PDA

View Full Version : lunched the motor!!!!

watergun4u
06-20-2007, 09:17 PM
Well might be done for awhile, Was having a great time, boat was running SO dam good all day. Then coming back to the ramp, was making a sweet pass boat was set great, Then boom, dead in the water, I am thinking I may have sucked a valve, or bent a push rod, After it poped, it sounded like a rocker clanking, but i guess time will tell, going to have to rip into it and see what damage was done, but hope to have things going soon!:jawdrop: :jawdrop:

pw_Tony
06-20-2007, 09:25 PM
Owwww!!! Post some pics when you dig into it...

watergun4u
06-20-2007, 09:34 PM
Will do, I am hoping that it's not something major, but, I think that I am going to be into alot more then I want, it didnt sound to good, when she let go, and died!!!!!!!!!:idea: :idea:

watergun4u
06-21-2007, 10:41 PM
Well ripped into it today, to find out that #2 has no compreshion,so pulled the valve cover off, and low and behold, she done floated a valve, and inturn bent it, so going to pull it down and get her back to working order, hopefully there is no damage to the pistion, will know more when I pull the head off tomorrow, keeping my fingers crossed!!!:D

pw_Tony
06-21-2007, 10:47 PM
Well ripped into it today, to find out that #2 has no compreshion,so pulled the vale cover off, and low and behold, she done floated a valve, and inturn bent it, so going to pull it down and get her back to working order, hopefully there is no damage to the pistion, will know more when i pull the head off tomorrow, keeping my fingers crossed!!!:D
That doesn't sound like too bad of a fix! Some repair heads might save your ass eh?

Hallett19
06-22-2007, 10:41 AM
If thats all it is you are a lucky duck. Go buy a lottery ticket.

thatguy
06-22-2007, 10:58 AM
Check all spring pressures! Or get a throttle stop.

hotbo
06-22-2007, 11:14 AM
if you have a hyd put a solid in no more valve float.ive dropped several valves with hyd.in a jet.:mad: glad thats all it was,and yes have your springs checked

Big Kahunaa
06-22-2007, 12:27 PM
what kind of rpm's was it turnning

watergun4u
06-22-2007, 09:47 PM
what kind of rpm's was it turnning
We where turning 5800 when she let go! It was not a nice sound!:eek: :eek:

watergun4u
06-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Well all is not good, the motor is TOAST, #2#3#4 all got taged buy the valve's, but #2 took the worst of it, done broke the piston, from the rod,bent the hell out of the valve,metal all over inside the motor, so time to pull it all down and start over, I guess thats what happens when you play hard, it sucks but it's junk now,anybody got any extra parts they want to donate, I will refuse no offers,Need a set of .30 pistons,4.250 rods, maybe a crank, a set of crank bearings cam bearings!!!!!! other then that I got everything else:D Got good springs checked those and they are good, just going to step up the presure alittle, I got know one to blame but myself, I stayed in it way longer then I should have, and this is what I get for being a hotshot on the lake, but sure kicked some arse before she let go, so this time I am going to build it stronger, better,faster, Well maybe!!!! I will try to post some pics soon of the mess I got!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

76ANTHONY
06-22-2007, 10:11 PM
Well all is not good, the motor is TOAST, #2#3#4 all got taged buy the valve's, but #2 took the worst of it, done broke the piston, from the rod,bent the hell out of the valve,metal all over inside the motor, so time to pull it all down and start over, I guess thats what happens when you play hard, it sucks but it's junk now,anybody got any extra parts they want to donate, I will refuse no offers,Need a set of .30 pistons,4.250 rods, maybe a crank, a set of crank bearings cam bearings!!!!!! other then that I got everything else:D Got good springs checked those and they are good, just going to step up the presure alittle, I got know one to blame but myself, I stayed in it way longer then I should have, and this is what I get for being a hotshot on the lake, but sure kicked some arse before she let go, so this time I am going to build it stronger, better,faster, Well maybe!!!! I will try to post some pics soon of the mess I got!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
chevy? ford? olds? they all blow up when they get used hard. man that sucks. well at least ya get ta build your engine a little stronger...

watergun4u
06-22-2007, 10:33 PM
chevy? ford? olds? they all blow up when they get used hard. man that sucks. well at least ya get ta build your engine a little stronger...
Chevy, and yes they do all blow up!!!!!! and yes its going to be 468 now!!! good thing I have another block almost ready to go! just need a few parts!:)

watergun4u
06-23-2007, 02:52 PM
:confused: :eek: :mad:

watergun4u
06-24-2007, 08:33 PM
Welp, she is all tore down and its all junk!!!!!!! The crank is shot, the cam is junk, the pistons are junk, the block is toast,I got peices of metal, and alum, in the valley, My Mom always told me that when I do something to do it right, and I did just that,blow it really good! all I have left is the pretty stuff!!!, So I guess that I am done for the summer and that really stinks,Just dont have the dollars to put it back together, right now, so I guess its just going to sit, unless god drops a short block in my lap, I hope that all you have a great summer, and think of me while your out boating and I am sitting at home looking at my mess!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

hotbo
06-25-2007, 10:11 AM
Welp, she is all tore down and its all junk!!!!!!! The crank is shot, the cam is junk, the pistons are junk, the block is toast,I got peices of metal, and alum, in the valley, My Mom always told me that when I do something to do it right, and I did just that,blow it really good! all I have left is the pretty stuff!!!, So I guess that I am done for the summer and that really stinks,Just dont have the dollars to put it back together, right now, so I guess its just going to sit, unless god drops a short block in my lap, I hope that all you have a great summer, and think of me while your out boating and I am sitting at home looking at my mess!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:
hate to here that.makes me sick when shit like this happens:jawdrop: wish you the best in rounding up parts.:D

blowngas
06-25-2007, 10:32 AM
[QUOTE][/boat was running SO dam good all dayQUOTE]
yep, they always run the best right before they blow!!!----sorry to hear, just start the hunt

IMPATIENT 1
06-25-2007, 10:34 AM
[QUOTE][/boat was running SO dam good all dayQUOTE]
yep, they always run the best right before they blow!!!----sorry to hear, just start the hunt
loose is fast;) :D

watergun4u
06-26-2007, 10:45 PM
thats a fact, she was loose, and running fast!! king of the lake that day, ... well till she blow up, but by that time , is was getting dark and time to go home!:mad: with a broke boat!, :mad: :mad:

watergun4u
06-27-2007, 10:05 PM
oK HERE IT IS , i AM LOOKING FOR DONATIONS am disabled, and not working, so no money, my disabled child is wanting to go to the lake bad, so I am looking out to all of you for a shortblock to donate, one ready to put the rest together and drop in and go, my time is limited and want to have some fun with the kids before anything happens, So if you can help me out thats wonderful, If not thats fine too I understand! I am in some very hard time's right now and ,I think other on here that no me will agree!!!!!!!
thanks to all that my be able to help out a fellow hoatboater!!!!:(

watergun4u
06-27-2007, 10:58 PM
:( :eek:

pw_Tony
06-27-2007, 11:11 PM
When you find someone that'll donate a Chevy Short-block let me know cause I need one too... they might be giving away more than one:D

watergun4u
06-28-2007, 10:33 PM
LMAO! HAVENT YOU EVER HEARD OF Santa Clause,, lol:D :D
hey what the heck, its all true! not trying to scam anyone, if you can help great, if not thats great to!!!!

watergun4u
06-29-2007, 10:25 PM
I have to give a big shoutout to a fellow ***boater,not saying any name's, but he donated a 454 block 30 over to my cause, so now I am hoping some one else can maybe come through with a rotating assembly for me, or pistons,or a crank,, a big thanks to all that help, and I can promise what come's around goe's around with me, I will find someway to make it up!!!!!!:D

DansBlown73Nordic
06-30-2007, 02:21 AM
Did you ever sink a boat BEFORE??????:rolleyes:

watergun4u
06-30-2007, 09:16 AM
Did you ever sink a boat BEFORE??????:rolleyes:
yes I have why?????????:(

pw_Tony
06-30-2007, 10:09 AM
He has over 700 posts I don't think he's Later, and he has an avatar:)

watergun4u
06-30-2007, 09:54 PM
I am not LATER I have heard of him or it, but not me, alot of people on here will tell you the same thing!!!!!!!!!:idea: :idea:

watergun4u
07-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Thing's are looking up, MIGHT be back on the water before summer's over, thanks to all you fellow boater's:D