PDA

View Full Version : Well.. The Boat Sank.

909punk
06-16-2007, 06:37 PM
I just got in about an hour ago from Lake Pleasent from the boating day from hell..
Long story short.. Buddies Boat, Cracked hull, panic, dodging river lice, and one boat on the "shore" with a lot of water in it.
Lake Pleasent Fire / Rescue we're great guys.
I'll post pics and details later, right now I need a Bahama Mamma.

76ANTHONY
06-16-2007, 06:44 PM
I just got in about an hour ago from Lake Pleasent from the boating day from hell..
Long story short.. Buddies Boat, Cracked hull, panic, dodging river lice, and one boat on the "shore" with a lot of water in it.
ohhh ouch, hope everyones ok and yeah id need a drink too:jawdrop:

Xlration Marine
06-16-2007, 07:16 PM
That stinks, but next time stay away from those kachina things.

CarBizIndio
06-16-2007, 07:34 PM
Man that sucks, I sunk my first boat out at lake elsinore, took 4 hours geting it out of the water with 2 people. Did you get it out? Make sure you take the plugs out and get the water out of the cyls before you start it up in the future.

3 daytona`s
06-16-2007, 07:46 PM
That stinks, but next time stay away from those kachina things.
So where did Kachina get mentioned?:idea: Is Xlration Marine really Legit? LOL

909punk
06-16-2007, 07:54 PM
Man that sucks, I sunk my first boat out at lake elsinore, took 4 hours geting it out of the water with 2 people. Did you get it out? Make sure you take the plugs out and get the water out of the cyls before you start it up in the future.
No not exactly, I bailed and took my son home. It was an old school boat powered by a weed wacker. lol
Let's just say we didn't have time to get to the launch ramp.
I'm Bahama Mamma #3, and I dont feel a thing :D

HighRoller
06-16-2007, 08:10 PM
We're not giving you any money...:D

HavaSkank
06-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Send me some money bastard. I've never sunk a boat, but Im worth $1.56 plus postage

AZJD
06-16-2007, 08:16 PM
Damn that sux J. Is everyone ok?

Classic Daycruiser
06-16-2007, 08:28 PM
Hope it all turns out ok. Its too early in the summer season to be breaking down.
Take the boat to: Dry Doc Marine near the 101 freeway and Thunderbird Rd. in Peoria. They might be able to help you with your water logged boat. At least start the engine and change the oil.

909punk
06-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Damn that sux J. Is everyone ok?
Yeah bro.. Everyone is good..
I'm uploading pics now.

909punk
06-16-2007, 09:14 PM
Ok.. Bahama Mamma #4 and I REALLY cant feel a thing.. :D
So with that in mind.. I love BO:D:DIES and my thread needs pasties.
This was the boating day from hell.. My bro calls me middle of the week and tell me that the boat is ready to go..
Its an old school Ebbtide 17 footer.. Not a hot boat.. but hell, to get on the water.. i'm down.
The other people that were coming with us.. some rented river lice, decided to be two hours late.. I told my buddy "dude, lets go.. we dont wait for anyone"
So we bail on them and on our way up on Carefree Hwy (jesus.. i cant type.. i'm doing more editing then typing lol)
Anyways on Carefree.. One of dude's seats flys out of the boat and I had to dodge it. lol.. I pulled over and picked it up.. (it was a sign!)
So we finally get to 10 boat ramp @ pleasent and btw.. never seen that ramp.. I'm impressed. We launch the boat and I park the truck, get back down and my buddy tells me "we're taking on little bit of water.. I dont know why"... LOL whatever, lets just see how it goes
The pump is on and head out to some cove with some good shading.. All is good.. He tightened up his bilge plug by a half turn.. all is good.. we're floating, jumping off some rocks.. all good.
We head out to find the sea dooers and the BOOM.. WTF was that? The RPM's hit the toilet and we turned around and the ****ing wacker was half way in the water. HOLY SHIT.. The ****er was breaking off the hull.. LOL
Then we noticed the foot of water in the back, pulled up the center storage compartment and that was full.. "Dude, we ****ing sinking" Oh ****!!! LOL (I laugh now) so he says, "we got to head back to the ramp", I said "**** that, head to the "beach" over there 300 yards away.. So he is gunning it because we are taking on water, later to find out we had a big ass crack in the back. He guns it, I'm throwing everyone a life jacket and wondering what the hell I am going to do with my 7 yr. old if this sucker goes down (just if your wondering.. of course he had his jacket on)
So we are gunning it and the water coming in.. We headed for the "no wake zone" only to find out.. it was hazard zone.. oh shit.. lol
we put that pos on the jagged ass shore and some kind of plant that had some nasty thorn thing on it.. The WORST spot ever to put anything.. and just got out, pulled our stuff out and called the Marina Fire / Rescue.
Here are pics from that point on..
BTW Iceing on the cake... I came home to chill in the pool with the Bahama Mamma.. I found a dead rabbit in the deep end.. ARRRGHH...
Also.. I kept part of the seat that flew out and I am going to put it on a plaque with today's date. LOL

909punk
06-16-2007, 09:24 PM
We had some water.. lol
http://blackrevenue.com/sunk/PIC_0130.JPG
Cant really tell.. But more water from the center.
http://blackrevenue.com/sunk/PIC_0131.JPG
My son in the sun, making the best of our situation, man he was good boy :)
http://blackrevenue.com/sunk/PIC_0132.JPG
My bro "My boat just sank but my girlfriend is hot" moment
http://blackrevenue.com/sunk/PIC_0133.JPG
Can you say "working overtime x10"
http://blackrevenue.com/sunk/PIC_0134.JPG
Can you imagine another 10 minutes on the water.. This was like 1 minute
http://blackrevenue.com/sunk/PIC_0137.JPG
To the rescue!
http://blackrevenue.com/sunk/PIC_0140.JPG
They brought in the pump.. LOL You could of put out a fire with that much water.
http://blackrevenue.com/sunk/PIC_0141.JPG

Psycho Squid
06-16-2007, 10:29 PM
sorry to hear about your day. :( but seems like you guys made the best of it.
Seems like kids always have fun. To them it's just a pool with another toy in it. The ride home is in the parking lot Dad. :D Thanks for sharing the picks.
BTW what did you guys hit?

909punk
06-16-2007, 10:50 PM
sorry to hear about your day. :( but seems like you guys made the best of it.
Seems like kids always have fun. To them it's just a pool with another toy in it. The ride home is in the parking lot Dad. :D Thanks for sharing the picks.
BTW what did you guys hit?
We didn't hit anything.. The wacker basiclly broke off the hull. Years of wear and tear.

Xlration Marine
06-17-2007, 06:35 AM
So where did Kachina get mentioned?:idea: Is Xlration Marine really Legit? LOL
Legit, are you kidding this is the Internet.:) :) :)

Sunburnt
06-17-2007, 08:25 AM
We didn't hit anything.. The wacker basiclly broke off the hull. Years of wear and tear.
A soggy transom will do that... Bummer..

Old Texan
06-17-2007, 08:35 AM
Not to be mean or to question your friend's judgement, but one of the keys to boat ownership is to know when the craft needs to be placed in the big weedy junkboat yard for it's eternal reward. This boat looks like it made 1 to many voyages....:D
Glad everyone made it out safe and had a good laugh. That's the important part......;)

MR.rvrluvr
06-17-2007, 07:12 PM
wow I had one of those days b4 but not quite as exciting as yours...

909punk
06-18-2007, 09:32 AM
I forget.. one of the funniest things was (and my buddy almost decked me) was I started to sing the theme song to Gilligans Island.
:D
From what I understand they are going to haul it back to the ramp today.. Should be interesting.. Anyone want to buy a Johnson 88?

squirt'nmyload
06-18-2007, 10:10 AM
i think i saw you guys trying to put it on the trailer at the south ramp at the marina. we were driving by. if that wasn't you then someone else had a sinking boat out there too :D :D

Quest4Fun
06-18-2007, 11:22 AM
Wow 909, you have had a bad day :( Glad to hear everyone was o.k. though.
You better lay low the rest of the day, bad omen's everywhere, seat cushion flying and dead rabbit in pool :eek: Be careful!