PDA

View Full Version : Fire Water Lives

Fire Water
06-19-2007, 01:47 PM
Haven't made a post in quite some time. Wanted to say thanks for the technical help. Still ironing out a few bugs but am having a blast with my ride. The locals don't know what to think most just kinda stare with an open mouth.
A little refresher for those who forgot. 1995 whitewater welded aluminum hull 15.5' jetcraft (eagle) delta pad (sprint model). Motor is a 408 stroker small block making 523 ft lbs and 485 hp. Pump is a legend with a stainless "b" with a place diverter. Everything has been moved aft to lighten up the bow.
First time out with just me in the boat was almost catastrophic. Running around 55mph with the nozzle about 2/3 up I stabbed the throttle. She porpoised twice and the third time unloaded the pump, the she planted the bow hard and hooked violently to the right. River was pretty narrow and was only able to keep her off the bank with the new steering I had installed (7/8 of a turn lock to lock). That was enough fun for one day, whew!!
Two weeks later still just me, but 150 lbs of sand strapped in to the nav seat. She behaved much better. Worked some speed up and pinned the throttle for 5 seconds and got 71 mph on the gps going up river (I figure I might be able to touch eighty with a little more setup).
Last weekend was the third trip didn't do any high speed runs and never turned on the gps, but had a blast playing around jumping a few logs and showing off for the crowd on the sandbar. Got a little thirsty so traded some rides for a cool drink. (soda only). Then a few of the ladies wanted to go for a spin, so I talked em into flashing the goods for a ride (dirty old man, yeah yeah , I know).
Looks like my little wayward boat has found a pretty good home here in South Carolina.
Got my camera setup on the rollbar. Tried to upload to youtube but I'm still having a little difficulty.
Thanks to everyone for all the help and advice over the winter.