PDA

View Full Version : Eco friendly no spill gas cans

Sportin' Wood
06-15-2007, 07:28 PM
I finally figured out how not to spill half the gas with the damn Eco friendly no spill gas can today. My son needed gas in his motorcycle this afternoon and again I spilled tons of fuel with the stupid no spill spout. So I simply unscrewed it and threw it as far as possible, then I just dumped it from the can into the gas tank hole and what do ya know? I spilled way less.
Who invented that damn thing and why can't I buy a regular gas can?

BigDutch
06-15-2007, 07:35 PM
Just use the no spill spout as a cap for transport. I try to carry a funel with me for those hard to hit tanks.

IMPATIENT 1
06-15-2007, 07:43 PM
I finally figured out how not to spill half the gas with the damn Eco friendly no spill gas can today. My son needed gas in his motorcycle this afternoon and again I spilled tons of fuel with the stupid no spill spout. So I simply unscrewed it and threw it as far as possible, then I just dumped it from the can into the gas tank hole and what do ya know? I spilled way less.
emission laws:D ain't they great:mad:

Ivan Dan
06-15-2007, 09:55 PM
I bought one of those last year when I got the bright idea to mow my own lawn. HA HA I ended up throwing that stupid POS in the trash. I'll stick with my old fatihful Jaz 6 gallon dump cans.

YeLLowBoaT
06-15-2007, 09:59 PM
I just take the locking coller off them... they work fine after that :D

bilgewiper
06-16-2007, 06:17 AM
I have two of those stupid things. They drain so SLOoooooo!! Is it a California only requirement, or can I go to Nevada and buy some old style?

NuckinFutz
06-16-2007, 09:08 AM
Na, California f#####d it up for all of us.

BOBALOO
06-16-2007, 12:02 PM
I went to Utah 2 years ago to stock up on gas cans:D I've got at least a few more years supply up in the rafters;) :D
I remember when the POS gas SPILLERS:mad: first came out, they cost 35 bucks for a 5 gallon at Trak auto, but the "old school" jugs were 7 bucks.
I heard, from a friend of a friend of a friend, that Gormon wont let you in if you have gas stored in the old school cans. Is this correct?

wsuwrhr
06-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Just another example why we don't need any MORE stupid laws, or the policy makers that write this shit up.

YeLLowBoaT
06-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Just another example why we don't need any MORE stupid laws, or the policy makers that write this shit up.
You think this shit is bad, you should some of the other laws on the books for hazmat in CA...
for example, let say you have some lead based paint on the out side of your house.( if it was built before the 70s, you do unless some one scraped it clean) if that paint start to peel and come off your house, you can be fined for $50,000 if its not contained. does not matter how it comes off, your scraping it, the wind, just old age... you can still be nailed. I just got done completely remove all the old lead based paint form a house( took about 3 weeks at a cost of north of 20k) I had inspectors come by alteast once a day to make sure I had it contained. then there is stuff like averages for solvents...IE a store can only sell X ammount per custmer, yet other stores do not have to fallow these rules( example hardware stores don't have to fallow the same rules as paint stores) then they set limits on how much certin biz can use a year of a solvent( based on county) a cabinet shop for example can only use 5 gallons of laquer thinner in a year in sac county, yet any one off the street can have up to 45 gallons in thier garage with no limit on how much they use. then there was the trailer shop that put in a high tech spray booth, guess what they had limits on the ammount they could spary a day, yet they could spary all they want out side... so once the daily limit was reached inside, every thing went out side to be sparyed... where its more envormently friendly :rolleyes: