PDA

View Full Version : New to the boards

Big Inch
06-20-2007, 10:47 PM
Not to boating just have been out of it for a while. Motor got hurt a little and decided to tear it down then one thing led to another and life got in the way, etc.... Anyways motor's out and am hoping to be back on the water soon. Trying to decide what exactly to do with the motor right now whether it's just a refresher or if I should make a cam change and all. What's the going rate for a straight rebuild right now on a BB Chevy, rings and bearings basically. Got a quote right now for 7500 to change the cam and switch it to a hydraulic roller which is a big chunk of change right now but not sure how much less it would be for just the basics.
Anyways hello to everyone and hope to be able to see many of you soon on the river.

deltarat
06-21-2007, 05:46 AM
Not to boating just have been out of it for a while. Motor got hurt a little and decided to tear it down then one thing led to another and life got in the way, etc.... Anyways motor's out and am hoping to be back on the water soon. Trying to decide what exactly to do with the motor right now whether it's just a refresher or if I should make a cam change and all. What's the going rate for a straight rebuild right now on a BB Chevy, rings and bearings basically. Got a quote right now for 7500 to change the cam and switch it to a hydraulic roller which is a big chunk of change right now but not sure how much less it would be for just the basics.
Anyways hello to everyone and hope to be able to see many of you soon on the river.
Welcome to the board, I tried to PM you but couldn't so if you can PM me your phone number I can help save you alot of $$

SummerBreeze
06-21-2007, 05:48 AM
you must post pictures of your boat and GF/Wife

RitcheyRch
06-21-2007, 06:14 AM
Welcome aboard. Good luck with getting the boat fixed.

havasurat27
06-21-2007, 07:01 AM
Welcome to the craziness! Now get your shiat fixed and get to the lake!:)

HavaSkank
06-21-2007, 07:14 AM
Oh. This is a boating website? Who knew!

havasu522
06-21-2007, 07:20 AM
Welcome Seems to be alot of Simi peeps in this sandbox

Big Inch
06-21-2007, 07:21 AM
Welcome to the board, I tried to PM you but couldn't so if you can PM me your phone number I can help save you alot of $$
Not sure what the deal is with my pms but it appears the administrator has not enabled my account yet for private messaging:confused: :confused: See if I can find a troubleshooting section or something. You can email me direct at edgar4loans@yahoo.com.
thank you

Big Inch
06-21-2007, 07:24 AM
you must post pictures of your boat and GF/Wife
You want pictures of the boat before I blew it up or as it sits now in pieces.
You want pictures of the wife before :sqeyes: :sqeyes: :sqeyes:
J/K she still looks just as good. I'll have to put up some pics of both and maybe some of the work in progress..

Baja Big Dog
06-21-2007, 07:38 AM
Oh. This is a boating website? Who knew!
Dam...I gotta get out from under this fricken rock more often!!!:D

Baja Big Dog
06-21-2007, 07:42 AM
You want pictures of the boat before I blew it up or as it sits now in pieces.
You want pictures of the wife before :sqeyes: :sqeyes: :sqeyes:
J/K she still looks just as good. I'll have to put up some pics of both and maybe some of the work in progress..
You are new...you get a picture of some hottie you find on the Internet, and post it, us dumb shits don't know any better, and we will like you more because we think you have a hot wife!!!
Come on get with it...
Besides even if you r wife is hot you don't want her picture on Hot Boats, the fame and recognition wont even allow to go grocery shopping without being stopped!:jawdrop:

topless
06-21-2007, 07:43 AM
Welcome aboard. Most of us are really nice people

BADBLOWN572
06-21-2007, 07:47 AM
If you are looking for a NEW motor, I can get you a new 510cid engine that puts out 600h.p. & 640 ft/lbs of torque for about $13K. It has all new components, aluminum heads, deamon carb, MSD, etc... It also comes with a 1 year 100% warranty on it and is fully dynoed. All you would have to do is to swap out your marine hardware and install.
A lot of the time it is better to go that direction than to rebuild. :)

Jyruiz
Does that include you? :D

tamalewagon
Topless bites on occasion though...:D :D :D
Welcome to the boards.

Big Inch
06-21-2007, 09:41 AM
If you are looking for a NEW motor, I can get you a new 510cid engine that puts out 600h.p. & 640 ft/lbs of torque for about $13K. It has all new components, aluminum heads, deamon carb, MSD, etc... It also comes with a 1 year 100% warranty on it and is fully dynoed. All you would have to do is to swap out your marine hardware and install.
A lot of the time it is better to go that direction than to rebuild. :)
Thanks for the offer but I'm not looking to downgrade ;)
Just teasing I'm sure that is a great deal but the motor is far from worn out and after pulling it and viewing the internals it was far from needing a rebuild it just needed a repair to the heads but figured since I had it apart and it had 70 hours on it I would freshen it up. Just took waaaaaay to long to get around to it.

Mrs. 20
06-21-2007, 09:43 AM
Hi! Welcome to the insanity. :D

Nord
06-21-2007, 09:54 AM
Heyooooo!!!!!!
~NORD~

Big Inch
06-21-2007, 10:02 AM
You are new...you get a picture of some hottie you find on the Internet, and post it, us dumb shits don't know any better, and we will like you more because we think you have a hot wife!!!
Come on get with it...
Besides even if you r wife is hot you don't want her picture on Hot Boats, the fame and recognition wont even allow to go grocery shopping without being stopped!:jawdrop:
Thank you for the advice in regards to not placing an actual picture of my wife on the board but I will post one of her anyways. She really doesn't mind the added attention. You know those overly self-conscious women. They need all the ego boosts they can get.
Wife pic.
http://www.eyeballson.com/jessica_simpson/jessica_simpson13.jpg

deltarat
06-21-2007, 10:03 AM
Not sure what the deal is with my pms but it appears the administrator has not enabled my account yet for private messaging:confused: :confused: See if I can find a troubleshooting section or something. You can email me direct at edgar4loans@yahoo.com.
thank you
email sent

Big Inch
06-21-2007, 10:59 AM
First off. Thank you all for welcoming me to the board. Look forward to making new friends on here and possibly on the water. I didn't have any pics of the boat from the digital camera so I scanned an actual picture of it on the water. Hopefully won't look to blurry. I'll have to take some pics of the big empty spot in the hull where the motor should be and post them too :jawdrop:
On the sandbar
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/5904/boatwi7.jpg
Wifey playing god (please don't bother at the grocery store she needs to hurry home and make me dinner.)
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/7738/wifeykl2.jpg

CarBizIndio
06-21-2007, 11:02 AM
HA

Hardly Satisfied
06-21-2007, 11:04 AM
welcome aboard