PDA

View Full Version : Fathers day question

kingsransomracing
06-16-2007, 09:28 PM
so my wife and I are expecting our first baby in ~1.5 weeks (Estimated due date is June 27th). We were discussing fathers day.
Should I be celebrating father's day tomorrow even though the baby isn't "officially" here :)

Mohave Vice
06-16-2007, 09:42 PM
Wait for next year!

MBlaster
06-16-2007, 09:48 PM
Anyone can be a sperm donor.
You gotta earn your father stripes.

4trax
06-16-2007, 09:50 PM
Wait for next year. Even thou you are the Father ( I hope:D ) I can see both sides:idea: I did not celebrate Fathers Day until the child was born. To each there own. It's between you and Mom. Just in case, Happy Fathers Day;)

kingsransomracing
06-16-2007, 09:51 PM
Thats what I said. :)
I told her she is a mother because she has lugged that baby around for the last 8.5 months, but I am not really a father yet :)

HocusPocus
06-16-2007, 10:01 PM
it all depends on what she is planning on getting you? :D

Water Romper
06-16-2007, 10:24 PM
First of all CONGRATULATIONS!!:D
As far as celebrating fathers day, dude..your a “daddy” !
OK….so the lil’ one hasn’t left the “baby condo” yet, so what! You are still a father…you better get your kudos NOW because after your child is born, your screwed, it will be all about HER!
Grab IT WHEN YOU CAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sqeyes:

JetBoatRich
06-17-2007, 07:05 AM
so my wife and I are expecting our first baby in ~1.5 weeks (Estimated due date is June 27th). We were discussing fathers day.
Should I be celebrating father's day tomorrow even though the baby isn't "officially" here :)
what did you get her for Mother's Day:D

Baja Big Dog
06-17-2007, 09:05 AM
Give it another year, Im sure Hallmark will come up another special ..Im gonna be a father in a week and a half day!!:D
Play it out for all you can....;)

kingsransomracing
06-17-2007, 09:35 AM
what did you get her for Mother's Day:D
I got her an aluminum floor jack for my race car :D
no...for real I got her a foot spa :)

Insurance God
06-17-2007, 11:14 AM
I missed it by a week last year also & it was no big deal. You are lucky because your kid will almost be 1 year old next Father's Day & it is a really cool age. This morning my wife & I took the dinghy to breakfast and my son wanted to drive the entire time. I will be adding a pick of him to my avatar ASAP. Father's Day is much better with a kid to share it with (my opinion). Right now he is napping & when he wakes back up, we are going back on the water.
Enjoy it next year & get ready for a big year ahead!

2Driver
06-17-2007, 11:16 AM
doing Dad stuff? Preparing for the day, learning about taking care of the baby and your wife, being a family etc... If so, then my friend you are a Dad, you just haven't seen him in person yet. Happy Fathers Day.

little rowe boat
06-17-2007, 11:36 AM
Celegbrate your fathers day by honoring your wife again.