PDA

View Full Version : Best boat for sale?

boatshopper
06-20-2007, 09:24 PM
So, in your opinion, who has the best boat for sale or the best deal on ***boat?
Is it time to buy?:idea:

Tom Brown
06-20-2007, 09:25 PM
Hoolign has a smoking deal on a sleightly charred jet boat. :cool:

3 daytona`s
06-20-2007, 09:28 PM
Hoolign has a smoking deal on a sleightly charred jet boat. :cool:
We ran into your three little Maple Leafs before they headed back North :D

pw_Tony
06-20-2007, 09:30 PM
What kind of boat are you lookin for? I always thought Jet Boats were the best bang for the buck cause some of them are so damn cheap!

Baja Big Dog
06-20-2007, 09:30 PM
No, I wouldn't buy, yea right...didn't someone here say that they counted something like 127,000 boats for sale!!
"He who has the cash has the balls"
You wonder who is buying the new boats, if they are, I'm sure the manufactures wont belly up with the real numbers of boats they are building now compared to two years ago...
Any one go to the "Boat Show", bet they sold more ice chests than boats!!
Can you say buyers market.
Look in spam, and look at the boats that have been on there for 6-8 months, although I don't think Hot Boats forum is the place to sell a boat, lot of tire kickers shopping here.

MRS FLYIN VEE
06-20-2007, 09:32 PM
So, in your opinion, who has the best boat for sale or the best deal on ***boat?
what kind of boat do you want?
how much do you want to spend?
have you checked the spam section?
there is a real nice 22' Ultra for sale. :D

ManOnTheRun
06-20-2007, 09:34 PM
more of an opinion thread. But seems like the standard Havasu ride is 26'-30'. Vee or Cat. Open for due to the heat and to carry a group.
What kind of boat are you lookin for? I always thought Jet Boats were the best bang for the buck cause some of them are so damn cheap!

finsfan4life
06-20-2007, 09:35 PM
beaverretriever clearly has the best (slightly used) boat for sale by far....

ManOnTheRun
06-20-2007, 09:38 PM
I think the key word you have here is "if they are". Are new boats getting on the water? Or are dealers sweatin?
No, I wouldn't buy, yea right...didn't someone here say that they counted something like 127,000 boats for sale!!
You wonder who is buying the new boats, if they are, I'm sure the manufactures wont belly up with the real numbers of boats they are building now compared to two years ago...
Look in spam, and look at the boats that have been on there for 6-8 months, although I don't think Hot Boats forum is the place to sell a boat, lot of tire kickers shopping here.

ManOnTheRun
06-20-2007, 09:39 PM
I just listed mine cause I think we'll see winter get slow.

boatshopper
06-20-2007, 09:48 PM
I wanted to stick with the main, west coast builders. Someone who will be around and has a great name. Dare I say, great resale!?! Don't want to drop half my money after a year...like you see with cars. But something with a 496ho or bigger that runs good, but no need to do 80+. Deckboats seem popular.

Baja Big Dog
06-20-2007, 09:51 PM
I wanted to stick with the main, west coast builders. Someone who will be around and has a great name. Dare I say, great resale!?! Don't want to drop half my money after a year...like you see with cars. But something with a 496ho or bigger that runs good, but no need to do 80+. Deckboats seem popular.
If thats the case, I would lease the boat!!!:idea:

cdog
06-20-2007, 09:52 PM
http://www.***boat.com/classifieds/detail.php?siteid=1404

fatboy95
06-20-2007, 09:56 PM
Depends on what you want. You want to spend $5k or $700k. There is no best boat. Give yourself an enema and get back to us in a year or so.

bordsmnj
06-20-2007, 09:56 PM
Badblown572's boat is a killer deal.

riverbound
06-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Change your name to boatbuyer and come up with a list of what you are actualy looking for.
I know of 2 phenominal deals right now. 1 is a 22ft Ultra jet and the other is a carerra 257. 2 comletely different boats but none the less great buys.

boatshopper
06-20-2007, 10:05 PM
it was more about are there deals out there? What would be a good buy right now from 50k-80k in "your" opinion? Was more related to the industry. Are we headed for a boat recession? Or is now the best time to grab something cheap.
Not sure what the enema statement was for?
Did I strike a chord?
Depends on what you want. You want to spend $5k or $700k. There is no best boat. Give yourself an enema and get back to us in a year or so.

boatshopper
06-20-2007, 10:06 PM
good one. What up with the 257?
Change your name to boatbuyer and come up with a list of what you are actualy looking for.
I know of 2 phenominal deals right now. 1 is a 22ft Ultra jet and the other is a carerra 257. 2 comletely different boats but none the less great buys.

riverbound
06-20-2007, 10:23 PM
good one. What up with the 257?
Here are the links to both boats. both of them are owned by good fiends of mine who have too many boats to use them now.
The Ultra is a beautiful boat and is as new as you can get buying used (maybe a hand full of hours)
22 Stealth (http://www.***boat.com/FORUMS/showthread.php?t=132430)
The Carerra is also a smoking deal that is priced to move, thisone was built by him while he was at Carerra and now owns the howard custom cruiser molds and needs this boat gone to have operating capital for hi snew business venture.this one was built by him to be a keeper. I have driven this numerous times and it is a dream to drive. and everything about it is top notch.
carerra257 (http://www.***boat.com/FORUMS/showthread.php?t=152315)

JMC
06-20-2007, 10:44 PM
it was more about are there deals out there? What would be a good buy right now from 50k-80k in "your" opinion? Was more related to the industry. Are we headed for a boat recession? Or is now the best time to grab something cheap.
Not sure what the enema statement was for?
Did I strike a chord?
I think after the 4th you will see quite a few more deals popping up. There are some great buys out there right now but people aren't dropping the money like they were in the past few years. They can't! Sure you have the folks that have the coin to spend on whatever they want and you have the folks that stretch things to make it happen. The stretchers are having to bail. The Feds will likely raise rates again this summer until inflation cools and that will just soften things even more. Who can afford a long term 8-10% interest rate on a used rig? Wait, let me rephrase that. Who is dumb enough to spend 150k (principle and interest) on a 75k boat over the course of 20 years? The answer: Half of the so called "Ballers" out there. The price of fuel sure as hell isn't helping things either. I think this fall you will find some real deals. You will find folks that NEED to sell. You will have some peeps holding out in the fall talking about selling in the spring or "after the boat show"...thats BS those are the ones you will see in the bank parking lot 3 months later:jawdrop:

pw_Tony
06-20-2007, 10:56 PM
Badblown572's boat is a killer deal.
The boats he's building look frickin sick!!!:D :D :D

riverbound
06-20-2007, 10:59 PM
I think after the 4th you will see quite a few more deals popping up. There are some great buys out there right now but people aren't dropping the money like they were in the past few years. They can't! Sure you have the folks that have the coin to spend on whatever they want and you have the folks that stretch things to make it happen. The stretchers are having to bail. The Feds will likely raise rates again this summer until inflation cools and that will just soften things even more. Who can afford a long term 8-10% interest rate on a used rig? Wait, let me rephrase that. Who is dumb enough to spend 150k (principle and interest) on a 75k boat over the course of 20 years? The answer: Half of the so called "Ballers" out there. The price of fuel sure as hell isn't helping things either. I think this fall you will find some real deals. You will find folks that NEED to sell. You will have some peeps holding out in the fall talking about selling in the spring or "after the boat show"...thats BS those are the ones you will see in the bank parking lot 3 months later:jawdrop:
while I agree with most of your post...the thing you have to look at is most of the people that have long term financing cant drop the price because they still have pretty much the same balance owed on the boat. There is a limit as to how much they can drop the price due to the balance owed. I would venture most of the boats for sale are already at that level.

Keith E. Sayre
06-20-2007, 11:15 PM
I'm going to say that the industry on the west coast is
off by 20% or so mostly due to the housing market mellowing out. It is also a proven fact that since the 60's
there is a trend in the US marine market that every 5th year, the business peaks and then slumps and starts going
again. This is the slump year.
Also, that Carrera 257 of Bad Blown 's is a great buy.
Just my opinion. Also Paul Carters 06 Magic Cat for
$85,000 loaded and like new.
Keith Sayre

JMC
06-20-2007, 11:24 PM
while I agree with most of your post...the thing you have to look at is most of the people that have long term financing cant drop the price because they still have pretty much the same balance owed on the boat. There is a limit as to how much they can drop the price due to the balance owed. I would venture most of the boats for sale are already at that level.
You are right. But in time they will have to find a way to cover the loss in principle unless things firm up for them and the economy. I mean, do you dump roughly 3k a year in interest on a already used....lets say 50k boat for 20 yrs at 7.5%. The book value will probably drop 8-12k in 2-3 years and then faster in the next few.

riverbound
06-20-2007, 11:31 PM
You are right. But in time they will have to find a way to cover the loss in principle unless things firm up for them and the economy. I mean, do you dump roughly 3k a year in interest on a already used....lets say 50k boat for 20 yrs at 7.5%. The book value will probably drop 8-12k in 2-3 years and then faster in the next few.
If they get to the point wherethey cant afford to use it, then how will they be able to come up with the $$ to take a hit on it and sell at a loss. Its a vicious cycle that keeping up with the Jones' gig. ;)

JMC
06-21-2007, 05:57 AM
If they get to the point wherethey cant afford to use it, then how will they be able to come up with the $$ to take a hit on it and sell at a loss. Its a vicious cycle that keeping up with the Jones' gig. ;)
Some people will have enough sense to cut their losses and go on. Most people buying upper end boats have some cash around...and if they don't they shouldn't be buying a boat, they should be buying a jet ski. Some will continue to pay until they can't any more. Some are already there. I know what you mean though, it's a tough situation to have to face.

hava life
06-21-2007, 06:22 AM
I don't know if there will be any better deals then what there are now. If the people that have loans on thier boats need to get out of them they will have to sell for at least the payoff. If they didn't put much down then I would not beleive this would be a deal. When you get a loan for 15+ years on a boat like alot of people have done I don't see them being able to sell for a good deal I think this would be more of taking over someones mistake. The real deal would be on a paid off boat that someone needs the cash for:D

burtandnancy2
06-21-2007, 06:38 AM
See my memo in "Spam" regarding the best deal on a 27 Hallett...

Sandbar Mike
06-21-2007, 06:56 AM
By Far, The best deal on ***boat!;) :D
$72,000.00, No Tax, Insurance $650 per yr.
29 CAT, Showroom Condition
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/40Hot_Boat.JPG

Tunnel Vision
06-21-2007, 07:22 AM
Of course it's a great time to buy! :D
I my opinion Tunnel vision has the "Best boat" and "Best Deal" for you.
I think I have what your looking for, 2000 DCB Mach 22 with Twin 2.5 Drags!
Check it out in the spam section!
TV

boatsnblondes
06-21-2007, 07:24 AM
I have a 21' Hallet Vector, nice boat, rebuilt, great condition.....$65,000.....should be in the spam section....send me a pm and I'll get you some more pics........

BADBLOWN572
06-21-2007, 07:42 AM
The 257 that Riverbound & BoardsmnJ are referencing belongs to me. Like they said, I built that boat back when I was rigging for Carrera. I did it right the first time. I can assure you that there is no better deal out there for what it is. It has ALL of the best hardware on it. :) It is already priced approximately $10K under what the NADA says the average retail is. NADA also doesn't take into account 1/2 of the options we put into the boat. It is by far the cleanest 257 that has ever come out of the Carrera shop.
I love the boat, but I need the $$$ to put into my new business. I have the pink slip in hand and ready to deliver the boat to anyone with the $$$. Andy01 also said that he could probaly get someone financed on the boat with 0% down (if good credit).
I would love to hang on to the boat, but I have no need for it. I am trying to get my new boats up and running and the $$$ would definitely help. I honestly believe that the 257 is the best riding and handling boat in it's size range. No problems running 70+ across the white caps in Parker on Memorial Day.
Someone is going to end up with a perfect boat at a great price! :)
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1598Memorial_Day_07_021.JPG

HocusPocus
06-21-2007, 08:14 AM
I don't know if there will be any better deals then what there are now. If the people that have loans on thier boats need to get out of them they will have to sell for at least the payoff. If they didn't put much down then I would not beleive this would be a deal. When you get a loan for 15+ years on a boat like alot of people have done I don't see them being able to sell for a good deal I think this would be more of taking over someones mistake. The real deal would be on a paid off boat that someone needs the cash for:D
lots of folks bought their boats (and other toys) with money from their home equity or re-fi, so they paid "cash" for their stuff. so now if your sitting on an 80,000+ boat with a title in hand and you can no longer afford to keep your house or make your payments on the equity line what do you do? at first you hope that the start of the summer season will find you a buyer who will pay your asking price and when that doesn't happen you start dropping your price as the summer is in full swing. before you know it, its september and you still have this boat but now interest rates are going even higher on the equity line, do you hold out for top dollar or do you take what you can get?
the used boat market may seem to be flooded right now but i believe that its only starting. there is almost 100 more pages in the boat trader last month as there were a year ago for the same month. most are still trying to get top dollar but that will change the closer winter gets here.
IMO the really good deals in the spam section here are sold very quickly.

beaverretriever
06-21-2007, 08:32 AM
beaverretriever clearly has the best (slightly used) boat for sale by far....
Thanks.. .I don't know if it is the best, but definitely one of the better looking and GUARANTEED the cleanest.:D

andy01
06-21-2007, 08:54 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot the sky is falling don't buy.......... :)
If you want a deck boat but don't want to spend 125K then buy the 257 in this thread and be done with it.
Andy

unleashed
06-21-2007, 08:59 AM
I just sold my boat to the roxysnows for 110k. I think its one of the best deals out there right now. Im glad its going to some ***boat peeps so I can still bum a ride once in awhile! :D I'll be there this weekend giving them a shakedown on the boat!
Deano
UnleashedHardcoreApparel (http://www.unleashedclothing.com)
Unleashedmyspace (http://www.myspace.com/unleashedhardcore)

RiverFF
06-21-2007, 02:28 PM
Need to get rid of it soon. Call or email for more pics.

BOBALOO
06-21-2007, 03:18 PM
I just sold my boat to the roxysnows for 110k. I think its one of the best deals out there right now. Im glad its going to some ***boat peeps so I can still bum a ride once in awhile! :D I'll be there this weekend giving them a shakedown on the boat!
Deano
:eek: I knew Kevin was up to something:D Good for them, and me since I am boatless:D

NashvilleBound
06-21-2007, 04:17 PM
me

Mrs.Killer
06-21-2007, 04:33 PM
Deano
WOW, BALLERS