PDA

View Full Version : Investors back in!

callbob4homes
02-14-2006, 07:07 AM
New construction back to taking investors again, great incentives. Anthem at Merril Ranch getting ready to go. Went to a REALTOR luncheon yesterday for that, going to be fast and furious in a couple of weeks. Looks good too, 18 hole Troon managed course, 55+ community as well as family community with all the amenities as well as shopping and a water park. Not spam, don't work there (yet) but just a FYI for some that were interested, and won't be that far away from the lakes in this area for boaters and their toys. Anyone thinks RE tanked over in this area hasn't seen what is going on.

ChumpChange
02-14-2006, 07:13 AM
I played Troon North a few months ago. Very nice course. Unbelievable house on the 17th fairway. They said it's about 14.5 mil. Not too bad for a house in the AZ.

callbob4homes
02-14-2006, 07:18 AM
From what they showed us yesterday it will be top shelf. I thought years ago when they built Sun City (east or west) that it was a pipe dream, too far out yada yada. and Anthem north of Phoenix. Not true................................... :rolleyes:

totenhosen
02-14-2006, 07:58 AM
It's nice out there for sure. I jsut wouldn't want to have to make that commute to Phx.

Tequila-John
02-14-2006, 08:04 AM
Hi Bob!!!

Jordy
02-14-2006, 08:08 AM
The biggest problem with Anthem is I-17. That freeway sucks ass. At least they finally put lights on the off ramps at Carefree Highway. Those have only been needed for the last 12 years. ;)
Remember when there used to be a rest area on the side of I-17 before you got to Anthem??? That used to be out in the middle of nowhere.

PHX ATC
02-14-2006, 08:22 AM
All those fockers that buy in the Florence Anthem are going to drive by my house. :mad:
I think I will set up a beer stand for their 2 hour trip home from work and make a few extra bucks! :)

Jordy
02-14-2006, 08:24 AM
I think I will set up a beer stand for their 2 hour trip home from work and make a few extra bucks! :)
I have a few generators out in your neck of the woods and HATE going out there. Every road is torn up, traffic sucks, and you're not kidding about the couple hour thing. I couldn't deal with it on a regular basis.
p.s. What kind of beer? Might be worth the drive. :D :D :D

2Driver
02-14-2006, 08:25 AM
The biggest problem with Anthem is I-17. That freeway sucks ass. At least they finally put lights on the off ramps at Carefree Highway. Those have only been needed for the last 12 years. ;)
Remember when there used to be a rest area on the side of I-17 before you got to Anthem??? That used to be out in the middle of nowhere.
Dag burnt it and candy bars were a nickel :rollside:
Be nice to see the infrasturcture "in" before the first house is built like they are doing with the old 100 acre Rawide facilty in North Scottsdale. All roads and infrastructure will be done before they let the 1st houes go in.

SCUBA STEVE
02-14-2006, 08:26 AM
All those fockers that buy in the Florence Anthem are going to drive by my house. :mad:
lmao!!
Of course investors are welcome now! They can not sell to anyone else. :p

Tequila-John
02-14-2006, 08:28 AM
I am super excited about the build. Won't like the traffic down Queen Creek/Power Road

dirty old man
02-14-2006, 08:33 AM
Isn't the builder the same guy who bought the Futurama Bus at the Barratt Jackson and owns Overton up here at Mead?

callbob4homes
02-14-2006, 08:50 AM
Hey John! Did you get the email I sent you with those homes?
As far as the traffic goes, yeah it's a bitch right now and I live in Queen Creek also, but once the roads get finished, ..............................well the woulda coulda shouda will come out. and Steve, while it is true the feeding frenzy is over, who do you think fueled that? The investors. and as far as can't sell to anyone else? I am willing to bet Anthem won't have any problems getting takers, especially after the figures I saw yesterday. New subdivisions still going in everywhere, the best part is now you can make deals, not just buy what is available. I would say back to business as usual, not catch as catch can. Can you buy a golf course home for under 300K anywhere else? I can put up with the traffic for awhile. Now my wife on the other hand having to drive into Gilbert............................ :argue:

Tequila-John
02-14-2006, 08:55 AM
Hey John! Did you get the email I sent you with those homes?
As far as the traffic goes, yeah it's a bitch right now and I live in Queen Creek also, but once the roads get finished, ..............................well the woulda coulda shouda will come out. and Steve, while it is true the feeding frenzy is over, who do you think fueled that? The investors. and as far as can't sell to anyone else? I am willing to bet Anthem won't have any problems getting takers, especially after the figures I saw yesterday. New subdivisions still going in everywhere, the best part is now you can make deals, not just buy what is available. I would say back to business as usual, not catch as catch can. Can you buy a golf course home for under 300K anywhere else? I can put up with the traffic for awhile. Now my wife on the other hand having to drive into Gilbert............................ :argue:
Yes Bob i got your e-mail and Voicemail So for the no reply. I am fuc-in slamed over here. New guys, training and funding loans. John is busy! Let do lunch or an ICE COLD Coors Light?

callbob4homes
02-14-2006, 09:10 AM
done deal, when and where?

Tequila-John
02-14-2006, 09:19 AM
done deal, when and where?
You tell me. I am going to Parker this weekend till monday night. So anytime this week or next?

Jordy
02-14-2006, 09:21 AM
when and where?
Exactly. Oh, and who's buying??? :D :D :D

callbob4homes
02-14-2006, 09:41 AM
John is buying................he is the baller here, only be right for him to pick, but I am kinda partial to Hooters (the restaurant too) :rollside:

Cole1313
02-14-2006, 09:46 AM
I have been watching that area for some time. Granted there are nice homes on a course. But to get in and out of downtown would be a nightmare. I think they are doing it right, by advertising to the 55 and older crowd.
Investors Welcome!! LMAO! Sure thing man, where do I write the check! hahaha

Tequila-John
02-14-2006, 09:47 AM
John is buying................he is the baller here, only be right for him to pick, but I am kinda partial to Hooters (the restaurant too) :rollside:
Big baller. Money falling from the sky....... Hooters NICE CALL!

FREIND OF AA AND TA
02-14-2006, 09:48 AM
I love when the market changes and the freekin builders kiss the agents asses again!! Next will be the free Cabo trips too!!! Come on!!!!

Jordy
02-14-2006, 10:12 AM
Big baller. Money falling from the sky....... Hooters NICE CALL!
So we figured out the where and who's buying. Next question is when??? :D :D :D

PHX ATC
02-14-2006, 11:09 AM
Jordy - Green Light, Corona Light, Coors Light are the selections of the week.
Scuba - You got that right, they are begging for investors to come back and support their habit!
I do think Florence Anthem will be nice. It will be a killer for those who work in Phoenix and are forced to drive. Anyone eat at San Tan Flats yet? We live 1 mile north of that and it takes us 30 minutes to get there (driving south) at 5:30 pm due to traffic. So, we eat at the bluebird special hour of 5 o'clock so we can get there in a reasonable time, get a seat and clog one up for 1 1/2 hours.
callbob4home - The roads will be nonexistent for at least a decade, I don't care who you talk to or what they've told you. Sure, they're working on some roads, widening others, and planning other variations on great roadwork themes. The bottom line is, unless you're willing to suffer through the horrible traffic for 10 years, you're stuck. I'm talking about stuff out on Hunt Hwy, Copper Basin, Morningstar Farms (whatever it is), Johnson Ranch, Anthem #2, etc, those guys are going to flat suffer if they have normal working hours.
I don't mind the drive, I chose my spot carefully, knowing full well what was in store. I don't have any traffic as I work wacko hours, days, & shifts. Besides, this living out here on my property outdoes anything they could offer for my needs (child raising, privacy, quiet, clean air, mom being happy having her horses living with us, etc).
Then again, everywhere in the 'burbs of Phoenix it is this way, so what the heck!

Cole1313
02-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Jordy - Green Light, Corona Light, Coors Light are the selections of the week.
Scuba - You got that right, they are begging for investors to come back and support their habit!
I do think Florence Anthem will be nice. It will be a killer for those who work in Phoenix and are forced to drive. Anyone eat at San Tan Flats yet? We live 1 mile north of that and it takes us 30 minutes to get there (driving south) at 5:30 pm due to traffic. So, we eat at the bluebird special hour of 5 o'clock so we can get there in a reasonable time, get a seat and clog one up for 1 1/2 hours.
callbob4home - The roads will be nonexistent for at least a decade, I don't care who you talk to or what they've told you. Sure, they're working on some roads, widening others, and planning other variations on great roadwork themes. The bottom line is, unless you're willing to suffer through the horrible traffic for 10 years, you're stuck. I'm talking about stuff out on Hunt Hwy, Copper Basin, Morningstar Farms (whatever it is), Johnson Ranch, Anthem #2, etc, those guys are going to flat suffer if they have normal working hours.
I don't mind the drive, I chose my spot carefully, knowing full well what was in store. I don't have any traffic as I work wacko hours, days, & shifts. Besides, this living out here on my property outdoes anything they could offer for my needs (child raising, privacy, quiet, clean air, mom being happy having her horses living with us, etc).
Then again, everywhere in the 'burbs of Phoenix it is this way, so what the heck!
An article just came out in the local paper, talking about the new 202 and the road work between Hunt Hwy, McQueen, the new 202. It was saying that with commodity prices going so high, the local cities can not afford to continue wideing the roads. The new 202 was expected to be finished this year but has been put off till June of 2007. It also went into the drive from Queen Creek to downtown, and how people were leaving at three in the morning to get to work on time.
Our Nanny comes from Higley and Riggs, to our house by Chandler Mall and it takes her just over an hour. Mind you it is 15 miles away.

PHX ATC
02-28-2006, 06:29 PM
My point exactly...years down the road.
Just had to bring this thread back to life with the vigorous discussion on real estate a few thread away.
:crossx:

bajabri
02-28-2006, 07:21 PM
I am one of the superintendents on the Sales Center/Rec Center and various other infrastructure builds out there...Pulte is really putting some high end ideas into this place. Multiple models are built and the sales center opens in a couple of weeks...Funny though there is still a dispute over ownership of the first 100 feet of the main entrance, as of now we still cant use it.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
02-28-2006, 09:27 PM
They must be getting hungry for buyers finally. We looked into getting an investment home recently in a new tract and were told "sorry, only people that are going to live in them." So the bottom line (I felt) was, they wouldn't let investors who can afford them purchase them, but they will allow folks to move in with little or no down, 1st and 2nd loans right off the bat, interest only, variable rate loans, and other "creative" financing to purchase them. :mad: Literally, they turned us down right after they offered "creative" financing to a couple who couldn't afford it. Amazing. The lenders are going to fall flat on their a$$es with this baloney. It's only a matter of time.
MMSW<---doom and gloom tonight :D

al cole'holic
02-28-2006, 09:32 PM
They must be getting hungry for buyers finally. We looked into getting an investment home recently in a new tract and were told "sorry, only people that are going to live in them." So the bottom line (I felt) was, they wouldn't let investors who can afford them purchase them, but they will allow folks to move in with little or no down, 1st and 2nd loans right off the bat, interest only, variable rate loans, and other "creative" financing to purchase them. :mad: Literally, they turned us down right after they offered "creative" financing to a couple who couldn't afford it. Amazing. The lenders are going to fall flat on their a$$es with this baloney. It's only a matter of time.
MMSW<---doom and gloom tonight :D
New developments usually do not want an entire community of friggin rentors therefore they will "not allow" non owner occupancy sometimes at least 1 year...no problems with you living in one and renting your current home out however.

Parker Dreamin
02-28-2006, 11:07 PM
hi john...

PHX ATC
03-01-2006, 06:30 AM
I am one of the superintendents on the Sales Center/Rec Center and various other infrastructure builds out there...Pulte is really putting some high end ideas into this place. Multiple models are built and the sales center opens in a couple of weeks...Funny though there is still a dispute over ownership of the first 100 feet of the main entrance, as of now we still cant use it.
That first 100 feet issue is rather comical. I'm sure they will have some very nice stuff out there. We will probably go out there and have a look see, just for a field trip one day to check it out. I have no interest in buying for investment or to live there though. In fact, I'm perfectly happy sitting in my house until I retire and after that.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-01-2006, 06:47 AM
New developments usually do not want an entire community of friggin rentors therefore they will "not allow" non owner occupancy sometimes at least 1 year...no problems with you living in one and renting your current home out however.
The only problem is that I would have to live in a cracker box track house that looks just like all my neighbors, who are 10 feet away from me. :D Not for me. I'm spoiled livin' on property.

Sportin' Wood
03-01-2006, 06:56 AM
The only problem is that I would have to live in a cracker box track house that looks just like all my neighbors, who are 10 feet away from me. :D Not for me. I'm spoiled livin' on property.
Snob!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
03-01-2006, 03:58 PM
Not a snob, just raised in the country and can't adjust to city life. So nyah! :D

LLGirl
03-01-2006, 04:55 PM
what's the skinny on the city of maricopa? Not maricopa county, but the city of maricopa, in pinal county. Great houses there with pretty low pricing. Anyone have info on what that area is doing?

callbob4homes
03-01-2006, 06:56 PM
ahhh yes..........................simply surprising to me, but couple of golf courses there now, shopping center etc. Used to be in the trucking biz in 70's and 80's. Hauled chemical fertilizer into there for Cal Ammonia Transport. Nothing there then but fertilizer plant a circle K and a little cafe along with worker homes and trailers. Could not believe the growth there now. Pull up my website www.callbob4homes.com and fill in the blanks for Maricopa. Little far from Phoenix, but 4 lane road to freeway. lots of acre parcels for custom homes as well. Actually kind of nice out there, but I still can't get over the growth there. need anything else? phone numbers on my website :cool: