PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Havasu question

EmpirE231
06-16-2007, 08:27 AM
browsing through MLS... and can't figure out... is the south or north closer to the lake? if you wanted to be close to the lake... what area would you look at? :confused:

cougar27mtr
06-16-2007, 08:38 AM
On the west side of hwy 95 or they call it the lake side of the hwy. North and south parallel the lake so to speak...
Good luck with the search

voodoomedman
06-16-2007, 08:44 AM
North and Middle have a better chance of a Lake View and are closer to the majority of launch ramps and the island.

beaverretriever
06-16-2007, 08:53 AM
Get your boat first. Screw the house investment... boat=fun. House=boring. ;) :D

EmpirE231
06-16-2007, 08:59 AM
Get your boat first. Screw the house investment... boat=fun. House=boring. ;) :D
haha looking to nail both right around the same time.... maybe the house a little first, so I can register the boat in havi and skip on the BS sales tax :D
next summer will be my fun time... out there every other weekend and makin it rain baby!! can't wait!

Havasu 928
06-16-2007, 09:26 AM
Well ,thought I would join since I've lurked on here long enough, I would say homes behind Wal Mart. There close to shopping and close to Windsor, let me know when your ready to house shop.
www.o48LakeHavasu.com

Not So Fast
06-16-2007, 10:11 AM
browsing through MLS... and can't figure out... is the south or north closer to the lake? if you wanted to be close to the lake... what area would you look at? :confused:
I would move to Parker or Bullhead, much much better there;) NSF

voodoomedman
06-16-2007, 10:57 AM
haha looking to nail both right around the same time.... maybe the house a little first, so I can register the boat in havi and skip on the BS sales tax :D
next summer will be my fun time... out there every other weekend and makin it rain baby!! can't wait!
New boat sale you will pay sales tax. Used boat sale from an arizona private party sale no sales tax. Registering has nothing to do with sales tax. Register in California and it is 10 bucks every two years but you will pay a 1% luxury tax on the value every year. Register in Arizona and it is based on the length of the boat and will be probably 250 on up depending on the length but you pay no luxury tax. Now the law is that you have to register it in the state of primary use (51%). Doesn't matter where you live. Basically you can get the boat first. Boating on Havasu you have the luxury of deciding whether it's cheaper to register in California or Arizona as it is a border lake.

Throttle
06-16-2007, 11:10 AM
lake side = the west side of hwy 95, north or south
north = the north side of mcullouch
central = around the main part of town
south = the south side of mcculloch
do you have a map of the city?
get one, or let me know if you need help getting one, I could mail one to you if needed.

beaverretriever
06-16-2007, 11:39 AM
so I can register the boat in havi and skip on the BS sales tax :D
So you are buying used?

djunkie
06-16-2007, 11:42 AM
Go out there and look around. North and center of Havasu are closer to the main launch ramps and closer to town. We bought in the South side cause it seemed like most of the houses were newer and we wanted to be away from a lot of traffic. Not to mention we usually head south to launch at Cattail Cove. :D :D

EmpirE231
06-16-2007, 11:53 AM
So you are buying used?
Well I was definitely kicking around the idea of buying new.... especially since that new 27 shadow is Sweeeeet.... but then my wheels started turning... and it would be dumb of me to pass up the best time to buy a used boat in a LONG time, which will be this winter! there are going to be some sweet deals, and I shoud jump on that... save money there, and be able to get more of a house out there, since that's the better investment.
throttle: thanks for the feedback... is there a good map available on line? I definitly should get a map!! and if you can tell me where Not SO Fast lives... so I could try and move nextdoor to him :devil: :D
voodoo... thanks for the info, will hopefully be trying to buy used, and hopefully from havasu to cut out the tax... and it will be way over 51% in havi.
thanks for the help guys.... you know... at the end of the day you do learn something on ***boat!! it's not all about swingers and dcb's.... and crapping your pants in a dcb :jawdrop:

Throttle
06-16-2007, 11:54 AM
catail sux, quiet!

djunkie
06-16-2007, 11:55 AM
catail sux, quiet!
:D :D

djunkie
06-16-2007, 11:56 AM
thanks for the help guys.... you know... at the end of the day you do learn something on ***boat!! it's not all about swingers and dcb's.... and crapping your pants in a dcb :jawdrop:
Theres no swingers on ***boat. :rolleyes: :D :D

Havasu 928
06-16-2007, 12:34 PM
Have a great map I can send you that we get from our Realtor Association let me know...
www.o48LakeHavasu.com

Warlockjer
06-16-2007, 02:02 PM
I would move to Parker or Bullhead, much much better there;) NSF
:D