PDA

View Full Version : Help I need a stock 502 mag mpi rebuilt

scarabrick2
06-19-2007, 03:28 PM
I need it rebuilt and don't want to spend 10K
Rebuild the 502 to .030 over. new pistons of course. recondition the rods, balance, valve job with new sst valves, new cam w/lifter and new rockers.
Maybe new rods pending $
Any input?
will take boat to Havasu, cali, or here in Vegas

burtandnancy2
06-19-2007, 03:50 PM
All Seasons Marine - BC

scarabrick2
06-19-2007, 03:57 PM
they are good but they can't get us in for 4 weeks plus. Would love to use them. Can you make a call for us?

SummitKarl
06-19-2007, 04:31 PM
I need it rebuilt and don't want to spend 10K
Rebuild the 502 to .030 over. new pistons of course. recondition the rods, balance, valve job with new sst valves, new cam w/lifter and new rockers.
Maybe new rods pending $
Any input?
will take boat to Havasu, cali, or here in Vegas
hold please making call:D :D

SummitKarl
06-19-2007, 04:43 PM
ok..
?....why does it need rebuilt....hours? smoking? broken?
realistic time frame is 6-8 weeks, two motors ahead of you....
but you get one of the best builders in the biz.

scarabrick2
06-19-2007, 04:55 PM
blown head gasket on the odd side.
650 hrs on motor
550 on motor with whipple 2300 series 7 #'s boost
instead of head gaskets, should rebuild since the heads and intake have to come off.
6-8 weeks is a lot of time. two months in the middle of the sumer is crazy i think. Guess i was hoping for a month down. I know the machine work will take a week. want it: line honed/bored,decked block and heads, valve job and all has to be done on a CNC machine.
I only want CNC machine work done. I know the machine work is the heart and soul of the engine.
Thanks for the help summit carl.
Hopefully we can get it dropped off this week
Rick

burtandnancy2
06-19-2007, 04:59 PM
brick2, sorry, I used up all my favors. Beside, my kids boat may need something too. You may be wise to get on the list. They are very good and worth the wait. What the hell were you doing all winter? 650 hours !!!

sdpm
06-19-2007, 05:04 PM
650 hrs on motor
instead of head gaskets, should rebuild since the heads and intake have to come off.
6-8 weeks is a lot of time. two months in the middle of the sumer is crazy i think. Guess i was hoping for a month down. I know the machine work will take a week. want it: line honed/bored,decked block and heads, valve job and all has to be done on a CNC machine.
I only want CNC machine work done. I know the machine work is the heart and soul of the engine.
Rick
CNC boreing and honeing machine? CNC Serdi machine and line hone? I don't think I have ever seen these? Interesting.

SummitKarl
06-19-2007, 05:05 PM
650 hrs on motor
Rick
the builder is lurking and will send you a PM.....he is VERY!!!!!! good and worth the wait.....everyone in the boat repair industry is SWAMPED right now:rolleyes:

sdpm
06-19-2007, 05:08 PM
Hey Karl, who is this builder?

SummitKarl
06-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Hey Karl, who is this builder?
not really a thing the builder wants publicized on Hot boat...he is way to smart for that:D ,, I will say this much...he has won 3 out of the last 4 IHBA top alcohol events;)

scarabrick2
06-19-2007, 05:49 PM
CNC boreing and honeing machine? CNC Serdi machine and line hone? I don't think I have ever seen these? Interesting.
Don't know what the machines are called but want it done correct and everything trued. A lot of people have older not up to date (expensive ) machines
Just don't want to be down for a simple low HP rebuild for two months
Thanks again
Rick

sdpm
06-19-2007, 06:17 PM
not really a thing the builder wants publicized on Hot boat...he is way to smart for that:D ,, I will say this much...he has won 3 out of the last 4 IHBA top alcohol events;)
Flat or Hydro?:D

SummitKarl
06-19-2007, 07:03 PM
Flat or Hydro?:D
hint....249mph;)

sdpm
06-19-2007, 07:21 PM
John S. 249 Where?? I don't remember that run.

sdpm
06-19-2007, 07:28 PM
These might help you out as far as an engine.
http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.com/new_502_mpi_longblocks_gen_vi-o14112-en.html

Beer-30
06-19-2007, 07:34 PM
Here's a great thread. Added another 100hp for around $5K.
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98928&highlight=502+rebuild

clownpuncher
06-19-2007, 07:45 PM
If you're still looking for a builder I can check with mine. They build incredible stuff. About three hours from Havasu. My motor shouldbe done in the next couple of weeks. Pretty much everything but new block and heads. Since they build and race their own stuff, 1400-2200 HP, my little motor is childs work for them.
Let me know if you want me to ask them about getting you in and out as quickly as possible.
ROC

scarabrick2
06-20-2007, 05:03 AM
Clownpuncher
Any and all help would be great. pm the info and I'll have my bro call them.
Thanks to all
Rick

Jbb
06-20-2007, 05:10 AM
Moritz Machine...Tulsa Ok.
Tell em JBB sent you!

clownpuncher
06-21-2007, 04:40 PM
Clownpuncher
Any and all help would be great. pm the info and I'll have my bro call them.
Thanks to all
Rick
Check your PM's. My builder is willing, but, obviously needs to talk to you first. I told him you were kind of in a hurry. He laughed at first then said he should be able to help you out.:D
Good luck

rrrr
06-21-2007, 08:06 PM
Get a longblock from Derebery......yeah, yeah, I know. But now that the *****john story has been peeled back a little, I'd say that most of the BS thrown Leon's way was HB pack mentality.
Anyway, he has five in stock at $5,800.00 each.
http://www.dereberyperformancemarine.com/Merch.html

x7734x
06-22-2007, 07:24 AM
Talk to Brett at Lawless engines.
6845 Speedwy Blvd. Ste. K-108
Las Vegas
(702) 644-5543

kevnmcd
06-22-2007, 10:10 AM
Scarabrick2 - If you can't find anyone to do it for 6-8 wks, I would wait for TM (Gary) to do it. He helped me with mine and like I said on LVHB, he is worth the wait! He also knows supercharged motors really well, too.

scarabrick2
06-22-2007, 11:41 AM
Dropped off the boat at my buddy's house for engine removal.. Engine builder will get it this afternoon. Will be done in 3-4 weeks.
My bro went with a 540 blower pkg. using the whipple he had, will make around 815-850 hp. going to de tune it (for longer hr life) a bit so we can cruise at 60 topping out around 90 ish. The builder has used this pkg on the same boat (270 hallett) and had speeds in the mid 90's. Plus the Hallett is quite and looks like a sleeper.
Thanks to all involved and everyone who sent pm and info.
Rick/Jeff Borba

NOTALENT
06-22-2007, 11:49 AM
I have a ZZ502 automotive engine in stock. I can most likely have my builder swap out the cam (to your choice) and throw on some marine head gaskets. 450HP 520TQ as it sits right now with the cast heads. Comes complete with automotive accesories...can always sell them...
If your intrested in a stock motor that is, lmk if your intrested.
***looks like you got it taken care of***

kevnmcd
06-22-2007, 12:15 PM
Good luck! Hope the builder lives up to the schedule.

76ANTHONY
06-22-2007, 12:23 PM
I have a ZZ502 automotive engine in stock. I can most likely have my builder swap out the cam (to your choice) and throw on some marine head gaskets. 450HP 520TQ as it sits right now with the cast heads. Comes complete with automotive accesories...can always sell them...
If your intrested in a stock motor that is, lmk if your intrested.
***looks like you got it taken care of***
i thought you wrent selling engines anymore, being a huge celeb and shiat:D

scarabrick2
06-22-2007, 12:28 PM
He will
He has the rest of this month and all of next . plus a week.
All day on the dyno then on the water testing fuel curves/prop's
Thanks

NOTALENT
06-22-2007, 12:30 PM
i thought you wrent selling engines anymore, being a huge celeb and shiat:D
hehe...you know its nice being known by all the women for my style and all, but the new high performance program were doing has taken off sooooo fast, especially after our TV Debut on trucks. Its just gettin better.

76ANTHONY
06-22-2007, 12:34 PM
hehe...you know its nice being known by all the women for my style and all, but the new high performance program were doing has taken off sooooo fast, especially after our TV Debut on trucks. Its just gettin better.
one word for ya, toyota 3.0:D

Dave C
06-22-2007, 12:46 PM
what product lines are you selling? (for the day job) Do we get a HB discount? :) :devil:
Inquiring minds would like to know.
thanks

76ANTHONY
06-22-2007, 12:47 PM
what product lines are you selling? (for the day job) Do we get a HB discount? :) :devil:
thanks
thats what im sayin. thought he was outta the bus so i bought elsewhere, come on notalent whats up?????:D

NOTALENT
06-22-2007, 01:02 PM
thanks
Stock Replacements for imports & domestics. Automatic transmissions and Stage 1-3 High performance engines. We can custom build to your spec, but we have been putting together a catalog of our proven recepies.
I have hooked a few people up on here...;) Just hooked up vegas36cat with an engine for his Rock Crawler. On stock replacements I can work alot better, but on HP I can work something.:)

NOTALENT
06-22-2007, 01:04 PM
thats what im sayin. thought he was outta the bus so i bought elsewhere, come on notalent whats up?????:D
Im still here, will be my 5th year in Sept:eek: Still trying other thing and always looking for something better though.:)

NOTALENT
06-22-2007, 01:05 PM
one word for ya, toyota 3.0:D
ummm...technically, I dont think thats one word sir.....:D

76ANTHONY
06-22-2007, 01:08 PM
ummm...technically, I dont think thats one word sir.....:D
one word and two numbers:D
you got 3.0 heads for a toyota 4runner 1990???:D

NOTALENT
06-22-2007, 01:13 PM
one word and two numbers:D
you got 3.0 heads for a toyota 4runner 1990???:D
I have a few cores. I can have them built, it would take two days. I can then over night them to you:) I will PM you with a price on monday.
Oh, and you forgot a "." haha

76ANTHONY
06-22-2007, 01:16 PM
I have a few cores. I can have them built, it would take two days. I can then over night them to you:) I will PM you with a price on monday.
Oh, and you forgot a "." haha
thats punctuation not a word, sheesh next thing you know you'll be wearing a black t-shirt with white lettering:D
cool i need the left head thats it....thanks bro