PDA

View Full Version : I just don't understand these cops today

Racey
06-16-2007, 09:17 AM
So i'm leaving the bar last night, i've had a few beers, definitely over the limit to drive, it's about 2:30am, i go across the street get my bicycle out of the rack, watch one car go through the intersection, followed by another who totally blows the stop sign, wouldn't you know it, it was good ol johnny law:eek: :D .
they go past, i get on my beach cruiser and cross the street, no traffic in sight except for the one car and the cop who had already gone way passed me. I'm bs'n with some friends on the other side of the street now when the cop comes back around and starts to hassle me for not having a light on my bike. I'm totally blown away and caught off guard by this, so i tell her, in a calm polite manner, we're on the same team here, it's boulder city, it's 2 am, there is no one around, and I'm on the sidewalk, and I'm on a friggin bicycle instead of driving.
She gets a big time power-trip attitude with me, so i ask her about blowing the stop sign, "well i was following that other car and i might have California stopped it." I wonder if that excuse would work for me anytime.... yeah right. This totally gets her pissed at me, cause i'm 100% right, and she starts to threaten to take me to jail for being disorderly, no light on my bike, and riding intoxicated. At this point any conversation i try to make with her results in her telling me that i need to stop arguing, i guess that's her way of saying "you're right, I'm pissed, and i will win this battle". After that i pretty much figured out that this lady is lacking all sensibility and reason and simply give in and tell her, "I'm sorry, thank you for not taking me to jail, blah blah blah." she demands to me to give her my name, i do, end of story. Now i'm this lady's chit list over a bunch of bs.
I'm all for law and order, and police taking care of business, but thats pure crap to screw with some guy for some petty bullchit on a friday night, and threaten to take em to the slammer. what is this country coming to, no one wants to even take a stand for what is right anymore. and anyone that tries has to be willing to spend the night in the big house, with no charges filled. it boils down to harrasment in reality. :mad:

Wicked Performance Boats
06-16-2007, 09:28 AM
Was it Jen? She's a real bitch. Their always right, just ask them. Hey I was out till then! Where were you? Backstab? Budlight

Kokopelli
06-16-2007, 09:34 AM
In CA you could have been facing DUI (applies to bikes). Next time, don't give her a reason to talk to you (probable cause - breaking the law). Cops are going to stop and talk to people riding around on their bikes at 2:30 in the morning. That's their job. It sounds like she moved on after talking to you and seeing you weren't out burglarizing and crap.
Hope your next encounter is better....

H20Advantage
06-16-2007, 09:34 AM
Not defending the cop and the stop sign violation BUT do you know it is still illegal to ride a bike under the influence of alcohol?
Many contacts by LE like the one you are talking about lead to warrant arrests and other types of arrests.
So it was late at night after all the business were closed. You were DUI on a bike and had no bike light, both vehicle code violations.
Hmmmm see how this could peak a cops interest? Thats what the tax payers pay her to do...check you out. If she really wanted to hassle you the cuffs may have gone on and you would be arrested and later cited and released from the station.
Just food for thought

Kokopelli
06-16-2007, 09:36 AM
Not defending the cop and the stop sign violation BUT do you know it is still illegal to ride a bike under the influence of alcohol?
Many contacts by LE like the one you are talking about lead to warrant arrests and other types of arrests.
So it was late at night after all the business were closed. You were DUI on a bike and had no bike light, both vehicle code violations.
Hmmmm see how this could peak a cops interest? Thats what the tax payers pay her to do...check you out. If she really wanted to hassle you the cuffs may have gone on and you would be arrested and later cited and released from the station.
Just food for thought
LOL. Looks like we are thinking alike!

superdave013
06-16-2007, 09:41 AM
Racey still must be a fairly young lad.

Boatcop
06-16-2007, 09:45 AM
Just food for thought
Not in Arizona. DUI only applies to motorized vehicles. Nor is there a Drunk in Public law.

H20Advantage
06-16-2007, 09:51 AM
Not in Arizona. DUI only applies to motorized vehicles. Nor is there a Drunk in Public law.
So now I know how I'm getting home. Rolling duece on the beach cruzer...:D
Its illegal in Cali and I wonder about NV if that is where he is from...:idea:

PHOTOGLOU
06-16-2007, 09:59 AM
So now I know how I'm getting home. Rolling duece on the beach cruzer...:D
Its illegal in Cali and I wonder about NV if that is where he is from...:idea:
I have heard of this... IF THIS WAS TO EVER HAPPEN to me..... DUI on a bicycle.... Trial by JURY I can't imagine 12 people calling guilty (dui) on a bike.... Maybe drunk in public but DUI?????

EmpirE231
06-16-2007, 10:03 AM
LOL. Looks like we are thinking alike!
Sounds like you two are both cops :D :)

H20Advantage
06-16-2007, 10:16 AM
I have heard of this... IF THIS WAS TO EVER HAPPEN to me..... DUI on a bicycle.... Trial by JURY I can't imagine 12 people calling guilty (dui) on a bike.... Maybe drunk in public but DUI?????
CVC 21200.5 - Riding a bicycle while under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or both. (Misdemeanor)
So park the bike Jay............:D

Racey
06-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Yeah it was Jen, I'm with you on that one pat. yeah i was at the backstab. she seemed friendly the other times I've seen her up there, she's a different animal when you are on the other side.
As for it being illegal to ride a bike under the influence, and with no light, i agree that is true and it is the law, it doesn't make it right, the only person you can hurt on a bike is yourself, i guess you could run into a pedestrian, but that's highly unlikely, that would be full inebriation, and you could do just as much damage on your feet. anyone with any common sense wouldn't give you shit for riding your bike at night. and they shouldn't be hassling a guy on a bike when he has made the choice to ride a bike instead of get behind the wheel. as for her suspecting me of creeping around as a burglar at night, i was right in front of all the bars, the main street in town, nothing suspicious about it at all, there are people coming out of there all night long.
Boatcop, i didnt know there was no drunk in public in AZ, it sounds like they are a little more squared away down there than up here in NV. All i was thinking as she was hassling me was your quote from the memorial weekend thread "Your resistance is futile." :D such a great quote, and so true.

Racey
06-16-2007, 10:47 AM
Racey still must be a fairly young lad.
You can say that again, good thing she didnt check my id for drinking :devil:
hahaha, i'm 23 with a baby face, i look like a 6'3" 12 year old with razor stubble :D :D :D :D