PDA

View Full Version : Ford Truck Tech. ???

JB in so cal
06-21-2007, 06:40 AM
The horn in my truck started blaring this morning at 3:30 - not the honk-honk-honk type, but a continous blaring. Finally got to the battery and disconnected the ground. I'm sure my neigbors are loving me, today:D
Any ideas what would cause it?
And you can keep the "shoulda got a cheby" chit;)

98 Vector 21
06-21-2007, 06:42 AM
I would start with the horn pad, be carefull of the air bag may require special tool to unbolt it!

caroftheweek
06-21-2007, 06:57 AM
The horn in my truck started blaring this morning at 3:30 - not the honk-honk-honk type, but a continous blaring. Finally got to the battery and disconnected the ground. I'm sure my neigbors are loving me, today:D
I just had to deal with this. it was the contact under the airbag. simple fix for the dealer....for a Chevy dealer anyway...:D :)

JB in so cal
06-21-2007, 07:02 AM
I just had to deal with this. it was the contact under the airbag. simple fix for the dealer....for a Chevy dealer anyway...:D :)
Why you gotta hate? And change that avitar...I saw that tihng last weekend, btw:idea:

Big Kahunaa
06-21-2007, 07:11 AM
posabley the clock spring under the wheel

phebus
06-21-2007, 07:18 AM
I think RR set you up, so when you ran outside he could sneak a peek at your wife. :D

JB in so cal
06-21-2007, 07:19 AM
I think RR set you up, so when you ran outside he could sneak a peek at your wife. :D
He's been busy. First with the boat motor, and now this.:idea:

BarryMac
06-21-2007, 07:22 AM
You and RiverRoyal better quit having sex in the front seat of your truck, it's a crew cab, give the little guy some head room for god sakes... :D :D

Ziggy
06-21-2007, 07:59 AM
You and RiverRoyal better quit having sex in the front seat of your truck, it's a crew cab, give the little guy some head room for god sakes... :D :D
LOL, I thought maybe he hit it with his fist as he was punching his clown :D:D

caroftheweek
06-21-2007, 08:01 AM
Why you gotta hate? And change that avitar...I saw that tihng last weekend, btw:idea:
As soon as the new one arrives (Saturday) the avatar will be changed. I hope the new owners appreciate and care for that boat like we did. I miss her...
you going out this weekend?

phebus
06-21-2007, 08:08 AM
As soon as the new one arrives (Saturday) the avatar will be changed. I hope the new owners appreciate and care for that boat like we did. I miss her...
you going out this weekend?
Freakin' pontoon owner, get a life. :D
This weekend huh? We will look for you.

pixilatedpussy
06-21-2007, 08:10 AM
Call our shop & talk to Brian ( our in house mechanic);)

OutCole'd
06-21-2007, 08:11 AM
He's been busy. First with the boat motor, and now this.:idea:
:confused:

SummerBreeze
06-21-2007, 08:31 AM
You got in late and the horn pad was the best place to nap

JB in so cal
06-21-2007, 08:41 AM
I always wanted to see what an airbag looks like. I'm going in:)
Thanks, Pixie. I'm heading down to Capo Ford.
http://www.formfunctionemotion.net/i/cool_tools_activity_set.jpg

Baja Big Dog
06-21-2007, 08:43 AM
look in the mirror, and see if it says DROF imprinted on yor forehead!!!:eek:

Ziggy
06-21-2007, 10:24 AM
:confused:
He had a vacuum hose dangling in his bilge..........:D:D