PDA

View Full Version : ?

jkh04200
06-18-2007, 06:05 PM
To whale tale or not?(Not one of the bulky plastic things, the thin aluminum one). That is the question.
I'm leaning hard towards trying one. I have a 1984 Chris Craft Scorpion 186 with a 305/alpha O/D. i have restored the boat and its not riding with I want it too. The bottom of the boat is not completely flat. Which I think cause it to porpoise a bit. Not bad but I end up leaving it tucked under all the time. I've heard from friends who have had them on there boats and love'em. But, then again i have others tel me not to do it. It will hurt MPH. I'm not to concerned about MPH. It runs good enough for the size boat it is. I have my kids with me alot and don't need to be unsafe. Right now I can run 52. At that your hands are full. This things feels very light at that speed. And I am usually at the lake and its not often I find water to open it up anyway. I'm hoping with a fin I can go up a size in prop and keep the give the boat a little more stability. As well as maybe a lower cruising speed.