of the resources that make Jack Daniel's so unique — the cave spring water, charcoal-mellowing, charred white oak barrels, fine grains, and the seasonal changes that Mother Nature offers us in the Tennessee hills.
In addition, our warehouses are filled with barrels upon barrels of Jack Daniel's going through the maturation process. When the whiskey from these barrels reaches full maturity, we'll pull those barrels and bottle the whiskey the same as we always do. In other words, your favorite retailers and bars will continue to have plenty of our Tennessee Whiskey on hand.
If you've been concerned about the various media reports, we hope we've put your mind at ease. And if you hear your friends talking about this, please let them know we're continuing to make Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey and, as Mr. Jack said many years ago, "Every day we make it, we'll make it the best we can."
Your friends at Jack Daniel's

chase8
06-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Just have yourelf a little Rum and you'll forget all about it.
Ya, Mon!

wsuwrhr
06-21-2007, 01:29 PM
Jack and I go way back. He always manages to come by when we get a group together. However Jack and never really got along. I invite him over, but he and I don't ever get a chance to chat.
Brian

NashvilleBound
06-21-2007, 02:18 PM
My (cough) in-laws are coming out the 3rd of July...were heading down for another tour of the distillery. Just in case..... I want to see whats up. I wrote to the Daniels distillery and never recieved a reply.

voodoomedman
06-21-2007, 02:29 PM
My (cough) in-laws are coming out the 3rd of July...were heading down for another tour of the distillery. Just in case..... I want to see whats up. I wrote to the Daniels distillery and never recieved a reply.
That's weird. All I ever did was once send an e-mail asking why they lowered the proof here in Cali from 86 down to 80 and not only did I receive a reply but I've been on an email list ever since and get all kinds of neat info.
And that is of course one of the stops I have to take when I visit. Can you take the kids? Do you get any samples or anything like that? Is it cool?

laveycrafter
06-21-2007, 02:34 PM
I have chest pains. This post sucks. Im calling the crisis hotline...........:(

NashvilleBound
06-21-2007, 02:37 PM
That's weird. All I ever did was once send an e-mail asking why they lowered the proof here in Cali from 86 down to 80 and not only did I receive a reply but I've been on an email list ever since and get all kinds of neat info.
And that is of course one of the stops I have to take when I visit. Can you take the kids? Do you get any samples or anything like that? Is it cool?
The tour is VERY cool. The tour guilds have a really strange sense of humor and it makes you just wonder even more about the TN gene pools.... No samples.... But my place is always fully stocked with Single Barrel...... Part of the tour is them opening the vats that drip the PURE whiskey through the charcoal... I SOOO want to bring a long straw one of these days.... Ive been at least 6 times..... I would have no problem going again!! Kids????? Not sure. We would have to call........
Some of the roads going out to the distillery are some of the nicest in TN. All this talk...Im glad Im going in two weeks :D :D :D

laveycrafter
06-21-2007, 02:37 PM
Did I mention my name is Jack Daniels, I am so ashamed.:mad:

voodoomedman
06-21-2007, 02:45 PM
The tour is VERY cool. The tour guilds have a really strange sense of humor and it makes you just wonder even more about the TN gene pools.... No samples.... But my place is always fully stocked with Single Barrel...... Part of the tour is them opening the vats that drip the PURE whiskey through the charcoal... I SOOO want to bring a long straw one of these days.... Ive been at least 6 times..... I would have no problem going again!! Kids????? Not sure. We would have to call........
Some of the roads going out to the distillery are some of the nicest in TN. All this talk...Im glad Im going in two weeks :D :D :D
I've got a 5th of regular in my display dispenser bar and two bottles of single barrel hiding with the good stuff. I can't wait to visit. Actually I can't wait to take a permanent visit. Actually when I'm getting stressed I take a nice long look at Lascassas on Remax.com

gramps
06-21-2007, 03:26 PM
A couple of days ago the "Master Distiller" was on the radio news. He claims that the water problem is "ok" for right now but it is getting a bit iffy.........I figure that it nevers hurts to keep a good supply on hand just in case, it ani't gonna spoil. Hell if you had a ten years supply on hand think of the savings you would have on your booze cost down the road.

NashvilleBound
06-21-2007, 03:48 PM
I've got a 5th of regular in my display dispenser bar and two bottles of single barrel hiding with the good stuff. I can't wait to visit. Actually I can't wait to take a permanent visit. Actually when I'm getting stressed I take a nice long look at Lascassas on Remax.com
Anytime. Make sure its in the boating season...... muy importante!