PDA

View Full Version : It was hard to see her go, but it's over...

River918
06-19-2007, 09:46 AM
After working very hard over the past 1+ year..........
We finally sold the Shockwave last night. The new owner, Tom (A.K.A. DesertRiverRat) and his two kids (16 and 18) will be taking their maiden voyage Saturday in Havasu. If you guys see them out there, make sure to welcome them with open arms. Tom's been out of boating for 20+ years, so please don't hesitate to lend a helping hand if you see him.
There were alot of great memories in that boat (if you guys only knew ;) ;) ), but it was time to move on. Now the fun part, time to start shopping for her replacement. We have a semi-short list and we'll be heading out within the next month to talk to various builders. We are looking at a winter time build....
P.S. Since we're boatless, we'll be looking for rides for the summer. And yes, we will be paying for gas, food etc... If anyone needs someone to help out with the loading and unloading at the ramp and a hottie to lay around on your boat, hit us up. Mrs. '918 is an expert at driving the boat and Mr. '918 just got a new speedie...:D :D :D
http://www.malibustrings.com/competition/2006/pictures/danandjen16.jpg

Jyruiz
06-19-2007, 09:51 AM
Congrats, they got a great boat. You have a lot of pictures though that will help you remember all the good times you had on that boat. Plus, the new one will bring new memories before you know it.

Hotcobra270
06-19-2007, 09:51 AM
must be bitter sweet.. But, just think about the new one you'll be getting soon... good luck

dunaholic
06-19-2007, 10:00 AM
I always have open seats on my boat.

riverracerx
Congrats!
Can we see more of the "fun times" photos you are referring to? :D

Havasu_Dreamin
Congrats on the sale. I know someone you should go talk to about the next boat. :D

River918
06-19-2007, 10:01 AM
Congrats on the sale. I know someone you should go talk to about the next boat. :D
A stop in Valencia is one of the first we are going to make....

shockwavebd
06-19-2007, 10:06 AM
A stop in Valencia is one of the first we are going to make....
Then you’re second in corona
Congrats I knew it would go................:D

ULTRA21XS
06-19-2007, 10:22 AM
Well with a beautiful wife like that hell I would make room for the Mr. & Mrs. and since your comming up to Valencia we are already here waiting...Too bad only local lake is a puddle castaic.... Hope to see you at the river sometime...Congrats on the sale...If you comming up to see Howard boats make sure you bring your checkbook cause they make one hell of a boat...
http://www.n-style.com

duner21
06-19-2007, 10:40 AM
Congrats on the sale! My boat is always available to you and the wife and i dont even know you lol! :D

Mardonzi
06-19-2007, 10:47 AM
Well, if you ever make it to Powell, you got a ride with us.. As far as Havasu goes, we only have one trip planned there this year (July 16-20th) and have room then...

MR HARLEY
06-19-2007, 10:54 AM
Congratulations! You and Rikki and the baby are always welcome aboard on our boat, let us know when your free to go to Havi. :)

DesertRiverRat
06-19-2007, 11:13 AM
P.S. Since we're boatless, we'll be looking for rides for the summer. And yes, we will be paying for gas, food etc... If anyone needs someone to help out with the loading and unloading at the ramp and a hottie to lay around on your boat, hit us up. Mrs. '918 is an expert at driving the boat and Mr. '918 just got a new speedie...:D :D :D
If I remember the story right, the Mrs. handles the boat during launches - which I really need, and you clean the hull when it comes out...PERFECT! We'll call you when we're getting ready to come back in so you can have the trailer in the water and be ready for cleaning! Lose the new speedie (the image of you cleaning in a speedie is too much) and you're covered for the summer on (well the Mrs is, but at least your around it) your old boat.
Isn't it great to see your baby went to such a nice guy???

DesertRiverRat
06-19-2007, 11:14 AM
If I remember the story right, the Mrs. handles the boat during launches - which I really need, and you clean the hull when it comes out...PERFECT! We'll call you when we're getting ready to come back in so you can have the trailer in the water and be ready for cleaning! Lose the new speedie (the image of you cleaning in a speedie is too much) and you're covered for the summer on (well the Mrs is, but at least your around it) your old boat.
Isn't it great to see your baby went to such a nice guy???

Froggystyle
06-19-2007, 12:49 PM
I know of another town you can visit! ;)
Congrats on the sale! I can't wait to see what you guys end up with. I am sure it will hit all of the buttons for you.

Chipster27
06-19-2007, 01:35 PM
Congrats on the sale. I really liked your boat but was looking for a cat.
DesertRiverRat congrats on buying a beautiful boat!

H20 Toie
06-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Congrats on the sale
i'm going out on the 29th to the 1st of july your welcome to come along if your around.

DILLIGAF
06-19-2007, 02:08 PM
Congrats and it must be a relief to finally move it.

River918
06-19-2007, 05:16 PM
Congrats and it must be a relief to finally move it.
Kinda bitter sweet to be honest with yah. This boat had everything on it I could ever want, and I know that I will probably have to cut a few things out on the new one to get in under budget. The Mrs. and I are excited to start looking at new ones, at least 'til we see what they're gonna cost....

That Guy
06-19-2007, 05:49 PM
You know you have an open invite with us any time...congrats and good luck with the new search....:)

Phat Matt
06-19-2007, 05:56 PM
You know I always have room for Rikki. :devil: :D

Riverkid
06-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Everyone can do on photos? :D

Phat Matt
06-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Everyone can do on photos? :D
I can do WAY better. LOL. :D

cxr133
06-19-2007, 07:23 PM
i just have to say what a great picture this is....
that is all i have to add carry on:D

Riverkid
06-19-2007, 07:26 PM
I can do WAY better. LOL. :D
AND? :D

Phat Matt
06-19-2007, 07:27 PM
AND? :D
And I would be banned. :eek: :D

Riverkid
06-19-2007, 08:53 PM