PDA

View Full Version : Lake Mohave "Hot Spots?"

DCBDaytona
06-19-2007, 07:49 PM
We're heading over to Lake MoChoppy next week for a couple days..Where are the Hot Boat Hot Spots? I know there are some close to Katherine's...Where are they exactly? We'll be venturing everywhere, hitting Cottonwood, the Hot Springs, Willow, etc. But it's been a VERY long time!
Thanks for the tips.

RitcheyRch
06-19-2007, 07:52 PM
The Hot Spots are anywhere you want them to be. :D

DILLIGAF
06-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Gasoline Ally of course for a little. About 12 miles up on the AZ side is a cove (Cactus Cove I think) that has a nice jumping rock and is more family oriented than GA can be. Make sure to head up North of Cottonwood and of course be careful with the wind kicking up and making it rough through the basin. When heading out of Katherines you can head South towards the dam and find some sand there if you like.
Other than that just find your own cove and have fun :)

DCBDaytona
06-19-2007, 08:08 PM
The Hot Spots are anywhere you want them to be. :D
Hey Mr. Unemployed...take it easy.:D
Dilligaf...where is Gasoline Alley exactly?

DILLIGAF
06-19-2007, 08:15 PM
It is about 3 miles up on the AZ side. It is marked outside as to indicate no wake and one hazard. If you see the paved ramp you have went about .25 mile too far. You should see some boats coming/going out of there if you are going out Fri-Sun.
Be careful at Katherines as there are some pretty aggressive rangers there these days. Don't speed down the hill to the ramp and try to come in quietly on the boat.
That pic in my avatar is on Mohave a couple of weeks ago :)

rlemn8r
06-19-2007, 08:21 PM
just there 2 weeks ago. above cottonwood cove is great. minimal boats and people. water is cool and calm, no wind when we were there. can get crappy in the basin though if the wind kick's up. have a good trip.

RitcheyRch
06-20-2007, 07:05 AM
Looking like might not be unemployed for long. :mad:
Kind of enjoying sleeping in late. :D

my21advantage
06-20-2007, 07:19 AM
We're heading over to Lake MoChoppy next week for a couple days..Where are the Hot Boat Hot Spots? I know there are some close to Katherine's...Where are they exactly? We'll be venturing everywhere, hitting Cottonwood, the Hot Springs, Willow, etc. But it's been a VERY long time!
Thanks for the tips.
Don't sink your boat :D :boxingguy maybe you should bring a bayliner:idea:
have fun hanging out with the lake lice @ telephone cove

Kilrtoy
06-20-2007, 07:20 AM
Lake Mohave is a hot spot for the
Sea Ray, Bayliner and Sea Doo's show line
Nothing to see there...
You see more inthe channel on a sunday late afternoon then Gasoline alley on a mid day saturday

DCBDaytona
06-20-2007, 07:23 AM
Nothing to see there...
You see more inthe channel on a sunday late afternoon then Gasoline alley on a mid day saturday
Agreed. But it's a good change of pace when one is BORED of Havasu.

DILLIGAF
06-20-2007, 07:24 AM
Nothing to see there...
You are right about that. Personally I am there to boat though and not sit in the channel. Good for a change every now and then.

my21advantage
06-20-2007, 07:28 AM
Nothing to see there...
Kevin doesn't see it anyways...he can't make it back to the channel until dusk after everyone's already off the water:jawdrop:

Kilrtoy
06-20-2007, 07:34 AM
Kevin doesn't see it anyways...he can't make it back to the channel until dusk after everyone's already off the water:jawdrop:
Last time little red was picked on , some bad stuff was said onhere about people, becareful......
TOM, I enjoy people watching, And I do my best to stay out of the channel when boating, Just one lesss reason to give LH finest a shot at me..

my21advantage
06-20-2007, 07:38 AM
Last time little red was picked on , some bad stuff was said onhere about people, becareful......
He's just a sensitive delicate flower:D

DCBDaytona
06-20-2007, 08:04 AM
Meanie.:D

DCBDaytona
06-20-2007, 08:06 AM
He's just a sensitive delicate flower:D
See what happens when I ask a real boat related question here? Screw you guys, I'm going home.:D

my21advantage
06-20-2007, 08:08 AM
See what happens when I ask a real boat related question here? Screw you guys, I'm going home.:D
LMAO! Well...my dad own's my boat - what do you have to say about that?:yuk: :jawdrop: and I admit it:D

DCBDaytona
06-20-2007, 08:13 AM
LMAO! Well...my dad own's my boat - what do you have to say about that?:yuk: :jawdrop: and I admit it:D
Can't pick on you there...you admit it so it's not humorous.

Throttle
06-20-2007, 08:18 AM
i will be there monday and tuesday too...:D

DCBDaytona
06-20-2007, 08:28 AM
i will be there monday and tuesday too...:D
Are you gonna be there with the LACoFD group too?

trailerpark_tj
06-20-2007, 08:42 AM
F Mohave! :eek:
Have fun on the beach at Mohave junior. We'll be in Havi tomorrow night. Just had the boat serviced at Savage, I heard that you gain 3 MPH just by having it serviced there. I may have to bring my Lifeline jacket for those high speed runs.
Give us a call when Mohave gets blown out :) .

DILLIGAF
06-20-2007, 08:42 AM
TOM, I enjoy people watching, And I do my best to stay out of the channel when boating, Just one lesss reason to give LH finest a shot at me..
I hear ya. People watching at times is fun.

Throttle
06-20-2007, 08:47 AM
Are you gonna be there with the LACoFD group too?
it seems that we always do our fun weeks around the same times... :D

Throttle
06-20-2007, 08:48 AM
F Mohave! :eek:
Have fun on the beach at Mohave junior. We'll be in Havi tomorrow night. Just had the boat serviced at Savage, I heard that you gain 3 MPH just by having it serviced there. I may have to bring my Lifeline jacket for those high speed runs.
Give us a call when Mohave gets blown out :) .
i thought you had to have a dcb to get anything done there...lol... c ya on da water...

meaniam
06-20-2007, 08:50 AM
the walk back to the ramp can be a little hot. if you go without shoes:D

Throttle
06-20-2007, 08:51 AM
b sure to jump in the water near willow...:D
get some warm blankets ready for ur cold azz...

trailerpark_tj
06-20-2007, 08:52 AM
i thought you had to have a dcb to get anything done there...lol... c ya on da water...
I told them that Dave rigged my Eliminator so they let me have it serviced there, they just charge me double. It's worth it though just to be able to say I have my boat serviced there :rolleyes: .
We may stop by your house on Saturday for some cake soaked with Jack Daniels.

AirtimeLavey
06-20-2007, 08:54 AM
You are right about that. Personally I am there to boat though and not sit in the channel. Good for a change every now and then.
This is true. Lake Mo more about the boating, than the party parking. GA's about it for "Hot Spots", and even then, it's pretty mild most of the time. Better family place than Havazoo, imo, esp. during the week. :D

Throttle
06-20-2007, 08:56 AM
I told them that Dave rigged my Eliminator so they let me have it serviced there, they just charge me double. It's worth it though just to be able to say I have my boat serviced there :rolleyes: .
i have already been warned! ice cream cake with jack on my plate ONLY... I might have got busted for that incident last year... haha... hope to see you guys come by...:D

DCBDaytona
06-20-2007, 09:13 AM
LOL...We'll be in town Sat and Sun prior to heading to Laughlin. Give me a call, we'll be on the water Sun with the parents.

STLRFAN
06-20-2007, 02:33 PM
Heading out there tonight.. might put the boat in river one day and head to the sandbar... :D