PDA

View Full Version : What works best for H2O removal?

Aqua Man
06-19-2007, 09:27 AM
So after 4 days in Havasu H2O what can I use to get all those touch water spots off?
Other then vinegar and water.

phebus
06-19-2007, 09:28 AM
Boat Bling Hot Sauce. :D
Works great, super easy wipe on wipe off.
Just do it. :)

Jyruiz
06-19-2007, 09:28 AM
Hot Sauce.

Not So Fast
06-19-2007, 09:29 AM
Do a search for "Hot Sauce" NSF

Jordy
06-19-2007, 09:30 AM
Anyone ever try that Taco Sauce, wait, I mean Hot Sauce??? :idea: :D

MAF
06-19-2007, 09:31 AM
Boat Bling (Hot Sauce) best I have used. http://www.boatbling.net/productssauce.htm

phebus
06-19-2007, 09:32 AM
What are you, new around here? :D
What's your next question, "Why does RD sux?" :)

RitcheyRch
06-19-2007, 09:33 AM
Shower Power which is cheap and available at most grocery and discount stores

AZJD
06-19-2007, 09:42 AM
Shower Power which is cheap and available at most grocery and discount stores
You meant Hot Sauce right?:D

RitcheyRch
06-19-2007, 09:46 AM
Nope, have used Shower Power for years. Am sure Hot Sauce works good as well but might not be as readily available.
You meant Hot Sauce right?:D

tamalewagon
06-19-2007, 10:00 AM
Boat Bling (Hot Sauce) best I have used. http://www.boatbling.net/productssauce.htm
Am I missing something on that website? I'm looking for any contact info or online ordering and there doesn't seem to be anything...help? :confused:

4day!!
06-19-2007, 10:19 AM
try boatbling.net

GOTLDH
06-19-2007, 10:20 AM
Am I missing something on that website? I'm looking for any contact info or online ordering and there doesn't seem to be anything...help? :confused:
http://www.boatbling.net/bbFrameset-1.htm

GOTLDH

GOTLDH

Jbb
06-19-2007, 10:25 AM
36 grit sandpaper...

Baja Big Dog
06-19-2007, 10:42 AM
I can always tell when Boatblings sales are down, one of these "mystry" posts apear....
And the answer is "HOT SAUCE"....:mad:
And I sank the fricken boat!!
And then drove my Rhino home...to Havi...

Havasu_Dreamin
06-19-2007, 11:56 AM
I can always tell when Boatblings sales are down, one of these "mystry" posts apear....
And the answer is "HOT SAUCE"....:mad:
And I sank the fricken boat!!
And then drove my Rhino home...to Havi...
After concluding a very successful Spring Boat Show in Pomona sales for Boat Bling are at an all-time high. Also, Boat bling does not make 'mystery' posts as was implied.

HM
06-19-2007, 12:21 PM
I have not used the Hot Sauce yet, but I think1 or two people may have said this stuff works a while back ago? :D
My own concoction is a 10% solution of vinegar in distilled water. You can buy this solution at grocery stores and is how I stumbled upon it as my wife bought it. We didn't have any other vinegar, so I used it straight and was blown away at how effective it is. Literally sprayed and wiped off, and occasionally had to spray a second time. I came back with a spray detail and the boat looked brand new. I think the secret was the distilled water that helped put the minerals into solution as there are no minerals in distilled water. The down side is that most of the wax will be taken off using vinegar. But, I don't wax my boat with the traditional stuff - I use the polymer type spray detail.

Jyruiz
06-19-2007, 12:25 PM
I have not used the Hot Sauce yet, but I think1 or two people may have said this stuff works a while back ago? :D
My own concoction is a 10% solution of vinegar in distilled water. You can buy this solution at grocery stores and is how I stumbled upon it as my wife bought it. We didn't have any other vinegar, so I used it straight and was blown away at how effective it is. Literally sprayed and wiped off, and occasionally had to spray a second time. I came back with a spray detail and the boat looked brand new. I think the secret was the distilled water that helped put the minerals into solution as there are no minerals in distilled water. The down side is that most of the wax will be taken off using vinegar. But, I don't wax my boat with the traditional stuff - I use the polymer type spray detail.
Thats whats so great about Hot Sauce, it will remove the water spots and leave a coat of wax on the boat.

Ms.Havasu
06-19-2007, 12:27 PM
Lime away for a quick water removal. But it will take off the wax so you will need to wax the boat afterwards.

CMac
06-19-2007, 12:45 PM
HOT SAUCE and one micro fiber towel per side and it will look like it never touched the water.
It puts Ducky to shame.

HalletDave
06-19-2007, 01:16 PM
Yes, as Holy Moly and others have stated, vinegar & water will remove wax from your boat and it leaves a dirty sock smell on everything.
Vinegar & water is often used by women as a douche.
I have started using Summers' Eve to remove water spots on the Hallett.
It does not remove the wax from the gel and the boat sure does smell fresh.:)
:D

SOCALDETAIL1
06-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Anything that removes water spots is also removing the wax. Hands down. Whatever methods you guys use, just make sure to recondition the gel by applying a good pure carnauba wax. Mark

roln 20s
06-19-2007, 09:39 PM
Anything that removes water spots is also removing the wax. Hands down. Whatever methods you guys use, just make sure to recondition the gel by applying a good pure carnauba wax. Mark
I agree that you need to use a good wax to recondition the gel atleast twice a year :D However, I'm not 100% sure that you can say 'all' waterspot removers remove wax. I know our Hot Sauce is NOT a replacement for a good coat of hand wax.
See you on the water.
Patrick

Throttle
06-19-2007, 09:40 PM
try boatbling.net
how bout u get back to work!

riverbound
06-19-2007, 09:47 PM
If the water spots are bad, you will most likely have to go to a vinegar water solution... I had quite a few areas of water spots on my boat that hot sauce has not been able to get off. I used the vinegar/water solution and itcame right off. follwoed it up with a good wax and all was good :)

jbone
06-20-2007, 12:23 AM
Yes, as Holy Moly and others have stated, vinegar & water will remove wax from your boat and it leaves a dirty sock smell on everything.
Vinegar & water is often used by women as a douche.
I have started using Summers' Eve to remove water spots on the Hallett.
It does not remove the wax from the gel and the boat sure does smell fresh.:)
:D
You douche your boat???
What a douche bag.:D :D
J