PDA

View Full Version : Katherines Landing is giving Site 6 a run for it's $...

AirtimeLavey
06-20-2007, 12:13 AM
:mad: First off, there's 8 lanes, but most only seem comfortable using 4. They need to put a traffic director out there full time. Nothing like waiting in line and seeing 4-5 lanes constantly open, but the dumba--ses up there waiting for their lane. :mad:
Then yesterday, saw a dude almost kill his son who was fishing off the back of his Yamaha while the Dad was trying to trailer the boat :jawdrop: . The Dad got all sideways, and hit the throttle (not good move or right thing) and tosses son in, then backs up and almost pins him to the dock. Fortunately, it was one of those double jets. The son holds on, climbs back on and almost gets tossed again after the Dad slams the sticks again, while getting sideways on the trailer. Un-frickin-believable. Were's an LEO when you need him. They need someone out there monitoring the knuckleheads.
Don't even get me started on the overweight Cholo/PWC thing. The stretch of lake across from Telephone cove to the NV side should just be a no wake area. I've had to almost stop a few times to avoid PWCs going straight across in front of all the traffic! Totally oblivious. Someone should splain to them that boat v. PWC = they lose.
Other than that, it was a great Father's Day w/e out there. If you stay at the River Palms, make sure you stay in the tower. Much better than the lower south rooms. :D

Outnumbered
06-20-2007, 01:34 AM
Ya, that place blows. Last time I was there peeps are tieing up on the courtesey dock on both sides so close to the ramp that they are blocking two lanes:rolleyes: I asked them to move their boat back and they just look at me like I'm a dick:sqeyes: Major cluster f.uck there.

DILLIGAF
06-20-2007, 07:22 AM
KL can be quite entertaining at times but not like site 6....

finsfan4life
06-20-2007, 07:25 AM
KL can be quite entertaining at times but not like site 6....
I am sure we all agree that driviing all the way to Cottonwood is worth it ..??

DILLIGAF
06-20-2007, 07:30 AM
I would not want to launch/retrieve daily at KL. If I was I would maybe head up to CW. The other option is to just launch before 7A and retrieve by 3P or after 9P. Just my take.

Debbolas
06-20-2007, 07:40 AM
But you don't have people sitting in lawn chairs laughing at you:idea:
.............. If you get on the lake before 9am and off by 3pm, it's not so bad
............... From the mobile home estate entrance to the ramp is about a half hour wait to launch/retrieve
...................:rolleyes: I have had to leap over people sitting on the courtesy dock (just sitting there 3 deep with their lake lice) when Scream drops me off to go get the trailer
.............................The girls they hire to direct traffic are horrible............they don't know what they are doing:jawdrop:
:) Get a slip :D

Throttle
06-20-2007, 08:07 AM
never dun that, how long/far is the drive from laughlin to cottonwood?

my21advantage
06-20-2007, 08:10 AM
about 30-45 minutes...depends on how fast you drive
Much better choice, cheaper and easier - I'd go for it, it's well worth the drive

Throttle
06-20-2007, 08:16 AM
Much better choice, cheaper and easier - I'd go for it, it's well worth the drive
:idea:
monday I will be drivin early am from havi, and plan on being on lake tuesday too.

shippingguy
06-20-2007, 08:19 AM
KL sucks big time. Launched out of there the weekend after Memorial. Launched around 7:30. That was OK. Came off around 3:00. FORGET IT!!! Boater 101 there:mad: . I will never go back again. If I ever go on Mohave I will launch out of Cottonwood Cove.
I will stick with Jack Smith in Needles on the river 30 minute wait tops on a holiday weekend and then straight to Havasu:) .

HM
06-20-2007, 08:33 AM
WTF are you guys talking about? Cottonwood SUCKS!!! They have raw sewage draining down the beach and the launch ramp. The local indians are constantly robbing people at gun point on land and in the water. Besides...it is a no wake zone from Cottonwood marina to the dam. You are better off staying down by Katherines. Don't ever ever ever ever ever ever ever go up the lake. :D

AirtimeLavey
06-20-2007, 08:43 AM
Yep, unless you're heading south. Then you may have the wrath of the basin to deal with if the winds kick up. Yesterday, even the mini basin N of Cottonwood had some decent rollers. Fun time for the kids tubing, though. :D
I would not want to launch/retrieve daily at KL. If I was I would maybe head up to CW. The other option is to just launch before 7A and retrieve by 3P or after 9P. Just my take.
I agree, but hard to do with family and friends in tow. I become "the slave driver" if I suggest getting going early and staying on late. :rolleyes: :D
But you don't have people sitting in lawn chairs laughing at you:idea:
.............. If you get on the lake before 9am and off by 3pm, it's not so bad
............... From the mobile home estate entrance to the ramp is about a half hour wait to launch/retrieve
...................:rolleyes: I have had to leap over people sitting on the courtesy dock (just sitting there 3 deep with their lake lice) when Scream drops me off to go get the trailer
.............................The girls they hire to direct traffic are horrible............they don't know what they are doing:jawdrop:
Get a slip
Yep. I'm thinking those staying at KL would have good entertainment if the lawn chair thing ever got going there. I think getting a slip whenever possible is the best way to go. :D
We did that yesterday, and it took just over a half an hour.
Gas was cheaper at Terrible's in Searchlight, too. CWC had no line, and parking was closer. They're building what looks like some sheltered docks, and have them stretched across the ramp. Only left two lanes open, but still, no real line.
KL sucks big time. Launched out of there the weekend after Memorial. Launched around 7:30. That was OK. Came off around 3:00. FORGET IT!!! Boater 101 there:mad: . I will never go back again. If I ever go on Mohave I will launch out of Cottonwood Cove.
I will stick with Jack Smith in Needles on the river 30 minute wait tops on a holiday weekend and then straight to Havasu:) .
Actually, many of them need boater 101. I think getting off the lake in the afternoon or early evening, seems to be the bigger fiasco.
Like Jack Smith. Never had any problems there, other than blowing by it when coming back up river. :D

AirtimeLavey
06-20-2007, 08:46 AM
WTF are you guys talking about? Cottonwood SUCKS!!! They have raw sewage draining down the beach and the launch ramp. The local indians are constantly robbing people at gun point on land and in the water. Besides...it is a no wake zone from Cottonwood marina to the dam. You are better off staying down by Katherines. Don't ever ever ever ever ever ever ever go up the lake. :D
Yeah, and you have to watch that you don't get run over by the houseboats. Better to just skip Lake Mo all together. Havasu is much better. :D

Racey
06-20-2007, 08:58 AM
I get pissed when people don't take an open spot cause they are too scared to back their trailer in next to someone else :mad: usually i'll just cut their ass in the line if its really ridiculous, you snooze you loose biatch :D
Too many amatuers out on the water nowadays, end of story.

3queens
06-20-2007, 07:21 PM
it's the squiddy riders (pwc) that create the problem
12 people on a two seater! they carry all this crap down to ths dock then
wait for rides back and forth to the beach.(go raiders odelay)
getting there early you'll find more pros going out before 8am
cottonwood is a good hour north
construction zone close to search light.speed trap!!