PDA

View Full Version : lookin for 455 Olds heads in good shape near Nor Cal

kcsteck
06-20-2007, 04:16 PM
anyone got any 455 Olds heads they could let go for fairly cheap. I dropped a valve this weekend and they in to get repaired and apparently aint worth fixin per machin shop. I had K heads but open to hear whatr you peeps might have.
Casey

mdunn01
06-20-2007, 05:23 PM
I have a complete 440 block with heads, the motor spun a main bearing. It was in my COLE and now the block is sitting at Toms shop at Jet boat performance.

kcsteck
06-20-2007, 06:09 PM
thanks but I was lookin for some OLDSMOBILE heads not a chyrsler engine? Maybe I should call Tom see if he has any. Thanks for the hint.

Taylorman
06-20-2007, 06:38 PM
How much are you looking to spend?

kcsteck
06-20-2007, 06:50 PM
taylorman your killin me..isnt that a backwards question. usually you would say I have some heads for a price. Not ask me how much I want to spend? I dont want to spend alot if I dont need to. is that a good answer? what do you have and how much you want and what shape are they in. I already have other stuff from your boat so what the heck.
Casey

HotDogz
06-20-2007, 08:44 PM
I have a set of bare Ga heads that have been checked for cracks but need a rebuild. Once you cut em for larger valves, there is little difference between the different heads. You can have em for $50 or $25 and a 12 pack of beer.:D
Im up in Sonoma county by Santa Rosa.

BAE_557
06-21-2007, 05:56 AM
I have a set of bare D casting heads from a '69 H/O on the shelf, they were checked for cracks and have been sitting for the last 10 or so years. I know what these are worth, if you want them, make an offer.

kcsteck
06-21-2007, 11:35 AM
I dont know what to offer? what is the lowest you will take? so these are the old ones where they dont need the hardened seats installed on the exhaust valves in them or somethin like that? Bare you said as in no valves or anything? what size valves do they take? send me a PM to let me know.
Casey