PDA

View Full Version : Volt meter?

Mr. C
06-20-2007, 08:47 AM
I have a Mercury 150 blk max and i just installed all new gauges (Tach,Fuel,Trim,Mph,Temp,Pressure.volt:mad: ) All work fine except the volt meter. It only show about 11 1/2 volts. Checked it from the rectifier and it shows 12 1/2 at idle and up to 13 1/2 at about 3k.
I guess my ? is does it pass through someplace else after the rectifier that could be bad, or could the gauge be bad. I have double checked my wiring and i don't think it is that but i have been wrong before:D
Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry I meant to put this in outboards,
can some one move it for me, or how do i move it

uvindex
06-20-2007, 08:50 AM
I have a Mercury 150 blk max and i just installed all new gauges (Tach,Fuel,Trim,Mph,Temp,Pressure.volt:mad: ) All work fine except the volt meter. It only show about 11 1/2 volts. Checked it from the rectifier and it shows 12 1/2 at idle and up to 13 1/2 at about 3k.
I guess my ? is does it pass through someplace else after the rectifier that could be bad, or could the gauge be bad. I have double checked my wiring and i don't think it is that but i have been wrong before:D
Any help/tips would be greatly appreciated.Can't you check the voltage at the contacts on the gauge (using your hand-held voltmeter)? That can rule out a bad voltmeter (the one mounted to your boat, not the piece of test equipment :)) Good luck.

Mr. C
06-20-2007, 08:55 AM
I didn't really think about the meter being bad ( since it was new) until i was asking the ?.
gonna do that when i get home today.