PDA

View Full Version : Droop

LGCDEVIL
06-20-2007, 08:40 AM
Buddy has a Bahner 18' or 18'6" bubble deck. 400-450hp. Berkeley JG w/diverter, shoe & ride plate. What brand, length, & nozzle angle would he need? Also, where to buy?

hotbo
06-20-2007, 08:55 AM
just remember that all boats dont like droops.have you guys tryed any wedges in the stock coupler and also the nozzle on the place divirder is longer than the stock one.see how the boat likes a 4 degree wedge heck ive put 8 in them before and gained speed over the droop it does not creat drag like a droop.some boats like droops just trying to save you money if you can do it this way.if you have to have a droop buy a place divirder brand imo:confused: they have a good smooth radius and have 7 degree up built in.hope this helps.:D

Devilman
06-20-2007, 10:01 AM
Buddy has a Bahner 18' or 18'6" bubble deck. 400-450hp. Berkeley JG w/diverter, shoe & ride plate. What brand, length, & nozzle angle would he need? Also, where to buy?
I've got the Place brand droop on my boat. Got it from Jet Boat Performance. According to their website, its an 1 1/2" drop with 8 degrees of up angle. Also, it doesn't have that divider in there that I have seen other people mention cutting out from time to time, its WFO all the way through. It does however, have that piece underneath where that bolt-on rideplate can be attached. Not sure if that would interfere with the rideplate hardware on your buddy's boat or not though. I'm sure Tom would be able to give you that info.....
The American Turbine Berkeley/Dominator style droop they sell, has 1" drop with 7.5 degrees of up angle. Thats the one with the divider I believe....

Pops@Aggressor
06-20-2007, 11:46 AM
[QUOTE=QUOTE] 1 1/2 drop @ 8 degree's up will not calculate out right. Maybe U mean a 1" drop @ 7.5

Devilman
06-20-2007, 11:59 AM
1 1/2 drop @ 8 degree's up will not calculate out right. Maybe U mean a 1" drop @ 7.5
I dunno, those numbers came straight off the website.... http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/10158dunno.gif
Place Diverter brand Droop. 1.5 inch drop with 8° up angle, allows the addition of a bolt up Ride Plate (No Machining of the intake required for installation of ride plate)

Pops@Aggressor
06-20-2007, 12:11 PM
[QUOTE=QUOTE] 1 1/2 drop @ 8 degree's up will not calculate out right. Maybe U mean a 1" drop @ 7.5 UP
As for divider bar Its there for water control thru the transition. It much harder to put in in then leave it out and cost more to produce. If we did not think it was right for that reason we would remove it. Berkeley and Aggressor both have it and both were Pump based manufacturing company's producing not only Jet Drive but also Deepwell
and Commercial Pumps. I feel a std. droop is a long run to not keep water control on. just my thought.

Devilman
06-20-2007, 12:32 PM
As for divider bar Its there for water control thru the transition. It much harder to put in in then leave it out and cost more to produce. If we did not think it was right for that reason we would remove it. Berkeley and Aggressor both have it and both were Pump based manufacturing company's producing not only Jet Drive but also Deepwell
and Commercial Pumps. I feel a std. droop is a long run to not keep water control on. just my thought.
Makes sense to me. I was just sharing what I have read, as there has been more than a couple of threads here started by people talking about cutting that divider out of the droop, worried about flow, was it safe, etc..... Thats all.....

RCB19
06-20-2007, 08:48 PM
American Turbine and remove the divider inside. That boat will respond nicely to a droop. I believe it is a splash of the Rogers TR bottom. Is the intake cut for a shoe and plate?

LGCDEVIL
06-21-2007, 05:08 AM
Yeah, it's got a shoe & plate. Just not alot of HP. Kinda worried if the motor has enough stuff to actually carry the boat. Will give it a shot. Where do you buy the AT droops?

Devilman
06-21-2007, 05:28 AM
Yeah, it's got a shoe & plate. Just not alot of HP. Kinda worried if the motor has enough stuff to actually carry the boat. Will give it a shot. Where do you buy the AT droops?
LGC, I don't see how it could hurt. My boat is a far cry from having any serious power, probably be lucky if it was 400 hp, if that. Droop worked on mine for sure..... Even still running a bow tank in mine. :)

sdpm
06-21-2007, 06:20 AM
Check your pm's.

RCB19
06-21-2007, 11:50 PM
I don't think the lower hp will be an issue. Your trying to free up the boat and the droop is a good attempt. Jack has them for just as reasonable price as anyone else could get you one.