PDA

View Full Version : Computer Gurus....HELP!!!

NOTALENT
02-14-2006, 04:03 PM
So last night I was on ***boat...and the whole computer froze. I tried restarting it and doing the whole cntrl alt deltete thing...and that didnt work...so I go to restart it and now when it boots The first thing I get is a message...
NTLDR is missing. Press Ctrl alt del to reboot.
I do this and it keeps repeating this....any advice...did I crash the system???

Essex29
02-14-2006, 04:05 PM
So last night I was on ***boat...and the whole computer froze. I tried restarting it and doing the whole cntrl alt deltete thing...and that didnt work...so I go to restart it and now when it boots The first thing I get is a message...
you're screwed....missing the NTLDR :jawdrop:

NOTALENT
02-14-2006, 04:06 PM
you're screwed....missing the NTLDR :jawdrop:
Really????

cxr133
02-14-2006, 04:09 PM
wait:
is there a floppy in the drive??
if not your screwed!! you have to reinstall the operating system

NOTALENT
02-14-2006, 04:11 PM
nope...no floppy or disk in the drives. I dont think my CP came with the XP disc either..I think it was pre installed. I have to look around. How can it just delete or disappear??

djunkie
02-14-2006, 04:12 PM
nope...no floppy or disk in the drives. I dont think my CP came with the XP disc either..I think it was pre installed. I have to look around. How can it just delete or disappear??
Its a complete mystery. I have a theory about it, but if I told you then I would have to kill you. :rollside:

NOTALENT
02-14-2006, 04:13 PM
Its a complete mystery. I have a theory about it, but if I told you then I would have to kill you. :rollside:
Im willing to take my chances... :mad: :crossx:

spectratoad
02-14-2006, 04:14 PM
NTLDR= No Talent Lost Da Ram.
Not a computer guy but had to post something useless.

cxr133
02-14-2006, 04:15 PM
i dont think he has the CD....

Stoneman
02-14-2006, 04:16 PM
You need to boot off the disk. as soon as you start you pc, press f12 or del what ever it says in order to change the set up (cmos). then change the boot sequence to boot off of the D: drive (cdrom) first. You will need a windows disk for this.

*BN*
02-14-2006, 04:20 PM
Odd are you system is fine. The problem is that the files "boot.ini" in your root directory has bad information with in it......so it can't find your "ntldr"
This what a "boot.ini" file looks like:
[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOW S
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn
My money says the does not read disc 0 or partition 1 or whatever yours should be.
If you have sensitive information on the drive that you can not stand to loose. You can always do one of the following.
1. Access the the current drive with 3rd party software and edit the boot.ini file.
2. Partition this drive into 2 partitions and re-install windows on the new partition. More than likely the data on the old partition (original) will be accessible.
3. Buy a new hard drive and install it as the primary and install windows on it. After your up on the new drive you will / should have access to the 2nd drive and its information.
4. No more late night bullshit posts from you, only during work hours now. LOL

Racer277
02-14-2006, 04:21 PM
Try this:
Official MS Response (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320397/en-us)

NOTALENT
02-14-2006, 04:22 PM
Right, I read that after my post.
NoTalent. Check your PMs in a minute.
Message Sent.

NOTALENT
02-14-2006, 04:24 PM
Odd are you system is fine. The problem is that the files "boot.ini" in your root directory has bad information with in it......so it can't find your "ntldr"
This what a "boot.ini" file looks like:
[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOW S
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn
My money says the does not read disc 0 or partition 1 or whatever yours should be.
If you have sensitive information on the drive that you can not stand to loose. You can always do one of the following.
1. Access the the current drive with 3rd party software and edit the boot.ini file.
2. Partition this drive into 2 partitions and re-install windows on the new partition. More than likely the data on the old partition (original) will be accessible.
3. Buy a new hard drive and install it as the primary and install windows on it. After your up on the new drive you will / should have access to the 2nd drive and its information.
4. No more late night bullshit posts from you, only during work hours now. LOL
Haha...fock option 4. that doesnt sound fun!!! lol... I do need alot of the information on here. Damn ***boat!!!! :mad: :rollside:

lewiville
02-14-2006, 05:43 PM
I saw buy a new confuser for $500 Dell and call it a day :cool:

beever_retreever
02-14-2006, 10:16 PM
Here's another reference for you:
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000465.htm
For 2k and XP
If this doesn't work and you don't have your reinstallation cd, you can try googling "win2krepair". Look for an .iso file you can burn to bootable cd. This will attempt to repair the current install. Only downside is that the system runs it's "sysprep" after it's done.

bigq
02-14-2006, 10:34 PM
Yeah, check the floppy drive or the CDRom first. Eject all media.
You wont need to re-install the OS though.
I am going to guess that your using XP. If so, follow these steps. (I stole this from another site cause its easier than remembering and typing it all out)
Insert the Windows XP CD into the computer.
When prompted to press any key to boot from the CD, press any key.
Once in the Windows XP setup menu press the "R" key to repair Windows.
You will then be prompted for your administrator password, enter that password.
Copy the below two files to the root directory of the primary hard disk. In the below example we are copying these files from the CD-ROM drive letter "E". This letter may be different on your computer.
copy e:\i386\ntldr c:\
copy e:\i386\ntdetect.com c:\
Once both of these files have been successfully copied, remove the CD from the computer and reboot.
This is you're best bet. You could also of had a hard drive crash among other things. Their is a reason it just froze on you.