PDA

View Full Version : No Spark - Mallory Distributor with Pertronix Ignitor?

probablecause
06-15-2007, 11:11 AM
I posted it in gear heads but got no response.... Don't want to cross post so here is the link
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154063

nyjetboat
06-16-2007, 05:56 AM
don't know about the missing balls, the wife's got my set . go to mr gasket .com and click on the mallory sign, then search on there tech forums. i changed a older yl to a unilite [dual point yl] there a ph number there also , ask for a guy named terry i think he's in the mid west part of there operation

probablecause
06-16-2007, 08:03 AM
don't know about the missing balls, the wife's got my set . go to mr gasket .com and click on the mallory sign, then search on there tech forums. i changed a older yl to a unilite [dual point yl] there a ph number there also , ask for a guy named terry i think he's in the mid west part of there operation
I spoke with him already. A little grumpy but full of knowledge. He was the one who told me that if the key was kept on, it could have failed. That could have happened at the stereo shop when they were installing the stereo but the boat ran for a couple of minutes after that and then nothing.

Slacker
06-16-2007, 02:29 PM
Mine just went out, but it was on an MSD . Motor ran fine on the stand then starting acting up when we put it in the boat, then it got worse. Chasing an electrical problem for a couple of days only to find out it was a $20 part.. But it runs great now..

probablecause
06-16-2007, 02:47 PM
Mine just went out, but it was on an MSD . Motor ran fine on the stand then starting acting up when we put it in the boat, then it got worse. Chasing an electrical problem for a couple of days only to find out it was a $20 part.. But it runs great now..
I am going to go with that also. Thanks. Brendan