PDA

View Full Version : ***boat.com Auction......

PHOTOGLOU
06-20-2007, 12:01 PM
I am considering a low priced NON BINDING auction for a (1) passenger on a practice run for the Catalina ski race. Does this sound like something people would consider OK on ***boat or no?

TheCarDudes
06-20-2007, 12:07 PM
I think it would be a great idea. Maybe even throw in that a portion would be donated to a charity or someone who has needed help through another thread on HB.

uvindex
06-20-2007, 12:08 PM
I am considering a low priced NON BINDING auction for a (1) passenger on a practice run for the Catalina ski race. Does this sound like something people would consider OK on ***boat or no?Aside from HB, I'd check my liability insurance if I were you. Selling or auctioning off a ride might be considered "passengers for hire" and regular boat insurance won't cover you for that. Just sayin... :)

PHOTOGLOU
06-20-2007, 12:10 PM
I think it would be a great idea. Maybe even throw in that a portion would be donated to a charity or someone who has needed help through another thread on HB.
I like it.....

PHOTOGLOU
06-20-2007, 12:12 PM
Aside from HB, I'd check my liability insurance if I were you. Selling or auctioning off a ride might be considered "passengers for hire" and regular boat insurance won't cover you for that. Just sayin... :)
True. But an umbrella (homeowners policy) has already aprroved my sponsorship pkg. So I will check with them again... Trying not to involve Boat policy in this.....

uvindex
06-20-2007, 12:14 PM
True. But an umbrella (homeowners policy) has already aprroved my sponsorship pkg. So I will check with them again... Trying not to involve Boat policy in this.....Glad that you already checked. I'm gonna vote now. :)

riverbound
06-20-2007, 12:16 PM
you might also want to look into the licensing affects of carrying passengers for pay (Coast guard). I think if the money went towards something (such as sponsoring the race team, etc.... then it might not fall under that since they are not actuall paying you directly for the ride. The ride is more of a perk.

ULTRA21XS
06-20-2007, 12:23 PM
Wow sounds like one hell of a fun ride...Where do i sign up...PM me or e-maail me at travis@n-style.com

PHOTOGLOU
06-20-2007, 12:25 PM
you might also want to look into the licensing affects of carrying passengers for pay (Coast guard). I think if the money went towards something (such as sponsoring the race team, etc.... then it might not fall under that since they are not actuall paying you directly for the ride. The ride is more of a perk.
OK so I will auction off the person getting there name on the back of the t-shirt and a ride is included.?. and 50% would go to a situation/Charity that is ***boat.com related.....

riverbound
06-20-2007, 12:27 PM
OK so I will auction off the person getting there name on the back of the t-shirt and a ride is included.?. and 50% would go to a situation/Charity that is ***boat.com related.....
;) :D
Just to be safe some sort of release of liabilty might be a good idea too.

ULTRA21XS
06-20-2007, 12:31 PM
When are you doing the Auction....????

PHOTOGLOU
06-20-2007, 12:32 PM
When are you doing the Auction....????
I need to get an approval from ***boat.com.....

ULTRA21XS
06-20-2007, 12:35 PM
Hello just e-mail me the amount of $$$$ you would like...Never been in a boat like yours and would love a ride

LuckyStrike
06-20-2007, 12:41 PM
Hello just e-mail me the amount of $$$$ you would like...Never been in a boat like yours and would love a ride
Hold on now....Get In Line:D :D

ULTRA21XS
06-20-2007, 12:43 PM
Ok Ok Ill Take The Ride There You Take The Ride Home :d :d

PHOTOGLOU
06-20-2007, 12:45 PM
Ok Ok Ill Take The Ride There You Take The Ride Home :d :d
PM sent..... This is not for what we are talking about here though..... Jay

DILLIGAF
06-20-2007, 12:50 PM
Only room for one Jay?

PHOTOGLOU
06-20-2007, 12:53 PM
Only room for one Jay?
Yes and I need to keep one of the practices THERE WILL BE 3 for the team only.... Boat is a 5 seater and with the rooster the Observer needs to move from side to side to see the skier..... 4 on that boat at one time is in my opinion the only safe way for the skier.

DILLIGAF
06-20-2007, 12:55 PM
Yes and I need to keep one of the practices THERE WILL BE 3 for the team only.... Boat is a 5 seater and with the rooster the Observer needs to move from side to side to see the skier..... 4 on that boat at one time is in my opinion the only safe way for the skier.
Got ya.....

3 daytona`s
06-20-2007, 01:09 PM
The thread on top of Sandbar Windy`s Sister-in-Law would be a wonderful one.

76ANTHONY
06-20-2007, 01:39 PM
i think its a great idea, as long as I WIN and RB DOESNT. oh and keep the shirt i just wanna ride in that rocketship boat of yours.....im just sayin....and i have homeowners ins so im covered:D :D

YeLLowBoaT
06-20-2007, 01:44 PM
i'll start the biding at $100.

superdave013
06-20-2007, 01:51 PM
well only because you asked. sounds kinda photothunderish to me. :)

PHOTOGLOU
06-20-2007, 01:52 PM
well only because you asked. sounds kinda photothunderish to me. :)
??????????????????

purrfecttremor
06-20-2007, 01:53 PM
Wow Jay sounds like a great idea and also alot of fun.:D

RitcheyRch
06-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Excellent idea.

thumbs
06-20-2007, 01:57 PM
Ditto or trio that.

Rock-it man
06-20-2007, 02:06 PM
The thread on top of Sandbar Windy`s Sister-in-Law would be a wonderful one.
I won't be able to go on my ride ,so I will give the ride to whoever will commit to the largest donation to the Leukemia & Lymphomia Society
for Windy. Jay has agreed . This way its even tax deductable !!!!!!!!
Thanks Wayne
Liquid Technologies,LLC

Baja Big Dog
06-20-2007, 04:22 PM
Hopefully the folks sponsoring with there names on the boat have gotten the approval from their insurance companies, the liability of putting your name on anything involving racing is a real no-no to a lot of insurance companies!!!
don't want to rain on the parade, but I found out the hard way. (nothing really bad but got reamed by the insurance man!)

***boateditor
06-20-2007, 04:32 PM
Hot Boat has a website?

dirtracer
06-20-2007, 04:37 PM
hey Jay, how much to sit in the cuddy?:D

98 Vector 21
06-20-2007, 04:50 PM
Jay, I would just ask you for a ride after unloading a few more trucks for you :D ,
You never know this could be a good deal...See, if you buy him enough drinks the winner just might have to drive the boat back!!!!! How much is it up too? :idea:

whiteworks
06-20-2007, 05:09 PM
I won't be able to go on my ride ,so I will give the ride to whoever will commit to the largest donation to the Leukemia & Lymphomia Society
Thanks Wayne
Liquid Technologies,LLC
timed silent auction?
or
free for all bidding war?

LuckyStrike
06-20-2007, 05:15 PM
Thanks Wayne
Liquid Technologies,LLC
Stand Up!!!... Way to go for a great cause:)

PHOTOGLOU
06-20-2007, 05:25 PM
Thanks Wayne
Liquid Technologies,LLC
Thanks Wayne..... Please understand (As I know you do Wayne) This is approx 1 hr ROUND TRIP (Non Stop) to Catalina and back pulling a skier. WE WILL BE going and AVERAGE of 65 MPH (So some spots faster) I will need to make sure everyone's attention is on the skier..... Again Wayne & Liquid Technologies LLC. THANKS......

BoatFloating
06-20-2007, 05:35 PM
Yeah I'd do it if I can get my jacket back....

PHOTOGLOU
06-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Yeah I'd do it if I can get my jacket back....
I thought it was a sweatshirt.....

3 daytona`s
06-20-2007, 06:04 PM
Thanks Wayne
Liquid Technologies,LLC
Thanks for the CLASS ACT:)

Rock-it man
06-20-2007, 07:09 PM
timed silent auction?
or
free for all bidding war?
free for all !!!!!!!!!!!!

PHOTOGLOU
06-21-2007, 12:01 AM
I would like to wait till Liquid Technologies ride is spoken for... Then if that one goes then maybe put another one up for bid....

riverbound
06-21-2007, 12:41 AM
i think its a great idea, as long as I WIN and RB DOESNT. oh and keep the shirt i just wanna ride in that rocketship boat of yours.....im just sayin....and i have homeowners ins so im covered:D :D
LOL

riverbound
06-21-2007, 12:42 AM
Im kinda curious as to why the 2 that voted no, did:idea: then had no explanation for why it was a bad idea.

BoatFloating
06-21-2007, 06:29 AM
I thought it was a sweatshirt.....
No it was a 5K leather jacket.....:D :D You're right it was a Fox Sweatshirt....;)

PHOTOGLOU
06-21-2007, 07:35 AM
No it was a 5K leather jacket.....:D :D You're right it was a Fox Sweatshirt....;)
Well then..... I've got good news and bad news.....

Havasu1986
06-21-2007, 07:44 AM
Im kinda curious as to why the 2 that voted no, did:idea: then had no explanation for why it was a bad idea.
If you click on the poll #'s it tells how everybody voted. ;)

Jordy
06-21-2007, 07:48 AM
No it was a 5K leather jacket.....:D :D
Did you buy it from this guy... :D :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33540&stc=1&d=1182440887
and leave $4,500 in the pocket???? :idea: :jawdrop: :D

boatsnblondes
06-21-2007, 07:53 AM
I bid 200 for Windy's cause.....when is the ski race????

Rock-it man
06-21-2007, 08:12 AM
I bid 200 for Windy's cause.....when is the ski race????
Thank You , I guess it should time out Fri midnight
to be fair.
Thanks Wayne
Liquid Technologies

BoatFloating
06-21-2007, 08:36 AM
Well then..... I've got good news and bad news.....
The bad news is you lost it? And the good news you bought me a new Honda 450????:D
Did you buy it from this guy... :D :D :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=33540&stc=1&d=1182440887
and leave $4,500 in the pocket???? :idea: :jawdrop: :D
Yep that is it but there was $4,999.99 in the pocket....:jawdrop: :idea:

PHOTOGLOU
06-21-2007, 09:41 AM
The bad news is you lost it? And the good news you bought me a new Honda 450????:D
Yep that is it but there was $4,999.99 in the pocket....:jawdrop: :idea:
Close... The good news is The oil level on the boats is perfect and I didn't even get MY shirt dirty.... Bad news... UHhhhhh... well we should have a drink and talk about this.... It was an old sweatshirt/Leather jacket right:D

PHOTOGLOU
06-21-2007, 09:42 AM
Hot Boat has a website?
Yep... Its where I get to see my July issue of a magazine that I haven't recieved yet.....:D

PHOTOGLOU
06-21-2007, 09:46 AM
If you could make 100% happy with your ideas 100% of the time YOU'D be president in a week..... I kinda like that not everyone is following and speaking their mind (voteing). I don't want this to be a debate thread NOBODY WINS THOSE....

Jordy
06-21-2007, 09:51 AM
Close... The good news is The oil level on the boats is perfect and I didn't even get MY shirt dirty.... Bad news... UHhhhhh... well we should have a drink and talk about this.... It was an old sweatshirt/Leather jacket right:D
Now that's funny!!! :D :D :D

BoatFloating
06-21-2007, 09:57 AM
Oh HELL NO!!!!! I guess the better news the jacket was black and just got blacker.....:eek:
:D

whiteworks
06-21-2007, 10:15 AM
what is the date that the liquid technologies practice run?

AZJD
06-21-2007, 10:21 AM
ROLMFAO!:D :D :D

PHOTOGLOU
06-21-2007, 10:52 AM
Oh HELL NO!!!!! I guess the better news the jacket was black and just got blacker.....:eek:
:D
Yep.... Couple of shiney spots under the arm pits..... Perfect sounds like you will like it more now....

32sunrkt
06-21-2007, 11:02 AM
Under my umbrella-a-a-a-a-a... eh-eh-eh-eh.....
( lol, i just saw the word used and no cant get that friggin song outta my head ) .....
*** As for the auction, I'd definitly bid for a great cause !! For sure !!
_ R

PHOTOGLOU
06-21-2007, 01:24 PM
Under my umbrella-a-a-a-a-a... eh-eh-eh-eh.....
( lol, i just saw the word used and no cant get that friggin song outta my head ) .....
*** As for the auction, I'd definitly bid for a great cause !! For sure !!
_ R
Well there is one going on right now....

PHOTOGLOU
06-22-2007, 12:06 AM
what is the date that the liquid technologies practice run?
We have nothing finalized just yet. But it looks like a 1/2 run July 12th a full run July 14th and then again on July 17th all to take place at approx 8.30 am....

riverbound
06-22-2007, 12:32 AM
If you click on the poll #'s it tells how everybody voted. ;)
I know :)

riverbound
06-22-2007, 12:35 AM
If you could make 100% happy with your ideas 100% of the time YOU'D be president in a week..... I kinda like that not everyone is following and speaking their mind (voteing). I don't want this to be a debate thread NOBODY WINS THOSE....
I was just wondering if there was anything that they fealt was over looked, or if from a liablity stand point why it would not be a good idea. Not trying to debate. Just making sure that hopefuly all the bases are covered.
everyone is happy with my ideas, just some are less happy ;) :D

HOSS
06-22-2007, 02:48 AM
I`d have it worded that the shirt is for auction and that a ride on the boat is something you are "offering" the winner if he/she so chooses. Good luck with it. Hell, I`m in and voted yes.:D

whiteworks
06-22-2007, 09:11 AM
$300.00

Havasu1986
06-22-2007, 11:45 AM
Yep... Its where I get to see my July issue of a magazine that I haven't recieved yet.....:D
Jay...Did you get your magazine yet. I'm done with mine. I can drop it by your work if you want. :) Bobby

PHOTOGLOU
06-22-2007, 01:28 PM
Jay...Did you get your magazine yet. I'm done with mine. I can drop it by your work if you want. :) Bobby
Nope NOT YET..... My mail man must have the life... Access to thousand of magazines for weeks at a time:eek:

Havasu1986
06-22-2007, 01:33 PM
Nope NOT YET..... My mail man must have the life... Access to thousand of magazines for weeks at a time:eek:
I'm on my way then Jay...Good reason to get out of the office. :D

Rock-it man
06-23-2007, 12:20 PM
$300.00
AND The Winner is Whiteworks !!!!!!
Please send the $$ to Windy , Check the Sticky for the address. Get ahold of Jay for your ride and have fun !!!!!!
Thank You
Wayne
Liquid Technologies,llc

whiteworks
06-23-2007, 02:08 PM
Please send the $$ to Windy , Check the Sticky for the address. Get ahold of Jay for your ride and have fun !!!!!!
Thank You
Wayne
Liquid Technologies,llc
Wayne/Jay thank you
I paid on her website, looks like she is getting close to her goal:D . this particular cause hits close to home for me and a lot of others. This is really a cool thing that yourself and Jay were able to make happen. I am sure this will be an experience that I will never forget. Jay you will have my complete attention and boat bitch skills at your disposal.

PHOTOGLOU
06-23-2007, 07:41 PM
Thank You Bobby..... Faster than ***boat and the US mail....... Again Thank You

PHOTOGLOU
06-23-2007, 07:42 PM
Wayne/Jay thank you
I paid on her website, looks like she is getting close to her goal:D . this particular cause hits close to home for me and a lot of others. This is really a cool thing that yourself and Jay were able to make happen. I am sure this will be an experience that I will never forget. Jay you will have my complete attention and boat bitch skills at your disposal.
Look Forward to it.....

PHOTOGLOU
06-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Thank You
Wayne
Liquid Technologies,llc
Wayne, I need your art work when you have time.......

Havasu1986
06-23-2007, 09:04 PM
I would like to wait till Liquid Technologies ride is spoken for... Then if that one goes then maybe put another one up for bid....
Well Jay....I got some $$$ burning in my pocket. :D

PHOTOGLOU
06-24-2007, 10:27 AM
Well Jay....I got some $$$ burning in my pocket. :D
Well I need to talk to whiteworks to see which run he will be going on... If Whiteworks is going on the 1/2 run (pulling skier to Catalina and not back 1st run) I will be able to offer the full run and vice versa... I need to keep one of the full runs for the team only in the boat..... Whiteworks sent you a PM.... Jay