PDA

View Full Version : Lake Castaic

mini mo
06-15-2007, 12:20 PM
Does anyone know what the deal is regarding the 'No Swimming Permitted' and "No Alcohol Permitted" on the Castaic web site? Is this for real. It's been a few years since I've been to Castaic and at that time those rules weren't there. Thinking about going fathers day. Maybe Pyramid would be a better choice.

Mrs.Racer277
06-15-2007, 12:35 PM
Does anyone know what the deal is regarding the 'No Swimming Permitted' and "No Alcohol Permitted" on the Castaic web site? Is this for real. It's been a few years since I've been to Castaic and at that time those rules weren't there. Thinking about going fathers day. Maybe Pyramid would be a better choice.
That would be "for real"

desertbird
06-15-2007, 12:51 PM
I asked the same thing in another thread. Castaic used to be a hot spot a few years ago. The rules have always been in place, just never strictly enforced. A few deaths/injuries by a few irresponsible people pretty much locked the place down from what I gather anymore.
:(

finsfan4life
06-15-2007, 12:57 PM
I think that s just for the lower lake my friend....

desertbird
06-15-2007, 01:03 PM
How's the Brown Algae at Pyramid looking this year?

BIGAMIST
06-15-2007, 01:05 PM
Pyramid & Piru are nasty.

rrrr
06-15-2007, 01:07 PM
Brown. :)

desertbird
06-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Pyramid & Piru are nasty.
Which is why my boat stays parked in the Asphault Marina until we take it to the River or a big trip like Berryessa in 2 weeks. :D

BIGAMIST
06-15-2007, 01:25 PM
Which is why my boat stays parked in the Asphault Marina until we take it to the River or a big trip like Berryessa in 2 weeks. :D
For local boating Castaic is your best bet as far as water quality, you can drink as long as you're not a dumbass about it & out of control, you can swim, if you stay within a 100-150 feet of your boat.
The Cops are pretty much cool with it all unless you're being a dumbass.

mini mo
06-15-2007, 01:28 PM
Thanks guys. Looks like it might just be a few blasts around Casitas. can't get wet but at least we can have a few beers!. Also, I do know about the new rookie ranger there.

desertbird
06-21-2007, 07:34 AM
For local boating Castaic is your best bet as far as water quality, you can drink as long as you're not a dumbass about it & out of control, you can swim, if you stay within a 100-150 feet of your boat.
Not the water, right? :)

HALLETT BOY
06-21-2007, 08:06 AM
Watch you speed , they patrol with radar and enforce ! BTW the speed limit is
35 MPH

BIGAMIST
06-21-2007, 08:48 AM
Watch you speed , they patrol with radar and enforce ! BTW the speed limit is
35 MPH
When they pulled me over & said I was speeding I asked to see the radar gun that they clocked me with, guess what......they didn't have a radar gun on the boat.

Mrs.Racer277
06-21-2007, 08:50 AM
When they pulled me over & said I was speeding I asked to see the radar gun that they clocked me with, guess what......they didn't have a radar gun on the boat.
He just wanted to check out your HOT chick :D

bead
06-21-2007, 04:00 PM
When they pulled me over & said I was speeding I asked to see the radar gun that they clocked me with, guess what......they didn't have a radar gun on the boat.didnt have my gps yet. would
like to know how fast my boat is running...hhhhmmmmmm . i wonder if its worth it ...

plaster dave
06-21-2007, 06:18 PM
3000 rpms should be fine in what ever boat you are in.

bead
06-21-2007, 07:33 PM
and its a hvy jet . it doesnt start getting the nose over until 4500:jawdrop:

BobbyB
06-21-2007, 07:50 PM
my experience as well