PDA

View Full Version : Rhino Liner help........

riverbound
02-14-2006, 12:16 PM
Our quad trailer got really rusty while it was being stored in Pismo. and we were considering having it rhino lined.
Does anyone here do it, or do you know any one that does it??
Are there any downsides to doing this?? I ave seen a couple boat trailers done that way. and it seems like ti would be much more durable this way.
Thanks
RB
Here is what the trialer looks like.
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11288&stc=1

essexjet
02-14-2006, 12:21 PM
Our quad trailer got really rusty while it was being stored in Pismo. and we were considering having it rhino lined.
Does anyone here do it, or do you know any one that does it??
Are there any downsides to doing this?? I ave seen a couple boat trailers done that way. and it seems like ti would be much more durable this way.
Thanks
RB
Contact Jason at Rancho Motorsports and Rhino Linings.
780 S Rochester Ste D
Ontario, CA 91761
(909) 390-9722
Just tell him you know Chris Mock aka sigepmock
Sorry Chris beat you to it.

NOTALENT
02-14-2006, 12:23 PM
I dont know...but where in the hell have you been!!???

riverbound
02-14-2006, 12:27 PM
I dont know...but where in the hell have you been!!???
Lurking......shhhhhh :D

Flashover
02-14-2006, 12:28 PM
Works great but it will fade pretty good... :crossx:

NOTALENT
02-14-2006, 12:42 PM
Lurking......shhhhhh :D
haha..who are you spying on... :idea: :D

djunkie
02-14-2006, 12:49 PM
PM Mr. Pixilated. They don't do Rhino but they do the other one. Drawing a blank right now but you know what I'm talking about.

essexjet
02-14-2006, 12:51 PM
PM Mr. Pixilated. They don't do Rhino but they do the other one. Drawing a blank right now but you know what I'm talking about.
line-x?????

djunkie
02-14-2006, 01:10 PM
line-x?????
Ya thats it. I had a brain fart for a minute. :rollside:

riverbound
02-15-2006, 07:31 AM
Works great but it will fade pretty good... :crossx:
I was hoping to do a grey or lighter color...not too concerned about fading....at this point anything would look better than it does now.

Flashover
02-15-2006, 07:51 AM
I was hoping to do a grey or lighter color...not too concerned about fading....at this point anything would look better than it does now.
What about having it powdercoated real good? :crossx:

riverbound
02-15-2006, 07:53 AM
What about having it powdercoated real good? :crossx:
The trailer is only 4 yrs. old...the powdercoating didnt hold up too well last time. I would like to do something more durable.

Magic34
02-15-2006, 08:00 AM
The trailer is only 4 yrs. old...the powdercoating didnt hold up too well last time. I would like to do something more durable.
And to powdercoat it, you have to disassemble the entire trailer. Sounds like fun.

JB in so cal
02-15-2006, 08:07 AM
I highly recommend this option!

sigepmock
02-15-2006, 08:09 AM
Talk to Jason Riley. His shop is right at the 10/15 interchange south west side. He can do lots of colors, even white, the fading issue has been addressed with the adding of UV protectants in the last year or two. I'll be taking my trailer down as soon as the current wood planks need replaced. Rhino lining is the way to go and it's not too heavy. Let me know and we can go down to his shop together at lunch one day and see what he says, I need to get my chair from you anyway :)
Chris

riverbound
02-15-2006, 08:10 AM
Talk to Jason Riley. His shop is right at the 10/15 interchange south west side. He can do lots of colors, even white, the fading issue has been addressed with the adding of UV protectants in the last year or two. I'll be taking my trailer down as soon as the current wood planks need replaced. Rhino lining is the way to go and it's not too heavy. Let me know and we can go down to his shop together at lunch one day and see what he says, I need to get my chair from you anyway :)
Chris
Maybe sometime next week I will drag it to work (along with your chair) and see what he does :D

sigepmock
02-15-2006, 08:16 AM
Let me know. He's not always the cheapest but in my opinion the Rhino lining is the best product our there. I've had both the line x and Rhino and the Rhino held up much better to the abuse. Jason will take care of you. Chris Pfiefer is even thinking about getting his boat trailer done because the rocks chips are getting pretty bad on his white trailer.

riverbound
02-15-2006, 08:26 AM
Let me know. He's not always the cheapest but in my opinion the Rhino lining is the best product our there. I've had both the line x and Rhino and the Rhino held up much better to the abuse. Jason will take care of you. Chris Pfiefer is even thinking about getting his boat trailer done because the rocks chips are getting pretty bad on his white trailer.
I just need it to last. As long as I get a decent deal I will be happy. $2k trailer is basically trashed, need to get it looking nice again :mad:

Froggystyle
02-15-2006, 09:03 AM
Just remember that any topcoat is only as good as the surface underneath. If you have ANY rust, you need to abate that before you can paint, powdercoat or rhinoline it. If you don't, it will continue to rust in a now protected environment and just trash the trailer from the inside out.
Probably going to need to sandblast or grind every ounce of rust first.

Mr. Pixilated
02-15-2006, 09:05 AM
I just need it to last. As long as I get a decent deal I will be happy. $2k trailer is basically trashed, need to get it looking nice again :mad:
Bedliner spray will not hold on rust......It will need to be sand blasted if you want it to last......Rust is very flaky and it will seperate from the metal of the trailer and then bubble and lift your bedliner.....If you need help let me know..
Geza Simon
949-951-5265
Simon's Auto Body, Inc....
Laguna Hills :)

riverbound
02-15-2006, 09:09 AM
Bedliner spray will not hold on rust......It will need to be sand blasted if you want it to last......Rust is very flaky and it will seperate from the metal of the trailer and then bubble and lift your bedliner.....If you need help let me know..
Geza Simon
949-951-5265
Simon's Auto Body, Inc....
Laguna Hills :)
Just remember that any topcoat is only as good as the surface underneath. If you have ANY rust, you need to abate that before you can paint, powdercoat or rhinoline it. If you don't, it will continue to rust in a now protected environment and just trash the trailer from the inside out.
Probably going to need to sandblast or grind every ounce of rust first.
I kind of figured that. :(