PDA

View Full Version : update on sanger floor

e514jet
06-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Got all the rotten wood out and sanded it all down. I'm ready to start putting in the new one. Alot of great ideas from people on the site. Been condemplating some kind of composite. Trying to loose a few pounds when I put the new floor in. I've looked at starboard but, that is pretty heavy. I really don't want to put wood back in if I can avoid it. Would rather do the floor one time and never half to mess with it again. What kinds of other materials have people used out there? here are some pics of the prep done.
I plan on bead blasting the pump housing and painting it as well.

LuckyDaze
06-16-2007, 03:41 PM
I used 5/8's inch plywood. But I glassed it on the bottom as well as the top. Then I added some drainage and ditched the foam that was under the floor. The first subfloor lasted since 79 and it wasn't even glassed all the way across. This floor is glassed all the way across and underneath, it should out last me.
~Brian
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o38/BriGuy8679/001-5.jpg

76ANTHONY
06-16-2007, 04:18 PM
I used 5/8's inch plywood. But I glassed it on the bottom as well as the top. Then I added some drainage and ditched the foam that was under the floor. The first subfloor lasted since 79 and it wasn't even glassed all the way across. This floor is glassed all the way across and underneath, it should out last me.
~Brian
http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o38/BriGuy8679/001-5.jpg
awwwhahaha i cant wait ta see ya out there, that engines gonna crack everyone up, how long is the cord?:D :D
those floors look good, should be good for a longggg while. good job to ya:D

b's sanger
06-17-2007, 07:41 AM
Got all the rotten wood out and sanded it all down. I'm ready to start putting in the new one. Alot of great ideas from people on the site. Been condemplating some kind of composite. Trying to loose a few pounds when I put the new floor in. I've looked at starboard but, that is pretty heavy. I really don't want to put wood back in if I can avoid it. Would rather do the floor one time and never half to mess with it again. What kinds of other materials have people used out there? here are some pics of the prep done.
I plan on bead blasting the pump housing and painting it as well.
I have heard of people using carbon fiber stringers. Don't know where to get them though.