PDA

View Full Version : berkeley pump question

bigkev77
06-14-2007, 07:57 PM
the pump for my sleekcraft is a 12JC with an A impeller.... what mods, if any, can be done to put a droop snoot on this thing?:confused:

Jetaholic
06-14-2007, 08:20 PM
Change the JC bowl to a JG bowl (they're interchangable)...the JG bowl is a split bowl so you can mount a droop on it.

jetboatperformance
06-14-2007, 08:27 PM
bigkev77 A lot more info here about your boat (as much as you can provide) would help everyone but... its been our experience that Older Sleeks with thier bottom design don't seem to respond well to droops(which in your case would require a bowl change). Trim Diverters are a huge help however... Post up more and the guys can help you Tom

pw_Tony
06-14-2007, 08:52 PM
bigkev77 A lot more info here about your boat (as much as you can provide) would help everyone but... its been our experience that Older Sleeks with thier bottom design don't seem to respond well to droops(which in your case would require a bowl change). Trim Diverters are a huge help however... Post up more and the guys can help you Tom
Don't mean to jack a thread, but would a droop on a '73 18' Sleekcraft help either?

bigkev77
06-15-2007, 12:51 PM
its an 18' 1976 sleekcraft rebel, originally had a 455, but currently building a 460 for it. i'll try and post some pics as soon as i get home and get the chance.:)

jetboatperformance
06-15-2007, 08:36 PM
Its hard to really tell IMO its a cheap and easy experiment to try Tom
ps waiting to see the pics

pw_Tony
06-15-2007, 08:52 PM
Its hard to really tell IMO its a cheap and easy experiment to try Tom
ps waiting to see the pics
What do you need pics of Tom?

pw_Tony
06-15-2007, 10:50 PM
Hey Tom would a hull like this possibly benefit from a droop? It's around 500hp and a Jacuzzi B impeller
http://i18.tinypic.com/689k0g1.jpg

bigkev77
06-16-2007, 06:57 AM
well here she is... got a lot of work ahead of me, but its all gonna be worth it!
the sticker is a little faded, but on the left rear corner of the transom is the original dealer sticker. still tryin to figure a way to keep that on the boat and restore that too. :D

pw_Tony
06-19-2007, 03:23 PM
So a droop good or no on this kind of boat?

Jet Hydro
06-20-2007, 06:55 AM
it could go either way, there are a ton of things you could do to bring up the performance of that hull.

jetboatperformance
06-20-2007, 09:03 AM
Hey Tom would a hull like this possibly benefit from a droop? It's around 500hp and a Jacuzzi B impeller
http://i18.tinypic.com/689k0g1.jpg
Sorry PW ,been "slammed" lately! That hull shape and design (red boat) is a good canidate for a droop in our opinion especially with a some HP, Big Kev I still think the Sleek is a little heavy and "flat" and wouldn't benefit much (plus it would need a split bowl) The Sleekcraft would definately benefit from a Diverter however... Tom
The first pic is a WJ energizer ,similar bottom to the "red boat, 2nd is a Wj that just had a AT droop installed ...
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r319/jetboatperformance/bryan/Hondo-046S.jpg
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r319/jetboatperformance/Rob%20Terry/DSC05269.jpg

roostwear
06-20-2007, 10:11 AM
It looks like you still have the bow tank in it. If it were me, I'd concentrate on getting rid of it and putting in a couple saddle tanks. Takes too much HP to lift the weight of a tank of gas in the bow, and I would think adding a droop would make it even harder.

bigkev77
06-20-2007, 10:35 AM
the tank in the bow has been removed and side tanks are in. just left with that gross looking fill in the bow. i've been scouring my area for the "G" split bowl. but if my hull wont gain much advantage from a droop i wont worry bout it and just get a place diverter.

Devilman
06-20-2007, 10:49 AM
the tank in the bow has been removed and side tanks are in. just left with that gross looking fill in the bow. i've been scouring my area for the "G" split bowl. but if my hull wont gain much advantage from a droop i wont worry bout it and just get a place diverter.
I'm still running a bow tank in mine and even with it full of fuel, I could tell the difference once I added the droop. Could only imagine how much better it would be if I switched to a set of saddle tanks, been kicking it around but haven't got to it yet. Jumps up on plane faster, rides better & even picked up a few mph. That much less hull in the water sure helped it out. Search the spam section for a bowl, G or even a B bowl will work. Expect to pay around 300 or so for a good G bowl, a little less for a B bowl.... Good luck!

Pops@Aggressor
06-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Don't mean to jack a thread, but would a droop on a '73 18' Sleekcraft help either?Droops come in 2 configurations, Std and short.
The standard on 99.9% of the V deep and 14 Degree's like it.
If its a shorter V or Tunnel you might thing about the shorter Droop. Pound for pound or buck for buck the droop if its right will give you the most MPH of any change. Its real simple- it decreases the wetted surface/less drag more efficiency. If you need to change over the Bowl system -get prices on a good used bowl+ droop and look at the total cost. Get prices on a new & used diverter also. In the end you may still want both.