PDA

View Full Version : Lake Camanche??

707dog
06-20-2007, 09:02 AM
i havnt been there in almost 10 yrs whats the lake like now? where is the good spots to camp? the last time we were there i remember them having a little water slide, and the last iv heard of the lake it has went hood status just a bunch of no good fok sticks that camp there now:idea: has anyone been there resently??

John.
06-20-2007, 09:26 AM
I was there last weekend. I think its a nice lake. Friends have a houseboat there. Northshore of Camanche is good for camping. I would avoid the Southshore area.
Good place to hang out is up the river area. Go through the 20 mph area up to the bridge and 5mph zone. T-Bag'n is always up there. My friends have a houseboat called the "Love Shack". its a baby blue color.

T-Bag'n
06-20-2007, 09:41 AM
Water level is low this year but I love it there. Water is clean and warm for swimmin, if you do a trip there look for a 26 daytona and say hi we usually are the 20 mph arm by the bridge...

Obsessive Compulsive
06-20-2007, 10:37 AM
Hay 707, I go once a year, my freind has a family thing on north shore around the 4th and it can be hood like, they have brought in more police enforcment on big weekends and that seems to be working out. Like T-bag said, water is clean and warm.

707dog
06-20-2007, 10:41 AM
we want to do a camping trip just havnt figured out where...camanche was one of our to do every year trips when i was young. so i thought we would try it out! when you say "the water is low" is the lake still boatable or is some of the area restricted???

T-Bag'n
06-20-2007, 11:11 AM
Water is very boatable just down this year.. The past few years were exceptional, last year the pole for the bbq"s in day use were under water so this year compared to last is a big difference....We try and go out every weekend atleast 1 day. Just wathch the water most spots are marked.. Make sure you post when / if you guys go...

707dog
06-20-2007, 11:13 AM
Water is very boatable just down this year.. The past few years were exceptional, last year the pole for the bbq"s in day use were under water so this year compared to last is a big difference....We try and go out every weekend atleast 1 day. Just wathch the water most spots are marked.. Make sure you post when / if you guys go...
ok cool well ill get with my lil camping group and get some thing going..john said the northend has better camping correct?

desertbird
06-21-2007, 07:31 AM
Comanche
Don Pedro
New Melones
Lake McClure
All seem to be within reasonable driving distance to each other, but if you had to pick one for the week long trip, where would you go? Comanche looks kinda big and round, not a lotta coves to play in...:idea:

tamalewagon
06-21-2007, 07:45 AM
Used to have a mobile home there in North Shore in the cove. Miss that place something fierce. Take some good pictures! :D

acatitude
06-21-2007, 01:03 PM
Comanche
Don Pedro
New Melones
Lake McClure
All seem to be within reasonable driving distance to each other, but if you had to pick one for the week long trip, where would you go? Comanche looks kinda big and round, not a lotta coves to play in...:idea:
id pick don pedro its in between mclure and melonies and you could day trip each one...pedro is a nice lake with some coves