PDA

View Full Version : Hey Froggy... any hits on the 710 Ilmor?

Jordy
06-21-2007, 02:35 PM
That thing should be scary fast as it was moving with the 550. :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
Another great update if anyone missed it. Worth being on the mailing list for. :D
http://www.tridentboats.com/news/34/index2.cfm

blown dough
06-21-2007, 03:36 PM
We just got 710's in our boat.

riverbound
06-21-2007, 04:03 PM
Congrats Wes!!! I havent received any of the update letters in quite some time and read this one. sounds like things are starting to turn.

Froggystyle
06-21-2007, 04:50 PM
No hits yet, but it just went out really, so I expect some calls tomorrow. It won't last long at that price, but I really want to see if we can get it past 110 with a normally aspirated V-10...
What is a bit disturbing is the sheer number of broken e-mails and returned to senders we got. I think a lot of folks have been switching carriers and our registrations didn't keep up with them...
If you should have gotten the update, but didn't... drop me an e-mail at wes@tridentboats.com and I will get one right out to you and get you back on the e-mail list.
See you all out at the river... if I ever make it out there again! :D
Wes

AZKC
06-21-2007, 04:54 PM
It won't last long at that price, but I really want to see if we can get it past 110 with a normally aspirated V-10...
:eek: :eek: Now that would be something:)

Froggystyle
06-21-2007, 05:08 PM
Not really... "something" was going 93 with a 550... 110 with a 710 would be flat out stupefying... :D

Phat Matt
06-21-2007, 05:48 PM
Go get those boats built.
Congrats. :)

AZKC
06-21-2007, 06:40 PM
Not really... "something" was going 93 with a 550... 110 with a 710 would be flat out stupefying... :D
"Prepare for Ludicrous speed!"
http://images.google.com/url?q=http://www.thatsstupid.net/pie/images/Dark_Helmet.jpg&usg=AFQjCNHL7hkxqzEikBXo3VJ5uPmeqgpJDQ

socalmofo
06-21-2007, 06:55 PM
Wes,
Why don't you build a line of boats? Like a 24' 26' 28' Cat and your deck. Maybe even a 30' - 32' V or Cat? I'm sure you have been asked this a million times. If your boat is putting up numbers like they are then these other sizes would sell like crazy. 110 in a deck boat is cool but that speed would be better used in a closed bow cat or a bigger V Hull which would appeal to a ton of buyers!
Just a thought.

INSman
06-21-2007, 07:08 PM
Potential drive issues ??!!?? This is VERY tempting :D

Lightning
06-21-2007, 08:45 PM
Wes,
Why don't you build a line of boats? Like a 24' 26' 28' Cat and your deck. Maybe even a 30' - 32' V or Cat? I'm sure you have been asked this a million times. If your boat is putting up numbers like they are then these other sizes would sell like crazy. 110 in a deck boat is cool but that speed would be better used in a closed bow cat or a bigger V Hull which would appeal to a ton of buyers!
Just a thought.
I'm sure it's just a matter of time until this happens... He probably needs to get some of what he already can build out the door before he spends more money tooling up new molds...

Jyruiz
06-21-2007, 09:12 PM
Good luck Wes, that is a great deal.

Jordy
06-22-2007, 12:10 AM
Potential drive issues ??!!?? This is VERY tempting :D
There was talk of a twin turbo with a Weismann, so it seems that there realy are no limits to the ludicrity that can be proposed. ;)

INSman
06-22-2007, 07:11 AM
There was talk of a twin turbo with a Weismann, so it seems that there realy are no limits to the ludicrity that can be proposed. ;)
Only what the checkbook would bear I imagine :D

Jordy
06-22-2007, 07:25 AM
Only what the checkbook would bear I imagine :D
I'm kicking around the idea of a quad-turbo with a #6 hanging off the back. I just need somebody elses checkbook for it though. :D :D :D

OutCole'd
06-22-2007, 07:29 AM
Any idea what this would cost for insurance?

LHC30Victory
06-22-2007, 07:31 AM
I still want to see a TURBINE with that twin squirter pump thingy! :jawdrop:

Froggystyle
06-22-2007, 07:47 AM
Any idea what this would cost for insurance?
The 550 running 89.6 as per Powerboat magazine ( ;) ) is about 800 per year. Mine, regardless of engine size is covered by my overall liability insurance at work since ostensibly it will only be used for promotion so I couldn't break it out. Strangely, the second boat that went 70ish with the 850 hp turbo motor and the jet will drop in insurance going to the 625 Ilmor (less than 600 at the propshaft) from $1200 or so for the forced induction to around a grand I believe.
Not being a tunnel hull, and my relationship with the insurance companies with the "Tri-Hydro" hull has really done all of the heavy lifting. The underwriters recognize the serious safety and efficiency increase and have responded favorably for us. Progressive has the boat listed as a "runabout" in fact.
We are going to tool several new designs, as soon as I make enough money to cover my house payment for the first time in five years. :D I chose this size because it is the most popular size of performance boat. Big enough to take down any lake chop with ease, small enough to be easily trailered and launched by one person. We will most likely not go smaller, but have plans for a closed deck version of this hull but a little longer, a 34 or so with twins, a military/law enforcement/rescue variant slightly larger but with outboard power and some new stuff I don't want to talk about...
More is on the horizon. This is just the first thing we have built. Until I am building all of the boats I can in this size out of two molds, I don't see re-tooling for additional markets just yet. It is without a doubt the fastest, smoothest riding, most efficient, highest quality and well thought out deck on the market. There are lots of decks being sold. This model should keep me pretty busy! :D

Froggystyle
06-22-2007, 07:50 AM
I still want to see a TURBINE with that twin squirter pump thingy! :jawdrop:
A turbine really wouldn't make THAT much more power than my turbo motor set on kill, and that managed to squeeze out a 78 once. The intake is a dog, and I don't think it would do much more than that.
The 28 Carrerra they put a turbine in was doing 70's. Put a stern drive on either of those boats and see where it goes...

BADBLOWN572
06-22-2007, 08:07 AM
A turbine really wouldn't make THAT much more power than my turbo motor set on kill, and that managed to squeeze out a 78 once. The intake is a dog, and I don't think it would do much more than that.
The 28 Carrerra they put a turbine in was doing 70's. Put a stern drive on either of those boats and see where it goes...
The turbine Carrera was a PITA. It would only do mid 70's, but it would jump out of the water. It just hit a brick wall at around 70. My dad had the same boat and with full interior & a 496ho it would run mid 60's. That dual pump jet setup was definitely not the best for the boat. :( Very inefficient at top end and required a lot of power to run. :(

Big Warlock
06-22-2007, 08:07 AM
I'm kicking around the idea of a quad-turbo with a #6 hanging off the back. I just need somebody elses checkbook for it though. :D :D :D
The answer is NO!! :D

Froggystyle
06-22-2007, 08:37 AM
Just talk Corinna into it Jordy... you will be in there... :D

OutCole'd
06-22-2007, 08:40 AM
Just talk Corinna into it Jordy... you will be in there... :D
Now that's marketing......:D

INSman
06-22-2007, 08:57 AM
Hey
I want a ride on the 550 boat, but you need to get rid of all the drunken hookers first :eek: :D

Make it a Double
06-22-2007, 09:20 AM
Just Pay in Hundies:D :D

RiverToysJas
06-22-2007, 09:39 AM
The 550 running 89.6 as per Powerboat magazine ( ;) ) is about 800 per year.
Full coverage? .....Sounds low for a boat that'd cost 6 figures to replace (not sure what the price as tested was though).
Me thinks I might need to shop around for new insurance on the Lavey.... ;)
RTJas :D

Froggystyle
06-22-2007, 10:56 AM
Hey
I want a ride on the 550 boat, but you need to get rid of all the drunken hookers first :eek: :D
So you were at Desert Storm I take it? :D
The 550 boat is in Indianapolis with a whole new crew of drunks on it by now. The 625 will be moving off to Havasu here shortly after we test it for Rob and see how it all works.
I can't wait.

Jordy
06-22-2007, 11:28 AM
What do you have against drunken hookers??? :idea:
Is there more to the paint scheme than you're letting on here??? :D :D :D

XTRM22
06-22-2007, 12:07 PM
That ride across the Havasu chop with the 550 sold me. You know if I could afford it and wasn't so deeply brain washed into the Koolade cult.:D Congrats Wes it's great to see you moving some boats.
Chuck

Froggystyle
06-22-2007, 01:08 PM
That ride across the Havasu chop with the 550 sold me. You know if I could afford it and wasn't so deeply brain washed into the Koolade cult.:D Congrats Wes it's great to see you moving some boats.
Chuck
Thanks Chuck!
I loved the look on your face when we were quartering the chop going over 70... I believe the last time you had been in chop like that it was in a different 28 deckboat and didn't end quite the same way, right? :D
Nobody can believe the ride in chop until you get a ride in it, in chop! We sent the Powerboat guys out in some serious soup and they came back grinning like you did...
It is a neat hull... I love it.

INSman
06-22-2007, 09:21 PM
So you were at Desert Storm I take it? :D
The 550 boat is in Indianapolis with a whole new crew of drunks on it by now. The 625 will be moving off to Havasu here shortly after we test it for Rob and see how it all works.
I can't wait.
I was playing "Safety Boat" for the event :D If your boat runs even or better than the Howard deck, I will be VERY impressed. Would love to run them both on the same day, same conditions, etc.. From what I am hearing, it rides great and you are to be congratulated for all of your hard work and efforts.

Jordy
06-23-2007, 12:15 AM
If your boat runs even or better than the Howard deck, I will be VERY impressed.
Read Powerboat much??? How about a few of the threads between here and the Hot Boat forum??? The Trident is like 12 mph faster with 100 less horsepower. I could be a little off with my numbers as it's late and I'm too lazy to look them up. The Trident with a 550 Ilmor and a prop that you could plane out with and cruise, not a top speed/no holeshot prop, was running 93 MPH. No small feat. I ran the boat here at Lake Pleasant to the mid 80's and never touched the trim from an idle, out of the hole, all the way up to speed. Very impressive and I've spent lots of time at the helm of pretty much every style of boat out there. ;)

phebus
06-23-2007, 04:42 AM
The 625 will be moving off to Havasu here shortly after we test it for Rob and see how it all works.
I can't wait.
You have been awesome with the way you have stood behind your product,very impressive, and Robert has been very patient, very impressive. I can't wait until that boat is on the lake on a regular basis to see peoples impressions. I think that boat will open the door to a lot of boat sales. I've always felt that once you get some boats out there, your sales will snowball. It's an incredible boat with incredible attention to detail!!

Froggystyle
06-28-2007, 09:00 AM
You have been awesome with the way you have stood behind your product,very impressive, and Robert has been very patient, very impressive. I can't wait until that boat is on the lake on a regular basis to see peoples impressions. I think that boat will open the door to a lot of boat sales. I've always felt that once you get some boats out there, your sales will snowball. It's an incredible boat with incredible attention to detail!!
Yeah, Robert has been beyond patient. We have been struggling with the last bits of the drive/steering for a couple of days now trying to get everything right. This thing really looks awesome in there. I will take some pics a little later today and post them up...

2Driver
06-28-2007, 10:49 AM
Wes, the new boats look great as expected. All the luck to you and Trident you deserve it.
Sometimes I am not sure what I am saving all my money for. I guess when I croak Trent will buy one with his inheritance. :D

HavasuSelect
06-28-2007, 10:59 AM
Hey Wes, your boats are almost as cool as the Dos XX guy. :D

Froggystyle
06-28-2007, 12:58 PM
Hey Wes, your boats are almost as cool as the Dos XX guy. :D
Almost... :D
His advice on careers... "Find out what it is you do not do well, and then don't do that thing..."

RiverDave
06-28-2007, 01:32 PM
Post the pics of the boat with the 625!
RD

Froggystyle
06-28-2007, 02:44 PM
RD
Pulling all the protective tape off right now and putting the carbon covers on it. Once it is tidied up, I will take some pics and post them.

RiverDave
06-28-2007, 02:51 PM
Pulling all the protective tape off right now and putting the carbon covers on it. Once it is tidied up, I will take some pics and post them.
Police often question him, just becuase they find him interesting..
RD

Lightning
06-29-2007, 08:26 AM
RD
Still waiting....