PDA

View Full Version : Applebee's Serves Toddler Margarita In Sippy Cup

RitcheyRch
06-16-2007, 08:16 PM
One good way of hiding a margarita. :D
http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_166124437.html
An executive with the Applebee's restaurant chain says its restaurants won't be keeping juices and margarita mixes in similar looking containers any more after a toddler was accidentally served a margarita at one of its locations in Antioch.
Police say two-year-old Julian Mayorga was served an alcoholic beverage in a covered, plastic sippy cup on Monday night at the Applebee's franchise in Antioch.
The boy's mother -- Kim Mayorga -- said she noticed Julian making funny faces and pushing away his cup.
She had ordered apple juice for the child, but when she opened the lid she was hit by the smell of tequila and Triple Sec.
The toddler grew drowsy, started vomiting a few hours later and was rushed to the hospital.
An Applebee's vice president says the restaurant keeps apple juice and the premixed margarita concoction in identical-looking plastic bottles on ice behind the bar.
A manager on duty mistakenly grabbed the margarita bottle instead of the apple juice jug.

4trax
06-16-2007, 08:29 PM
One good way of hiding a margarita. :D
http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_166124437.html
An executive with the Applebee's restaurant chain says its restaurants won't be keeping juices and margarita mixes in similar looking containers any more after a toddler was accidentally served a margarita at one of its locations in Antioch.
Police say two-year-old Julian Mayorga was served an alcoholic beverage in a covered, plastic sippy cup on Monday night at the Applebee's franchise in Antioch.
The boy's mother -- Kim Mayorga -- said she noticed Julian making funny faces and pushing away his cup.
She had ordered apple juice for the child, but when she opened the lid she was hit by the smell of tequila and Triple Sec.
The toddler grew drowsy, started vomiting a few hours later and was rushed to the hospital.
An Applebee's vice president says the restaurant keeps apple juice and the premixed margarita concoction in identical-looking plastic bottles on ice behind the bar.
A manager on duty mistakenly grabbed the margarita bottle instead of the apple juice jug.
Here comes another law suit:mad:

RitcheyRch
06-16-2007, 08:34 PM
The Mother claims she not going to sue so Applebee's gave her a bunch of free meals
Here comes another law suit:mad:

YeLLowBoaT
06-16-2007, 08:38 PM
I saw that on the news a couple days back. did not seem like they were going to sue, applebees whas bending over backwards...

4trax
06-16-2007, 08:41 PM
The Mother claims she not going to sue so Applebee's gave her a bunch of free meals
That's cool:)

HighRoller
06-16-2007, 08:42 PM
She'll sue in 15 years when the kid becomes a teenage Alky...:D

HavaSkank
06-16-2007, 08:44 PM
Are you kidding me? Th e mom was thankful. That brat slept all night

HighRoller
06-16-2007, 08:47 PM
Are you kidding me? Th e mom was thankful. That brat slept all night
And now you'll show up to Applebee's with your sippy cup, won't you lushy girl?

Old school Ultra
06-17-2007, 08:29 AM
I'll have what the kids having!

Glamasu
06-17-2007, 08:32 AM
If they would use top shelf booze maybe the kid wouldn't have puked...Less of a hang over to.

wsuwrhr
06-17-2007, 08:56 AM
She'll sue in 15 years when the kid becomes a teenage Alky...:D
That was what I was thinking.

Baja Big Dog
06-17-2007, 09:08 AM
The kid got tired from sucking it through the fricken sippy straw...:D