PDA

View Full Version : Need info on an RST Baker Custom boat

hazard
06-19-2007, 04:27 PM
I just bought a RST Baker Custom tunnel hull (21ft) of a fella in AZ. I am trying to locate the hull plate as we need them up here on Erie when the police stop us for safety checks (which happens everyday to everyone).
The boat has a 225hp outboard and I'm hoping that the hull is rated for that much. Any assistance would be great. Also, if the plate is gone, how do I get another?
Thanks!

Boatcop
06-19-2007, 04:54 PM
I just bought a RST Baker Custom tunnel hull (21ft) of a fella in AZ. I am trying to locate the hull plate as we need them up here on Erie when the police stop us for safety checks (which happens everyday to everyone).
The boat has a 225hp outboard and I'm hoping that the hull is rated for that much. Any assistance would be great. Also, if the plate is gone, how do I get another?
Thanks!
Federal Law requires Capacity Plates on Outboard Powered Boats less than 20 feet in length. 20' and over are exempt.

hazard
06-19-2007, 05:48 PM
Federal Law requires Capacity Plates on Outboard Powered Boats less than 20 feet in length. 20' and over are exempt.
Sweeeet! Great news. I was thinking I needed to go through the hassle of getting another plate.
Thanks for the help :)

vishus
06-19-2007, 07:15 PM
Hazard,
is it red? was it the one shown in ***boat reader's ride? If so, I knew the original owner (Don Swartz), he used to have it dry docked at Bartlett. The boat was ordered New by Don and he had it serviced at J&S Marine in Mesa, AZ. Jimmy at J&S runs a Baker tunnel bassboat and was the one who maintained and did a bit of work on your 225HO. Jimmy can give you a lot of info on that hull and motor. Don retired and moved to Rocky Point...
we used to run at Bartlett, the hull ran well. It could fly full tilt through the rough stuff. He ran mid 80s and accelerated well.
you can reach Jimmy @
J & S Marine
(480) 834-0779
41 E Broadway Rd
Mesa, AZ 85210