PDA

View Full Version : Max AC/fresh air door 1993 Blazer

Sleek-Jet
06-19-2007, 12:32 PM
arrghhh...
So what is involved to replace the actuater on the max air door on a 1993 full size Blazer??
Last night I started getting this loud "click-click-click" noise comming from the airbox under the passanger side dash. After a bit of trouble shooting I figured out that it's the max air/fresh air door. It happens when I shut the truck off, which I'm assuming means that the door is closing the fresh air side so that the cab is sealed off. It also happens again when I start the truck. If I don't select "Max" AC then I get no more noises.
I don't have to take the dash apart, do I??? please no, please no

24sleekenforcer
06-19-2007, 06:42 PM
No you don't have to take the dash out , but the top mounting screw is a pain to get out , just take your time, should not take more then an hour to change out.

Sleek-Jet
06-21-2007, 08:34 AM
No you don't have to take the dash out , but the top mounting screw is a pain to get out , just take your time, should not take more then an hour to change out.
So I have to take the panel below the heater core off and go in that way??
Working without a net here (no manuals)... thanks in advance for the help...

24sleekenforcer
06-22-2007, 10:13 AM
No panels need to be removed , if you look up from the floor to the left of the blower motor you will see the actuator, one wire connector and two screws holding it in place.The upper screw is a pain, just remove screws and slide it off the door and only goes on one way .if you need anything else let me know . P/S I have seen people just disconect the actuator and leave it unpluged just won't have rec air. Ed

Sleek-Jet
06-22-2007, 04:30 PM
No panels need to be removed , if you look up from the floor to the left of the blower motor you will see the actuator, one wire connector and two screws holding it in place.The upper screw is a pain, just remove screws and slide it off the door and only goes on one way .if you need anything else let me know . P/S I have seen people just disconect the actuator and leave it unpluged just won't have rec air. Ed
I'll have to get up early and go do that... it's like 8000* in the truck right now... :D
Thanks for the help, if I have anyother Q's I'll be sure to ask.