PDA

View Full Version : Is there any validity to this...

my21advantage
06-20-2007, 06:41 AM
I just recieved this e-mail this morning and I was wondering if it is true or if anyone else may have gotten the same e-mail :idea:
I was just going to send this out to all of the river rats but I decided
this was important enough to pass onto everyone. I received some
information about a very unfortunate incident that took place at Lake
Havasu on a recent holiday weekend. Unfortunately the local press and city
appear to be keeping this quiet, probably for concern of a tourism fallout.
Apparently a couple was sitting at a restaurant/bar at the Nautical Inn
enjoying the afternoon sun.(This is a nice place right on the water, not
some dirty hole in the wall, not that it matters, just trying to describe
the setting). The wife went to the restroom, which was located a very short
distance from where the husband was sitting. Four males followed her into
the bathroom and repeatedly raped her without anyone knowing, while her
husband was seated less than 50 feet away. As if this wasn't sick enough
the individuals returned back to their seats at the bar like nothing had
happened. The wife contacted security and the individuals were arrested.
Apparently it took several officers to hold back the husband, should of let
him go. A security officer / retired PD officer who was working that day is
trying to pass on the word to anyone who travels in the area. He feels that
they are trying to keep this extremely quiet and feels the public has a
right to know.
The point to the story is unfortunately we now live in a time when we can
never be too safe with our families. With the recent abduction of that girl
in Kansas, the incident at Havasu and I'm sure countless other unfortunate
stories that happen on a daily basis we must remind ourselves to always
keep our guard up. Please pass this on to your wives, daughters, mothers,
sisters and friends. Remind them to never get to comfortable and always be
aware of their surroundings.

Dan Lorenze
06-20-2007, 06:47 AM
I haven't seen that before... Pretty heavy.

havaduner
06-20-2007, 06:47 AM
Cant understand why local LE/ city officials would feel the need to keep this quiet, since the alleged rapists were caught at the scene. I thinking this is bogus. Do you know who sent the email?

phebus
06-20-2007, 06:50 AM
True story. :mad:

Garrddogg
06-20-2007, 06:51 AM
NO SIHT?

my21advantage
06-20-2007, 06:53 AM
Cant understand why local LE/ city officials would feel the need to keep this quiet, since the alleged rapists were caught at the scene. I thinking this is bogus. Do you know who sent the email?
My Friend sent it (usually pretty credible), but she did not write it...merely forwarded it
maybe I'll ask her where it came from, but the orginal document is address to Fire - stations

Havasu_Dreamin
06-20-2007, 06:53 AM
I would agree.....but with.....
saying this and knowing him I tend to believe Phebus. Any other details Rick?
Also, aren't arrest records public information? If so there would have to be some sort of paper trail of an arrest of four individuals for rape.....

my21advantage
06-20-2007, 06:54 AM
Why has this never come out...:jawdrop:
that's bs that the public is not made aware of such

phebus
06-20-2007, 06:57 AM
I was at the Turtle the day after this alleged rape took place, and was told the story by the security staff at the Turtle. As far as I know, there has been no cover up, and wonder what the email is suggesting. What obligation would the city have to advertise an attack occured? If the paper isn't running with the story, what does that have to do with the city?

Kilrtoy
06-20-2007, 07:06 AM
I was at the Turtle the day after this alleged rape took place, and was told the story by the security staff at the Turtle. As far as I know, there has been no cover up, and wonder what the email is suggesting. What obligation would the city have to advertise an attack occured? If the paper isn't running with the story, what does that have to do with the city?
When you get arrested it makes the paper or have a car acident it makes the the front page of the paper,
Why would this not make it, this is one of the biggest stories to hit this litle town , other than Bob and Joanies 1 year wedding anniversary last week... and Im sure the city has some influence on this little town paper

Throttle
06-20-2007, 07:12 AM
yep, we were all a bit shocked... it happened on memorial weekend.

Baja Big Dog
06-20-2007, 07:17 AM
Wonder if this happened in the little girls crapper hut in the middle of the bar, or the one on the side, either way its hard to believe that 4 guys could walk into the girls potty and stay for a while and not get noticed, how much time are we talking about if it were multiple rapes??
Thats crazy shit...

Jyruiz
06-20-2007, 07:19 AM
Wow, that really sucks beyond words. Fallow your ladies to the restroom guys.

my21advantage
06-20-2007, 07:23 AM
Wonder if this happened in the little girls crapper hut in the middle of the bar, or the one on the side, either way its hard to believe that 4 guys could walk into the girls potty and stay for a while and not get noticed, how much time are we talking about if it were multiple rapes??
Thats crazy shit...
I was pretty surprised when I got this e-mail and I was wondering the same thing? But big weekend, like spring break - people do crazy things and others don't even pay attention, so I could see four guys walking into the bathroom and not getting noticed
In addition, the e-mail says nothing about weapons, you just never know

my21advantage
06-20-2007, 07:25 AM
Wow, that really sucks beyond words. Fallow your ladies to the restroom guys.
I agree, always wait for them...when I went to stagecoach Festival I made sure I went with all of my girlfriend's friends to the bathroom :D

Dan Lorenze
06-20-2007, 07:28 AM
Just out of my own curiousity I emailed the Havasu news and asked about the story...

my21advantage
06-20-2007, 07:30 AM
Just out of my own curiousity I emailed the Havasu news and asked about the story...
I'm curious to...make sure and post their response

WYRD
06-20-2007, 07:30 AM
Sux to hear but it seems like part of the story is missing. I cant see the city holding back and covering up a story of this magnitude. The repercussions of that would have a much more devastating impact on them then the act itself especially since they caught the suspects.

C-2
06-20-2007, 08:42 AM
This whole post is screwy. :idea:

DILLIGAF
06-20-2007, 08:46 AM
Man....that sucks. Glad they got the scumbags.

yopengo
06-20-2007, 08:49 AM
Wow! :eek: I have all girls and I get accused of being over protective. This is why. :mad:

my21advantage
06-20-2007, 08:50 AM
This whole post is screwy. :idea:
Maybe...
But, well find out

uvindex
06-20-2007, 08:55 AM
The email has all the trappings of an urban myth/hoax (for example, "on a recent holiday weekend" -- omitting a specific date makes it so that the email can circulate for years and still seem current).
As Kilr said, four dudes getting arrested for gang rape would be a big story in the press. Only conspiracy theory folks would buy that cover up biz. :)

my21advantage
06-20-2007, 08:58 AM
:idea: The email has all the trappings of an urban myth/hoax (for example, "on a recent holiday weekend" -- omitting a specific date makes it so that the email can circulate for years and still seem current).
As Kilr said, four dudes getting arrested for gang rape would be a big story in the press. Only conspiracy theory folks would buy that cover up biz. :)
Refer to post #9... I think phebus is arguably credible:D
but on a serious note it may have not made the paper, for unknown reasons :idea: and like I orginally stated just passing it on, because it may in fact be true

C-2
06-20-2007, 09:02 AM
But, well find out
That's the part which is screwy.
Rapes occur almost daily in every city in the Nation. We all know that. Why the cover-up theories and why would it even matter?
A security officer / retired PD officer who was working that day is
trying to pass on the word to anyone who travels in the area. He feels that
they are trying to keep this extremely quiet and feels the public has a
right to know.
A right to know what, that a rape occured? Or is there another agenda?:idea:

Throttle
06-20-2007, 09:04 AM
The email has all the trappings of an urban myth/hoax (for example, "on a recent holiday weekend" -- omitting a specific date makes it so that the email can circulate for years and still seem current).
I dont think that the people we know at the turtle would lie to us about this issue... it took place on memorial weekend... could have been lots of other things that took the front page... like how gratefull the city is to all the people that patrinaged thier city$$$$ all weekend long... i dunno, we thought it was a bit odd too, however thats is how it was told to a group of us that night...

uvindex
06-20-2007, 09:04 AM
:idea:
Refer to post #9... I think phebus is arguably credible:D
but on a serious note it may have not made the paper, for unknown reasons :idea: and like I orginally stated just passing it on, because it may in fact be trueI read his post before posting. :) He's talking about the city disclosing it. I (and Kilr) are talking about the PRESS. They have scanners. They report stuff like this; it's what they do.
Until somebody coughs up an arrest report or news story confirming this gang rape, it has all the appearances of being a made up story. :)

EmpirE231
06-20-2007, 09:05 AM
skewy? yes
but two havasu locals just confirmed the story, and this doesn't seem like anything to joke about!!
that is complete F'n BullShit!! ... how the fock could that happen without anyone else noticing on a busy weekend??? doesn't add up... but if that happened to my girl, the cops wouldn't be able to hold me back!:mad:
and I would be interested to know the rest of the story... how did it stay quite? was there a weapon involved?? :confused: :mad:

cdog
06-20-2007, 09:07 AM
WOW! That makes me sick. Those bathrooms are right there close to everyone. Men! Watch out for your women. There are wolves around every corner. As a society I think we're being flushed down the toilet.:(
I need a holster for my board shorts.

Mrs.Racer277
06-20-2007, 09:11 AM
WTF is wrong with people these days?:mad: I hope to GOD this is not true... It is hard to believe these guys went back to the bar and continued to drink??? And no one noticed 4 guys going into the bathroom on a crowded 3 day weekend?????? It would also seem the husband would have noticed his wife not returning??? This makes me SICK :mad: :mad:

Throttle
06-20-2007, 09:23 AM
[QUOTE=EmpirE231;2629893]skewy? yes
but two havasu locals just confirmed the story, and this doesn't seem like anything to joke about!!
that is complete F'n BullShit!! ... how the fock could that happen without anyone else noticing on a busy weekend??? doesn't add up... but if that happened to my girl, the cops wouldn't be able to hold me back!:mad:
QUOTE]
my first thought was it was a busy weekend and it how easy things get overlooked when it is busy... :jawdrop:
either way you look at this, it is not right... bad publicity? yes, something we want in our city? no. is there something to learn from this? as mentioned previously from others... dont take for granted the safety of loved ones (even strangers) keep an eye on your surroundings! could this incident have been avoided? i dunno, but it should not have happened!

phebus
06-20-2007, 09:25 AM
Come on guys, enough of the conspiracy issue. Everyone knows the city is way to busy planting reed seeds at the Sandbar, erecting a seawall in the channel to keep boaters out, and the last I heard, they were building a carbon monoxide generator so they could close the lake at will. :D
So, there is no time to create a cover up, way too busy........ :jawdrop:

OnlyMoney
06-20-2007, 09:26 AM
Come on guys, enough of the conspiracy issue. Everyone knows the city is way to busy planting reed seeds at the Sandbar, erecting a seawall in the channel to keep boaters out, and the last I heard, they were building a carbon monoxide generator so they could close the lake at will. :D
So, there is no time to create a cover up, way too busy........ :jawdrop:
Love it!
I do find this very unnerving....I guess we should all take it as a wake up call. :(

Quest4Fun
06-20-2007, 09:37 AM
[QUOTE=Throttle;2629919][QUOTE=EmpirE231;2629893]skewy? yes
QUOTE]
lol - It must be true if two Havasu locals confirmed the story!

Throttle
06-20-2007, 09:40 AM
[QUOTE=Throttle;2629919][QUOTE=EmpirE231;2629893]skewy? yes
QUOTE]
whats even more funny is that empirE231 called me a local, i think... hahaha
i dont even say that about myself...

Havasu_Dreamin
06-20-2007, 09:42 AM
The two locals he is referring to are Phebus and Throttle. That being said, I would, without question, believe both of them.....

EmpirE231
06-20-2007, 09:44 AM
[QUOTE=Quest4Fun;2629945][QUOTE=Throttle;2629919]
whats even more funny is that empirE231 called me a local, i think... hahaha
i dont even say that about myself...
:D under your avatar.. says live in havi.
and yeah... I don't believe anything everyone says... but for people who live there and post here... kinda holds some credit... especially since this isn't something someone would joke about.

WYRD
06-20-2007, 09:51 AM
The two locals he is referring to are Phebus and Throttle. That being said, I would, without question, believe both of them.....
I have no doubt both of them heard the story, neither can honestly confirm the story. I am not saying it isnt true or down playing the severity of it, just saying we seem to be missing some of the facts cuz it is doubtful the city would cover up a gang rape to save them from bad publicity....

Throttle
06-20-2007, 09:51 AM
[QUOTE=Throttle;2629950][QUOTE=Quest4Fun;2629945]
:D under your avatar.. says live in havi.
and yeah... I don't believe anything everyone says... but for people who live there and post here... kinda holds some credit... especially since this isn't something someone would joke about.
u got me, usually what happens in havasu gets around pretty fast...:D

CBadDad
06-20-2007, 09:54 AM
I've only been there once. Wanted somethin' to eat (and drink of coarse) but was told I had to go on a walk-about to get food - couldn't order it from the bar. :confused: The GF was being oogled by a bunch of dorks (nothin' new) so she wanted to bail, therefore we did. If she gets wind of this, I'll never get back.

Kilrtoy
06-20-2007, 09:55 AM
well one of those locals is as credible as a three dollar bill, I mean just look at him. Last time I saw him he was on a pontoon drinking musketel and smoking tiparillo cigars will listening to Perry Como... I mean Come on, This is HOT BOAT
http://***boat.com/forums/image.php?u=6342&dateline=1181190606

Throttle
06-20-2007, 09:57 AM
well one of those locals is as credible as a three dollar bill, I mean just look at him. Last time I saw him he was on a pontoon drinking musketel and smoking tiparillo cigars will listening to Perry Como... I mean Come on, This is HOT BOAT
lmao...

That Guy
06-20-2007, 09:57 AM
LMAO.......:D

MADDOG355
06-20-2007, 09:58 AM
Not really trying to stir the pot but, If it did happen and the accused were black, mexican or anything else and the victim is white.
This could be a GOOD reason to keep it quiet!
http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/article.php?PostID=637

Havasu_Dreamin
06-20-2007, 10:00 AM
I have no doubt both of them heard the story, neither can honestly confirm the story. I am not saying it isnt true or down playing the severity of it, just saying we seem to be missing some of the facts cuz it is doubtful the city would cover up a gang rape to save them from bad publicity....
Agreed...

Kilrtoy
Not really trying to stir the pot but, If it did happen and the accused were black, mexican or anything else and the victim is white.
That aint gonna cut it, Whites dont make news, Just ask al sharpton and jessie jackson.

Throttle
where r u? stay there
not stirrin, just getting the post count up, huh?

MADDOG355
06-20-2007, 10:14 AM
where r u? stay there
not stirrin, just getting the post count up, huh?
I was not trying to offend anyone, I was just making the point that I don't think anyone wants a bunch a skinheads or what ever else running around trying to use someone elses misfortune to furthur their ideals, it could also have been white suspects and a black victim. I have seen the results of this kind of crime first hand and seen how fast it can get out of control.
If you mistook my post for me being racist or trying to lead this somewhere else I am sorry.

topless
06-20-2007, 10:17 AM
When you get arrested it makes the paper or have a car acident it makes the the front page of the paper,
Why would this not make it, this is one of the biggest stories to hit this litle town , other than Bob and Joanies 1 year wedding anniversary last week... and Im sure the city has some influence on this little town paperDo you know this to be fact or are you basing your comment on being on potty patrol?

CBadDad
06-20-2007, 10:20 AM
Do you know this to be fact or are you basing your comment on being on potty patrol?
Shots fired. :D

MR HARLEY
06-20-2007, 10:23 AM
Do you know this to be fact or are you basing your comment on being on potty patrol?
You still just don't know when to stop do ya ? :confused: :confused:

Some Kind Of Monster
06-20-2007, 10:28 AM
I've said it before and I will say it again..
Rape = License to kill..
I'm coming full force after anyone that pulls that kind of crap with anyone I love. :mad:

topless
06-20-2007, 10:30 AM
You still just don't know when to stop do ya ? :confused: :confused:Hey, it was a valid question. Are you mad at me for something?

cxr133
06-20-2007, 10:30 AM
NOT that i am questioning anyone...
But we were at the the Nautical Inn... 6/6-6/8 and we had drinks at the Turtle on Friday night... My wife and I were watching GUYS go into the girls restroom and girls going into the GUYS restroom, sometimes as groups.
DONT you think if this really happened they would of put a stop to this?

MR HARLEY
06-20-2007, 10:35 AM
Hey, it was a valid question
Potty patrol? Funny but not valid. :idea:
Are you mad at me for something?
Nope, I just constatly read how you want him to leave you alone and here you go again starting shiot. :idea:
Maybe you like it. :D :)

MarkyMark
06-20-2007, 10:35 AM
A couple of friends and I were cruising the rhinos around Crazy Horse when we saw a bunch of Havasu P.D. heading to the Nautical. I asked the security gaurd if he new what happened and he said a girl had been raped by a bunch of guys. I checked the paper the next day and saw nothing...

topless
06-20-2007, 10:36 AM
Potty patrol? Funny but not valid. :idea:
Nope, I just constatly read how you want him to leave you alone and here you go again starting shiot. :idea:
Maybe you like it. :D :)
Did you not read the entire question? I asked how he based his post.:idea:

topless
06-20-2007, 10:40 AM
Oh and Mr. Harley, go read his sig line with my name in it. He needs to stop acting like he is Mr. King Cop when he is only a kindergarten security guard. When he stops, I'll think about it but until then, it's on. Now back to the story and have a nice day.

MR HARLEY
06-20-2007, 10:42 AM
Did you not read the entire question? I asked how he based his post.:idea:
I did.
Here is your post again below?

MR HARLEY
06-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Oh and Mr. Harley, go read his sig line with my name in it. He needs to stop acting like he is Mr. King Cop when he is only a kindergarten security guard. When he stops, I'll think about it but until then, it's on. Now back to the story and have a nice day.
Have you taken your meds today? ;)

topless
06-20-2007, 10:48 AM

topless
06-20-2007, 10:55 AM
Have you taken your meds today? ;)I don't needs meds but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Oh and 15 minutes could save you 15% on your car insurance. Did you know that it's so easy that a caveman can do it?:idea:

MR HARLEY
06-20-2007, 10:57 AM
I don't needs meds but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Oh and 15 minutes could save you 15% on your car insurance. Did you know that it's so easy that a caveman can do it?:idea:
See now thats funny, more of that and less venom. :)

topless
06-20-2007, 10:59 AM
See now thats funny, more of that and less venom. :)
Hey now, look at my avater and then say venom.

WYRD
06-20-2007, 11:04 AM
Can we focus on the topic here please, I for one would really like to follow this to find the correct story so keep the topless vs kilr to a minimum:idea: :D

topless
06-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Can we focus on the topic here please, I for one would really like to follow this to find the correct story so keep the topless vs kilr to a minimum:idea: :DYou got it Chief.:D

PaPaG
06-20-2007, 11:17 AM
I've said it before and I will say it again..
Rape = License to kill..
I'm coming full force after anyone that pulls that kind of crap with anyone I love. :mad:
I agree, this kind of crap has to be stopped by the public at point of incident, I back up LEO's role but they are usually in a reactive situation after the fact....These kind of people only understand one thing: HURT. I rather Stop or Hurt them before rather than letting them get away with hurting a loved one.:devil: :mad: (meaning keep your eyes open and stand up when you think something is wrong no matter what the cost.)

Ms.Havasu
06-20-2007, 11:26 AM
... how the fock could that happen without anyone else noticing on a busy weekend??? doesn't add up... but if that happened to my girl, the cops wouldn't be able to hold me back!:mad:
:
If I'm not misstaken ..I think there is a second door on the ladies restroom on the back completely out of view of most of the bar. Possible the dirtbags had unlocked it and then entered through that door as she entered the front. Would explain why no one noticed including her husband. Sad indeed.

Biglue
06-20-2007, 11:27 AM
Shots fired. :D
LMFAO.....way to stir the shit there. :)
Now for the topic at hand. That is some seriously sad stuff. I think the city would be a little afraid of bad publicity. If that were the case, I don't think that fear should outweigh reminding people of their safety.
Very bold rape, I might add. Very disturbing.

BajaMike
06-20-2007, 11:40 AM
Can't someone out there check with the police or public records or with the newspaper or with "City Guy"??
If someone was arrested, the city can't "cover it up"....that's just stupid talk....all arrests are public record.

BajaMike
06-20-2007, 11:44 AM
I think the city would be a little afraid of bad publicity. If that were the case, I don't think that fear should outweigh reminding people of their safety.
"City afraid of bad publicity"....give me a break....with all the crap that has happened to various former and current city officials...:confused:

Dan Lorenze
06-20-2007, 01:15 PM
I'm curious to...make sure and post their response
you bet..

WYRD
06-20-2007, 01:15 PM
Can't someone out there check with the police or public records or with the newspaper or with "City Guy"??
If someone was arrested, the city can't "cover it up"....that's just stupid talk....all arrests are public record.
I have searched online and could not find anything:confused:

WYRD
06-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Perhaps there was not an arrest but they were only detained. It is possible that the rumor chain has lead everyone to the extreme of rape, maybe she was just inappropriately fondled/groped or something.......just a thought

duner21
06-20-2007, 01:28 PM
We were at the turtle on mermorial weekend and when we left there had to have been 15 cops there. Never saw a problem or heard one but they were everywhere!

burtandnancy2
06-20-2007, 01:30 PM
Where's BoatCop?

Kilrtoy
06-20-2007, 01:47 PM
maybe she was just inappropriately fondled/groped or something.......just a thought
I've HEARD you are an expert in this area:D

Stoneman
06-20-2007, 01:52 PM
Maybe Rep. Trish Groe was involved? :confused:

WYRD
06-20-2007, 01:58 PM
I've HEARD you are an expert in this area:D
Uhh, errr ummmm click here (http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0oGkxD1oXlGTRUBk0RXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTE2MG5zdnQ 2BHNlYwNzcgRwb3MDMQRjb2xvA3cEdnRpZANDUzAxXzg4BGwDV 1Mx/SIG=13251h86h/EXP=1182462837/**http%3a//en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution) :D :D

Mrs.Killer
06-20-2007, 03:07 PM
Yep, he's a kindergarden security guard and your an victim of spousal abuse...who gets paid more..... You just don't know when to stop do you. You must like the beatings. If you hate him so much, why ask the questions????

my21advantage
06-20-2007, 03:18 PM
Yep, he's a kindergarden security guard and your an victim of spousal abuse...who gets paid more..... You just don't know when to stop do you. You must like the beatings. If you hate him so much, why ask the questions????
A second call for shots fired :jawdrop: :D

phebus
06-20-2007, 04:52 PM
The only thing I can confirm is that I was told by one of the security persons at the Turtle that the rape occured.
I can see why the Turtle wouldn't want it publicized and also why the city wouldn't, but if it did occur it would be public record.
Being the giver that I am, I will go back to the bar at the Turtle, and buy enough drinks so they will talk to me. I will report back with my findings if I can remember anything in the morning. :D

Quest4Fun
06-20-2007, 05:06 PM
You know, if this really is true, it would be hard to believe that it was covered up - and for this long. It just doesn't add up. Maybe there was an accusation of some kind but the police could not find any evidence to back it up. Remember the Duke Lacross players? I don't know it just doesn't make sense to me. I hope it is not true.

SummerBreeze
06-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Have you ever seen the line to the ladies pisser on a holiday weekend before. I don't think it's true
I WANT THE TRUTH

unleashed
06-20-2007, 05:59 PM
The line for the girls bathroom on a holiday weekend is crazy long at the Naked Turtle. If it happened it would have to be a quick thing cause there'd be some pissed off ladies waiting!
Deano
UnleashedHardcoreApparel (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)
Unleashedmyspace (http://www.myspace.com/unleashedhardcore)

Dan Lorenze
06-20-2007, 06:01 PM
The line for the girls bathroom on a holiday weekend is crazy long at the Naked Turtle. If it happened it would have to be a quick thing cause there'd be some pissed off ladies waiting!
Deano
Good point..... That restroom is so busy that the ladies usually start to flood into the mens room...

Mrs.Killer
06-20-2007, 06:02 PM
Have you ever seen the line to the ladies pisser on a holiday weekend before. I don't think it's true
I WANT THE TRUTH
Where does it say that she went in the ladies restroom?? Have you seen all the women going in the mens restroom because the ladies line is too long:confused:

unleashed
06-20-2007, 06:06 PM
By the way..both lines are usually long on a holiday weekend. This could be one of those fluke things with perfect timing..no lines...no screaming...no one noticing anything etc.
Deano
UnleashedHardcoreApparel (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)
Unleashedmyspace (http://www.myspace.com/unleashedhardcore)

TCHB
06-20-2007, 06:17 PM
My wife and I were at the little bathing suit shop next to the turtle two weeks ago on a Saturday afternoon and noticed ugly people hanging out. What I mean is they were the lowest class people you could imagine. They had a couple old boats out front with trash and liquor bottles everywhere. The beach area was also trashed by the group. Are they locals or visitors and from where. The age of this group was close to 30 not teenagers!!!
It is sad to see people like this ruin our lake.

CBadDad
06-20-2007, 09:20 PM
I WANT THE TRUTH
In my best Jack Nicholson voice...
You can't handle the truth!
Someone had to say it. :rolleyes:

Baja Big Dog
06-20-2007, 09:48 PM
O.K. I just got off the phone with three locals that wash windows in the Wal Mart parking lot, they told me the guys that did this had strawberry stains on there hands...HUMMMM sounds like more illegal problems!!:eek:

dunaholic
06-21-2007, 05:52 PM
So, is it true or not????

laveycrafter
06-21-2007, 06:05 PM
From my limited experience in dealing with these crimes (11 years) and as a part tim LHC resident, this sounds bogus.
1. Crime scene, no one was asked to leave? Or did they secure the area like protocal dictates, until all suspects are accounted for?
2. Hava PD beefs up patrols like every other PD on busy weekends, and as a sleepy town, there would of been at least 10 cops there, watch commander, and a crime task force. 12 cars.
3. Where was the fire dept. and ambulance? It is unlikley any one would refuse medical treatment from an attack like this. 3 more cars, with 8 uniformed people.
4. It's private property, so there would of definatley been a report made, with witness statements. Followed by Oh yeah, arrests!
5. Private security guys always wanted to be cops.
6. So no one saw 4 guys in hand cuffs, 20 uniformed personnel, 15 or so cars, fire engines, and ambulance with lights and sirens, or any other activity?
Sounds like BS to me, but nonetheless keep a watch on your loved ones.
Myth Busted!

catman-do
06-21-2007, 07:18 PM
To me it sounds a little wierd. Maybe this lady was horny, knew the husband wouldnt b able to satisfy her and she went in with the dudes to bust out a quick gang bang. Then out of fear of getting caught and having to face public scruitiny and deal with a divorce she said it was rape. Who the hell would go back to drinking (unless it was voluntary, then it would be drinks and high fives).
It may be a far fetched idea, but i do know of ladies that have done some wrong things.... and this being scenario being very close to one of them.

RiverDave
06-22-2007, 02:24 AM
To me it sounds a little wierd. Maybe this lady was horny, knew the husband wouldnt b able to satisfy her and she went in with the dudes to bust out a quick gang bang. Then out of fear of getting caught and having to face public scruitiny and deal with a divorce she said it was rape. Who the hell would go back to drinking (unless it was voluntary, then it would be drinks and high fives).
It may be a far fetched idea, but i do know of ladies that have done some wrong things.... and this being scenario being very close to one of them.
I'm on my way back from Alaska (only got a minute here) and I'm not trying to single you out becuase there was several posts of the same "tone" in the thread.. but seriously..
What if this turns out to be real? That's some dudes wife your talking about.
IN REALITY if this happened to me and mine, I certainly wouldn't be going around making some public spectacle of it. If it did happen, I'd bet it wasn't the city trying to keep things "quiet" as was implied, but perhaps rather the girl trying to keep things discreet so that she can later on move on with her life without having to deal with a situation where people are saying "Hey look over there that's the girl that got raped @ the turtle" or even worse some people saying things like "She deserved it" or the typical story changing game where someone walks up and says something like "Heard you got gang banged in the bathroom."
If it was my wife, and the paper called me to ask follow up questions.. I would plead with them NOT to run the story.
Just my take on it.
By the way.. They say 1 in 3 girls in America has been raped in their life time. I never believed that statistic, until I asked some pretty close girl friends of mine if anything like that had ever happened to them or someone they knew.. After talking to quite a few girls about it I think it might be higher then 1 in 3 actually.. None of them like to talk about it, and even though I found it kinda strange the only thing they seemed to have in common is they all seemed kind of "embarassed" their own individual incidents.
RD

BajaMike
06-22-2007, 03:45 AM
By the way.. They say 1 in 3 girls in America has been raped in their life time. I never believed that statistic, until I asked some pretty close girl friends of mine if anything like that had ever happened to them or someone they knew.. After talking to quite a few girls about it I think it might be higher then 1 in 3 actually..
RD
I have never believed that statistic....I think it is prepetuated by man-hating womens libers....I have talked to a lot of girls about it, I have never met a single one who was "raped". Of course the women libers talk a lot about "date rape", which is tough to pin down.
How many times have you been with a girl, things gettin hot and heavy, and she says "we better not do this" as she's taking of her top (and I'm not complaining) and then she says "we better stop" as she's taking off her panties and laying down and spreading her legs.....obviously mixed messages, but I'm not likely to stop....and at that point she's not complaining.....is that "date rape"?? To me "no means no".....but "no" when they are undressing and sucking on your tongue and other encouraging actions make it kind of confusing.....
Women....and "confusing" in the same sentance is hardly a stretch. I have never and would never push myself on a girl, but I've also heard the statement the next day from the girlfriend....."damn, he didn't try anything, am I not attractive enough for him".
Women, one of lifes biggest mysteries......
This whole story is really sounding like an Internet/***boat rumor/hoax.
:idea:

Stoneman
06-22-2007, 05:14 AM
Something I learned along time ago!
Believe nothing your hear or read, and only half of what you see. :idea:

RiverDave
06-22-2007, 12:57 PM
Something I learned along time ago!
Believe nothing your hear or read, and only half of what you see. :idea:
Was just providing an alternate reason as to why things might be kept quiet. Not some big conspiracy theory.
RD

PunkAssBitch
06-22-2007, 01:09 PM
I have never believed that statistic....I think it is prepetuated by man-hating womens libers....I have talked to a lot of girls about it, I have never met a single one who was "raped". Of course the women libers talk a lot about "date rape", which is tough to pin down.
wow. what planet do you come from??? do you seriously believe all of that?
holy crap...you have NO phockin' clue, do you?

RVRKID
06-22-2007, 01:41 PM
My buddy is the one that sent out the email and he said his big reason of sending it was to remind everyone that things can happen and to watch over your loved ones.
His sister and brother in law(who is on the boards) were told this happened by the Security Guard from what I understand, must be the same one that told Phebus and Throtle.

RiverToysJas
06-22-2007, 02:13 PM
What I mean is they were the lowest class people you could imagine. They had a couple old boats out front ......
Yeah, people with old boats piss me off too!!! :mad:
RTJas :D

WYRD
06-26-2007, 12:20 PM
So whats the scoop, is this true:confused:

EmpirE231
06-26-2007, 12:51 PM
Time for an update!!!
HB news!!

AirtimeLavey
06-26-2007, 01:16 PM
I agree with RD, if this did happen, it could have been the victim that wanted it kept quiet. Hope it's just a rumor, but still good advice to watch out for the loved ones.

my21advantage
06-26-2007, 01:26 PM
I'm curious too...truth or not:idea:
that's why I posted it hoping some people on HB would know

Kilrtoy
06-26-2007, 01:49 PM
I'm curious too...truth or not:idea:
that's why I posted it hoping some people on HB would know
Still worried the other perps rolled over on ya , ARE YA

duner21
06-26-2007, 01:51 PM
I was at the turtle last friday and asked the bartender he said it never happened? I left it at that.I did see a bunch of cops there that weekend but never saw anything. The only reason i asked was because my wife said she was never going there again if it was true.

RiverToysJas
06-26-2007, 01:59 PM
Very interested to know if this is true. Nobody found anything out yet?
I heard they got away on PWC's and never looked back!!! :eek:

SHADOW23
06-26-2007, 02:12 PM
I was at the turtle last friday and asked the bartender he said it never happened? I left it at that.I did see a bunch of cops there that weekend but never saw anything. The only reason i asked was because my wife said she was never going there again if it was true.
I also talked to Tim the head bartender this weekend, Here's the low down.
The guy's wife/girlfriend was upset with him because he was flirting with another tramp in the bar. To make him jealous she came on hot and heavy to another guy in the bar. She also claimed rape but would not pres any charges. Tim said there was no way it could of happened with 150 or more at the Turtle at that time. Sounds like she cried wolf to me.

RiverToysJas
06-26-2007, 02:14 PM
The guy's wife/girlfriend was upset with him because he was flirting with another tramp in the bar. To make him jealous she came on hot and heavy to another guy in the bar. She also claimed rape but would not pres any charges. Tim said there was no way it could of happened with 150 or more at the Turtle at that time. Sounds like she cried wolf to me.
I wonder if alcohol was involved.... :confused: :rolleyes:

Kilrtoy
06-26-2007, 02:50 PM
I CALL BULLSHIT, No one ever gets intoxicated and flirts with another woman infront of their girlfriend/spouse at a bar...

Baja Big Dog
06-26-2007, 03:18 PM
This is an obvious result of TAKING SAND TO THE BEACH RULE!!:D

Havasu Hangin'
06-26-2007, 04:25 PM
I CALL BULLSHIT, No one ever gets intoxicated and flirts with another woman infront of their girlfriend/spouse at a bar...
Where's boatfloating?
:jawdrop:

Kilrtoy
06-26-2007, 04:27 PM
Where's boatfloating?
:jawdrop:
I heard he only answers to his stage name as of late
ROCK-O THE WEAK
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/MASKED_MARVEL.JPG

ChumpChange
06-26-2007, 04:30 PM
I agree with RD, if this did happen, it could have been the victim that wanted it kept quiet. Hope it's just a rumor, but still good advice to watch out for the loved ones.
Even if the victim did want it to be kept quiet, generally, the news, looking for a story, will still report it. That's just the way they are.
I don't think Gloria Allred would let this remain in silence. :D