PDA

View Full Version : Wild On The Water

Not So Fast
06-19-2007, 01:42 PM
Watched the episode last nite and I dont know where the sandbar is in Florida but that is one crazy ass place, Havasu's pales in comparison.
Please explain to me when the attitude changed so much about complying with the law and ARGUING with LEO. When I was young (yeah, yeah a long time ago) I just dont remember being so confrontational, if the Popo showed up you complied with their wishes but now it is a lot different. The crowds were yelling at the police and just flaunt what they are doing, yelling and screaming, showing their tits, ass, drinks whatever,argue and will not shut up until they are arrested. It just doesnt make any sense to me. I guess the old adage "Booze & Sun dont mix, you get stupid" or so it seems to me. Ive gained a new respect for JohnnyLaw after seeing these last two shows about "Wild on the Water"!!! and crowd control. NSF

Boozer
06-19-2007, 01:47 PM
When you were young and went to events where the police would show up there were probably a lot less people. The groups were most likely 1/3rd of the size if not smaller and even then there was always an a$$hole or two. You multiply the number of people in the group by 3 you are also going to multiply the trouble factor by 3 if not greater.
There have always been dumba$$es now there are just a lot more of them.

Havasu_Dreamin
06-19-2007, 01:47 PM
Please explain to me when the attitude changed so much about complying with the law and ARGUING with LEO. When I was young (yeah, yeah a long time ago) I just dont remember being so confrontational, if the Popo showed up you complied with their wishes but now it is a lot different.
General decline of society in general I suspect. Couple that with an entire generation of kids that were never told no and this is what we get, POS losers with no respect.....

Xlration Marine
06-19-2007, 01:53 PM
General decline of society in general I suspect. Couple that with an entire generation of kids that were never told no and this is what we get, POS losers with no respect.....
:idea: I think this truth is going to hurt some of the members feelings in here. But who cares:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

2Driver
06-19-2007, 01:56 PM
When you were young and went to events where the police would show up there were probably a lot less people. The groups were most likely 1/3rd of the size if not smaller and even then there was always an a$$hole or two. You multiply the number of people in the group by 3 you are also going to multiply the trouble factor by 3 if not greater.
There have always been dumba$$es now there are just a lot more of them.
Nope, the belligerent level is the huge multiplier issue not the crowd size. Besides back then the sheriff had to ride in from town. :D

91nordic29
06-19-2007, 02:31 PM
It seems like back then (70's), the police didnt always HAVE to be there. Only showed if someone called and there was a problem.

havaduner
06-19-2007, 02:40 PM
Kinda sad, but I think I have to agree with this statement.

TexasChopper
06-19-2007, 03:10 PM
I have see this show mentioned here a few times...what channel is it on? (I don't have satellite)

Not So Fast
06-19-2007, 06:35 PM
I have see this show mentioned here a few times...what channel is it on? (I don't have satellite)
Depends, but it is called "Court TV", channels vary!! NSF

DMOORE
06-19-2007, 06:38 PM
Soooo true. AND sad.
Darrell.

H20Advantage
06-19-2007, 06:39 PM
Watched the episode last nite and I dont know where the sandbar is in Florida but that is one crazy ass place, Havasu's pales in comparison.
Please explain to me when the attitude changed so much about complying with the law and ARGUING with LEO. When I was young (yeah, yeah a long time ago) I just dont remember being so confrontational, if the Popo showed up you complied with their wishes but now it is a lot different. The crowds were yelling at the police and just flaunt what they are doing, yelling and screaming, showing their tits, ass, drinks whatever,argue and will not shut up until they are arrested. It just doesnt make any sense to me. I guess the old adage "Booze & Sun dont mix, you get stupid" or so it seems to me. Ive gained a new respect for JohnnyLaw after seeing these last two shows about "Wild on the Water"!!! and crowd control. NSF
Because back in the day the popo would kick your ass, brush you off and send you on your way. Today the lawyers all get involved.
Guys that ran from the police had two choices. 1 - faster than the cop and got away. 2- not faster and expected to get lumped up.
So many civil rights attorneys out there that the healthy respect and fear of the police is gone. Much the same with parents that don't give a good spanking to the kids.
Just my 2 cents:D

LuckyStrike
06-19-2007, 06:43 PM
You Have to Know S. FLA / Keys People Very Much Like You All in the West :D Take The Law Into Your Own Hands:idea:

westair
06-19-2007, 07:07 PM
Watched it to last night, seems to me these cops give them many
chances to just shut the f**k up before they have to arrest them.
I don't know if its just because the camera is on them, but the leo's
seemed pretty fair.
Oh yea, the girls in Havasu Sandbar .... mucho better!:D :D

Coach
06-19-2007, 07:50 PM
What I thought was funny is that on the West Coast in Havasu it was a bunch of white drunks looking like idiots and on the east coast it was a bunch of Spanish speaking?? guys and gals that sounded like a Rosie Perez sound alike contest.
Right there in the FL Key is why the Sandbar on the Colorado river is shut down every major holiday. Too many boat and no way to really patrol it. I would like to see the amount of trash left behind there at the end of the day.:(

Not So Fast
06-20-2007, 06:26 AM
What I thought was funny is that on the West Coast in Havasu it was a bunch of white drunks looking like idiots and on the east coast it was a bunch of Spanish speaking?? guys and gals that sounded like a Rosie Perez sound alike contest.
Right there in the FL Key is why the Sandbar on the Colorado river is shut down every major holiday. Too many boat and no way to really patrol it. I would like to see the amount of trash left behind there at the end of the day.:(
It is a logistic nightmare for law enforcement thats why they shut the place down on big weekends, or thats what I heard anyway ;) All I know is to go into a crowd of drunks as big as they showed would take some big Huevos and before the macho saying of use your gun is said "get real" cant do that to someone who obviously is unarmed. Now pepper spray such as they used, perfect :D :D NSF

meaniam
06-20-2007, 09:25 AM
channel and time? direct tv

Dave C
06-20-2007, 09:58 AM
I loved how the LEO hosed them all down with pepper spray. I'm still LMAO. He even got the poor guy trying to break it up.
good times!:D

Not So Fast
06-20-2007, 10:08 AM
channel and time? direct tv
Seems as though Monday nite is where we see it on Direct TV, at 6pm and then again at 9pm. Some of it is pretty funny and some just shows what has become of the world as we know it, just sad:( NSF