PDA

View Full Version : First Person Video Motorcycle Crash

Wet Dream
02-14-2006, 10:44 AM
Captured from a helmet cam (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aIasXHYDAk) the rider was wearing. This is taken from SoCalSportbikes forums.
Reading the comments on that site, I'm glad she had the helmet-cam on. In the forum, she said...
Quote:
LEO and Insurance are well aware I have it all on vid. The officer who took the report already watched it too...he chuckled and said - "yeah, good thing you have that because the guy is saying you hit him. He said he was stopped and all you had to do was stop - but you didn't, you hit him."

Froggystyle
02-14-2006, 10:52 AM
Nice rack on the good samaritan...

RiverToysJas
02-14-2006, 10:53 AM
It's taking a long time to load.......Is it that same as This one? (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105777)
RTJas :D

RiverToysJas
02-14-2006, 10:53 AM
LOL! Yep, that's the same one. ;)

Sleek-Jet
02-14-2006, 10:55 AM
He said he was stopped and all you had to do was stop
Well yeah... he was stopped.... sideways.... in the lane.... :rollside:
But it is half the riders fault, if she never would have left the house that morning, none of this would have happened. :crossx: :D

Her454
02-14-2006, 11:12 AM
HOLY CRAP! That was scary! Are helmet cams a new thing for bikes for insurance reasons?

Cole Trickle
02-14-2006, 11:14 AM
Why in the hell would you slam on the brakes and crank the wheel while skidding? she is lucky the speeds weren't that high and that she was wearing the right gear.

PlyaPlya22
02-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Ya, that was a real Jackass move there!!

Kilrtoy
02-14-2006, 11:18 AM
She F***ED UP, She should have dove left away from the impending impact

Cole
02-14-2006, 11:27 AM
LOL......someones laying there probably really hurt and your thinking nice rack!!! LOL !!! Thats funny!!!

maxwedge
02-15-2006, 02:24 AM
She F***ED UP, She should have dove left away from the impending impact
I've been riding for a long time, I own an R1 too, and and I gotta say no chance in hell do I think that going left is good idea here. Given the situation that she put herself in (and I'm not saying I think it was safe riding up til that point), even if she had somehow missed the side of the black car going left, and I can't imagine how even a proffesional road racer possibly could have pulled that off that flick in the givin time, and assuming no cars in that lane behind her, which probably isn't the case, that move would have put her right towards the concrete wall and the loose gravel that's always next to it. Going left she would have either broadsided the Honda, slid under it, or hit a concrete wall. Phuc That! I would have headed for the same spot she did. Is there some CHP training or traffic school theory I'm missing here? :argue:
That is pretty much what I wanna see after the crash though -some nice samaritans. :D

Infomaniac
02-15-2006, 07:22 AM
LOL......someones laying there probably really hurt and your thinking nice rack!!! LOL !!! Thats funny!!!
While your are dazed and confused lying on the ground, you can accidently honk one of those hooters. :crossx: