PDA

View Full Version : Shasta Vs Fresno and Kern county?????

zudnic
06-19-2007, 11:03 AM
I spent the last weekend in Redding, boated the Sac River, Red Bluff area and near Corning. Then hit Lake Shasta, all area's where awesome and not just for boating. California in general has good laid back and nice people.
Most counties in the US have economic development companies that sell their area's to get business to move in. I visited with the Shasta people and like the area. Only drawback, we make fresh juice products, no concentrate. Shasta county has no fruit tree production, closest would be Chico. Before signing up to move talkin with a few other counties. Fresno and Kern County are huge agriculture area's and their development people have even better incentives to relocate.
So whats the boating like in those places compared from Shasta to Corning? :D

BLOWN88FRESNO MINI
06-19-2007, 10:08 PM
Try Bass Lake, Even better with a spread on the water!:)
Millerton Lake is nice also,much bigger than Bass Lake, Millerton has very little shade.
Lee

Mrs.Racer277
06-20-2007, 08:52 AM
I like the lakes around Fresno better then the lakes around Bakersfield :)

zudnic
06-20-2007, 10:12 AM
I would assume anything near Bakersfield would attract more LA gta people so with that large crowds. Driven through on 99 never stopped though.
My motivation is locating someplace that I can have a better lifestyle after work and weekends. Dont really have that here.. Business wise LA is 98% of our customer base. I would be evil if I did'nt do full research on locations.....

Mrs.Racer277
06-20-2007, 10:21 AM
I would assume anything near Bakersfield would attract more LA gta people so with that large crowds. Driven through on 99 never stopped though.
My motivation is locating someplace that I can have a better lifestyle after work and weekends. Dont really have that here.. Business wise LA is 98% of our customer base. I would be evil if I did'nt do full research on locations.....
4 lakes in or around Bakersfield
Buena Vista
Ming
Success
Lake Isabella
You can always drive up the grape vine to Pyramid or Castaic
I have become a snob and prefere Havasu or the river :D

HalletDave
06-20-2007, 10:36 AM
:idea: I would vote for Chico. Lake Shasta reosonable drive, Lake Oroville real close, Black Butte resorvoir near Hamilton City, Knights Landing or Veronas on the Sac River, the Delta, Camp Far West.... Just to name a few.
:)

fatboy95
06-20-2007, 10:41 AM
:idea: I would vote for Chico. Lake Shasta reosonable drive, Lake Oroville real close, Black Butte resorvoir near Hamilton City, Knights Landing or Veronas on the Sac River, the Delta, Camp Far West.... Just to name a few.
:)
All the lakes are getting too crowded up North, mexicans are taking their families of 10 to the picnic areas and rivers, leaving crap all over the place. They even swim in the irrigation canals, reminds them of home.

PARKER242
06-20-2007, 12:56 PM
Damn I Love Shasta.....

XtrmWakeborder
06-20-2007, 07:49 PM
Damn I Love Shasta.....
Ditto, blows away havasu, the river, everything down here

Cas
06-21-2007, 07:01 AM
Damn I Love Shasta.....
me too! We're leaving in about 2 hrs for Shasta, gonna stay a week :)

zudnic
06-21-2007, 09:26 AM
me too! We're leaving in about 2 hrs for Shasta, gonna stay a week :)
Shasta I believe is possibly the best boating area on the planet. Planned to go back this weekend.
We are selling all our property in WA and had our orchards leased. The leasor did zero work and ran out of money, so he fled the area. Problem even if your not harvesting you have to maintain the tree's. Bugs and other spreadable disease could develop. If either attacks neighbors and its traced back to me I could be sued and fined big time by the state dept of agriculture. So I'm playing field worker this weekend; spraying nasty pesticides and doing irrigation. Cherry picking has started in this area so worker shortage.
Back on topic. While not really cheap in Red Bluff house's on the Sac River are more reasonable over most other area's in Northern Cali. Some have not only docks, private boat launches as well. Perfect lifestyle boat at home juring the week and have easy in out with short travel over to Shasta or Whiskey. :D

zudnic
06-24-2007, 10:58 AM
The company I'm with is public so putting the move to a vote via a special meeting 28th. of June. I'm pushing for Shasta, favorite area on the planet for living in my opinion.

carteaco
06-29-2007, 04:32 PM
Fresno gets my vote. Shaver Lake ,Reddinger Lake ( No WaterCops),Millerton , Pine Flat, Bass Lake, Kings River, And of course there's the Mendota Slough (Smells bad but its flat and warm)

wedge44
07-02-2007, 01:51 PM
yep ....my votes for Bass on a weekday....early morning Flat calm ....beautifull:D :D :D