PDA

View Full Version : Shasta Vs Fresno and Kern county?????

zudnic
06-19-2007, 11:03 AM
I spent the last weekend in Redding, boated the Sac River, Red Bluff area and near Corning. Then hit Lake Shasta, all area's where awesome and not just for boating. California in general has good laid back and nice people.
Most counties in the US have economic development companies that sell their area's to get business to move in. I visited with the Shasta people and like the area. Only drawback, we make fresh juice products, no concentrate. Shasta county has no fruit tree production, closest would be Chico. Before signing up to move talkin with a few other counties. Fresno and Kern County are huge agriculture area's and their development people have even better incentives to relocate.
So whats the boating like in those places compared from Shasta to Corning? :D

fatboy95
06-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Go away, Shasta is getting too crowded as it is.:confused:

Cas
06-19-2007, 12:17 PM
zud,
There's a few people on the LBB board that live down in the Fresno area that can give you first hand info. There's also a link in the Favorite Place to Go Forum called Useful Links on the LBB boards. In there you will find links to Maps of CA Lakes with all kinds of info on most of the lakes in CA. I believe there's a link called More Maps of CA Lakes that has detailed descriptions of the lakes. The lakes in the Fresno/Kern Co area will be in the Central CA section.
The lakes I've heard of down that way are Shaver, Pine Flat, and Millerton. I've been on Shaver before but it was only for a early evening cruise in a pontoon boat.....beautiful little lake!
Have you checked into Yuba County? or maybe Sonoma, Sacramento, Glenn, Butte, Sutter, Colusa, Sutter, San Joaquin....lots of counties with lots of AG.

lucky
06-19-2007, 12:21 PM
dude you have to hit whiskey town lake west of redding on 299 IT IS A must lake !!
also you can come hit up clearlake , berreyysa
and come see me on what is left of mendo :D
[
QUOTE=zudnic;2628087]I spent the last weekend in Redding, boated the Sac River, Red Bluff area and near Corning. Then hit Lake Shasta, all area's where awesome and not just for boating. California in general has good laid back and nice people.
Most counties in the US have economic development companies that sell their area's to get business to move in. I visited with the Shasta people and like the area. Only drawback, we make fresh juice products, no concentrate. Shasta county has no fruit tree production, closest would be Chico. Before signing up to move talkin with a few other counties. Fresno and Kern County are huge agriculture area's and their development people have even better incentives to relocate.
So whats the boating like in those places compared from Shasta to Corning? :D[/QUOTE]

kmcousins
06-19-2007, 06:03 PM
I live in fresno and I go to pine flat. It's a nice lake for loud boats as long if you are not doing anything stupid. The only probelm is when the lake is full there is not a lot of parking. Sevral marinas. Shaver, hunington are fishing and crusing lake and kind of cold. Millerton is a nice lake but to choppy for me and they have built so many houses around it the people complane about the noise. cops are asses But it's real close to fresno. Hope that helps if your ever around let me know i'm always up to going to the lake. Later Kest

zudnic
06-19-2007, 07:14 PM
Thanks....
I've stayed over in Fresno only spent time in Whole foods and hotel room, so never got a feel for the area. Days Inn on Blackstone at night gave an interesting perspective though! :D
Was trying to get over to Whisky, local persons rec, did'nt have time. Want to hit Shasta again this weekend. Leave thurs night, get in friday afternoon.
Even around Red Bluff boating does'nt get better than this. Does it?