PDA

View Full Version : California Authorities....

Jbb
06-21-2007, 06:34 PM
Takin no prisoners! (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19339955/)
http://neatorama.cachefly.net/images/2007-06/souped-up-car-crushed.jpg

RitcheyRch
06-21-2007, 06:35 PM
Saw that on the news this morning. Sounds like that crusher going to be busy for awhile.

Sleek-Jet
06-21-2007, 06:57 PM
Yeah... what those kids need to do is go to a local drag strip...
Oh wait, people keep plowing those under to build McMansions... :rolleyes:

Leverage
06-21-2007, 07:18 PM
I've got a couple of questions here.
Is this guy a repeat offender?
Have they tried a large fine, jail time, suspended license or just straight to crushing cars?
Can we do this to rapists? Cut off their jimmy....
What happens if they catch a new vette and lambo racing? What about a rental car?
Wouldn't this BS Law encourage people to run from the police for fear of having their vehicle stolen and crushed by the state?
How much BS can you put up with in Cali?
It sounds like you guys have way to many "do gooders"
holding the reigns out there. Sorry to hear about your Rights and Freedoms. :(

hoolign
06-21-2007, 07:40 PM
Have they tried a large fine, jail time, suspended license or just straight to crushing cars?
What happens if they catch a new vette and lambo racing? What about a rental car?
Wouldn't this BS Law encourage people to run from the police for fear of having their vehicle stolen and crushed by the state?
Good post!
They need to get those guys on the track...not crushing the cars! That's fukcin bullshit!

Tom Brown
06-21-2007, 07:43 PM
I'm against crushing the cars of street racers. http://www.***boat.com/ubb/mad.gif
They should burn them to the ground like Hooli's jet hulls. :cool:

uvindex
06-21-2007, 07:52 PM
For those who say, "get them to the drag strip": They're not just street racers but thieves (or at least purchasers of stolen property). From the article:
"Police need a court order to destroy the cars. They must prove that the serial or identification numbers on a vehicle or its parts are removed, altered or destroyed."

rrrr
06-21-2007, 07:57 PM
Sometimes it's good to read the linked article instead of just looking at the picture and guessing what happened. Just a helpful hint. :crossx: :idea:

Sleek-Jet
06-21-2007, 08:14 PM
I say let these kids keep racing... it keeps the cops distracted from those of us out there drinking and driving...

Moneypitt
06-21-2007, 08:16 PM
At least there wern't any Henry Js or 55 Chevys.........Just 4N JUNK......BTW, ever have a couple of those morons fly by on the freeway? Cutting lanes, splitting traffic at over 100? You don't see the "Pro Street" guys doing that shit.........However, since no one was charged with the alleged stolen parts possession I fail to see where that allegation could play a part. Were these guys caught actually racing??? If not, an average lawyer could've stopped the crusher............MP

Leverage
06-21-2007, 08:17 PM
Sometimes it's good to read the linked article instead of just looking at the picture and guessing what happened. Just a helpful hint. :crossx: :idea:
I did read the article, but I must of missed the altered, damaged or removed serial# or part number. So when did the cops become mechanics? Not defending, but I've restored a couple of cars in my lifetime. As a matter of fact, I need to go over and get some parts for my 7. The guy will write me a receipt, but I can't positively know everything about a used part. Plus some parts only have a vinyl sticker on them and then I have also polished alot of my add ons. Sorry, I know it might be reaching just a bit, but I call BS. There are so many more important violations out there besides racing like meth, robbery, rape, kidnapping, etc.....I believe a lot of the priorities are just azz backwards.

probablecause
06-21-2007, 09:04 PM
Crush all of those Japanese Slot Car pieces of shit. Most don't have insurance and drive like assholes anyway. They get exactly what they deserve. I was taken out by one of those spiked hair pung-lee's from La Puente on the 57 freeway @ Imperial. I view them the same as Lake Lice :mad:

thumbs
06-21-2007, 09:23 PM
I did read the article, but I must of missed the altered, damaged or removed serial# or part number.
There are so many more important violations out there besides racing like meth, robbery, rape, kidnapping, etc.....
Did you miss this part as well?
Illegal street racing is responsible for or suspected in 13 deaths in Southern California since March.
The thrill-seeking, adrenaline-pumping activity is rampant in Riverside and San Bernardino counties east of Los Angeles where rows of tract homes line wide streets that attract racers.
How many high school students do you know that have $10K to drop into a car? These guys are buying stolen parts and they know it.

riverbound
06-21-2007, 09:30 PM
It will be interesting to see how this actually turns out. I have an illegaly modified vehicle (obviously not a street racer) How does one exactly know if the parts are stolen or not? i hae no idea where the lift kit, rims, tires, etc.... used on my truck came from. i have a recepit showing I bought it from a shop. I think the LEO should be gong after the shops not the kids.
Like was said, do you really think street racing is going away? It has been around since our gandparents were kids, and I cant think of any one that I know that has not one time or another done it. wether It be imports, domestics, classics etc.... It will always be around.
I hope this comes back to bite some people in the azz. because it really sets a precedent. Imagine smeone crushing your boat for similar reasons, how would you feel then? Just because its not someones bag, doesnt mean it should be accepted and supported. because next thing you know it could affect a hobby you have yourself.

riverbound
06-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Did you miss this part as well?
Illegal street racing is responsible for or suspected in 13 deaths in Southern California since March.
The thrill-seeking, adrenaline-pumping activity is rampant in Riverside and San Bernardino counties east of Los Angeles where rows of tract homes line wide streets that attract racers.
How many high school students do you know that have $10K to drop into a car? These guys are buying stolen parts and they know it.
I know I had the money and had quite a few friends that did to.I started wrking when I was 13 and would save as much as I could for my cars. I used to be in this scene (64.5 mustang K-code) and even had a couple Rice burners with motor swaps (civic, Integras). I never knowingly bought or installed stolen parts. but as far as the 'stang went, its not like I can go to ford and buy a bumper, or fenders, or an engine for it. I had to go to swap meets etc... to get parts.
And growing up in So-Cal, who didnt run out in Ontario in the industrial parks??;)

riverbound
06-21-2007, 09:38 PM
Crush all of those Japanese Slot Car pieces of shit. Most don't have insurance and drive like assholes anyway. They get exactly what they deserve. I was taken out by one of those spiked hair pung-lee's from La Puente on the 57 freeway @ Imperial. I view them the same as Lake Lice :mad:
Everyone I ran with was HEAVILY insured because we knew our cars were tagets for theft, I carried more ins. on my street cars than I do on my Dodge 2500 because its not as likley a target for theft.

riverbound
06-21-2007, 09:39 PM
I did read the article, but I must of missed the altered, damaged or removed serial# or part number. So when did the cops become mechanics? Not defending, but I've restored a couple of cars in my lifetime. As a matter of fact, I need to go over and get some parts for my 7. The guy will write me a receipt, but I can't positively know everything about a used part. Plus some parts only have a vinyl sticker on them and then I have also polished alot of my add ons. Sorry, I know it might be reaching just a bit, but I call BS. There are so many more important violations out there besides racing like meth, robbery, rape, kidnapping, etc.....I believe a lot of the priorities are just azz backwards.
I agree with you 100%

Ryphraph
06-21-2007, 10:56 PM
The funny part is... there were no fast cars in the group.
The news story I saw mentioned that stolen parts were part of the criteria.
With places like Irwindale running every Thursday, there is no place for street racing.
Ryph (was arrested for street racing a long time ago...)

riverbound
06-21-2007, 11:02 PM
The funny part is... there were no fast cars in the group.
The news story I saw mentioned that stolen parts were part of the criteria.
With places like Irwindale running every Thursday, there is no place for street racing.
Ryph (was arrested for street racing a long time ago...)
Oh, come on...those 4 door civics are blazingly fast. especially once you add a big exhaust, cut the coils, add rims to them an dont forget the "type R" stickers those are good for at least 50 horsepower. ;)

HokeySon
06-22-2007, 05:09 AM
It will be interesting to see how this actually turns out. I have an illegaly modified vehicle (obviously not a street racer) How does one exactly know if the parts are stolen or not? i hae no idea where the lift kit, rims, tires, etc.... used on my truck came from. i have a recepit showing I bought it from a shop. I think the LEO should be gong after the shops not the kids.
Like was said, do you really think street racing is going away? It has been around since our gandparents were kids, and I cant think of any one that I know that has not one time or another done it. wether It be imports, domestics, classics etc.... It will always be around.
I hope this comes back to bite some people in the azz. because it really sets a precedent. Imagine smeone crushing your boat for similar reasons, how would you feel then? Just because its not someones bag, doesnt mean it should be accepted and supported. because next thing you know it could affect a hobby you have yourself.
good post. absolutely right.

rrrr
06-22-2007, 06:03 AM
Oh, come on...those 4 door civics are blazingly fast. especially once you add a big exhaust, cut the coils, add rims to them an dont forget the "type R" stickers those are good for at least 50 horsepower. ;)
I think we need a pro's opinion. Somebody page dmontzta.......:D :D

shrek
06-22-2007, 06:45 AM
Maybe you should read the article, before you fly off the handle about it.
Shrek

RitcheyRch
06-22-2007, 07:04 AM
I've done my fair share of street racing back in the 80's and 90's all over the SFV. Wouldnt even attempt to do it now with all the new laws plus the fact that I am not into it anymore.
We definitely need more drag strips for these people to race on and with LACR in Palmdale closing next month it can only get a little worse on the streets.

Leverage
06-22-2007, 07:14 AM
Maybe you should read the article, before you fly off the handle about it.
Shrek
I did.
Did you happen to see my reply about the serial/part numbers? I did miss that when I read the article the first time, but nowhere does it say anything about repeat offender, jail time, fines, what LEOs consider street racing or anything else. From what I've seen on the News and this article they can crush your car and use a BS excuse. I understand that LEOs are only enforcing the laws, but there's to many idiots writing the laws. I've got many friends that have add-ons on their Vettes, Audis and Astons. They will buy a Turbo, polish it then install it along with many other parts. The article also said the guy had receipts from purchase, but Did that make a difference? Again, I call BS.
Also, what if this was your boat? How many people have been killed since March in boating, motorcycle, car, work related and other accidents? It's like saying the guy was creating wake in a no wake zone, so we need to crush his boat. :rolleyes:

probablecause
06-22-2007, 07:23 AM
From what I've seen on the News and this article they can crush your car and use a BS excuse.
It takes a lot to get a car crushed and a court order has to be signed by a judge. Getting your car crushed is like the death penalty. It doesn't just come from peeling out or running a 5 inch muffler.

Wizard29
06-22-2007, 07:27 AM
I have a full "blown" 1200 HP muscle car that may see the occasional signal-to-signal street race.
In my opinion, the type of racing this car does is far safer than what the little rice burners do. I go straight for a short period of time as opposed to weaving in and out of traffic and putting a lot of people in danger.
The more these A-hole drivers get their cars crushed, the better - especially if they are using stolen parts. I've sat in traffic more than once because one of those idiots caused a wreck on the freeway.
I'm not saying any sort of street racing is entirely safe, but some methods are safer than others.
I do like how the one guy thinks he can take a new Corvette (Z06 - 505HP) or even a Ferarri with his 350HP. You go boy.

Leverage
06-22-2007, 07:36 AM
I do like how the one guy thinks he can take a new Corvette (Z06 - 505HP) or even a Ferarri with his 350HP. You go boy.
:D

probablecause
06-22-2007, 08:21 AM
I have a full "blown" 1200 HP muscle car that may see the occasional signal-to-signal street race.
In my opinion, the type of racing this car does is far safer than what the little rice burners do. I go straight for a short period of time as opposed to weaving in and out of traffic and putting a lot of people in danger.
The more these A-hole drivers get their cars crushed, the better - especially if they are using stolen parts. I've sat in traffic more than once because one of those idiots caused a wreck on the freeway.
I'm not saying any sort of street racing is entirely safe, but some methods are safer than others.
It goes to the totality of the whole thing. Are you street racing or just lighting the candles? The difference is that you have insurane and probably act like a regular guy - which can be seen on first contact. Additionally, you probably don't take us on a mini-pursuit when we try to pull you over and then find out your license is suspended and has been for multiple violations. Then there are the warrants which you swear you took care of. You guys get my point :sqeyes:

Wizard29
06-22-2007, 08:34 AM
It goes to the totality of the whole thing. Are you street racing or just lighting the candles? The difference is that you have insurane and probably act like a regular guy - which can be seen on first contact. Additionally, you probably don't take us on a mini-pursuit when we try to pull you over and then find out your license is suspended and has been for multiple violations. Then there are the warrants which you swear you took care of. You guys get my point :sqeyes:
I used to push a black and white, so I know exactly what is being looked for. ;)
All I ever do is blow someone away at a light who is stupid enough to throw a rev and a "let's race" look at a tubbed and channeled car with a blower that sticks up to just about even with the roof. Most cops I know might pull me over and say "That was cool as hell, but don't do that again. Have a nice day." I haven't been stopped yet though.
But weaving in and out through traffic like a freaking moron or racing right next to a huge crowd in a car with stolen parts on it? That's just stupid. Crush 'em.

finsfan4life
06-22-2007, 08:37 AM
First of all all those cars are stolen, or are eqiupped with stolen parts, and secondly, those fools are a bunch it dangerous idiots...Responsible for numerous innocent deaths !!!! They should crush the cars with the driver's in them..Just like all the innocent people were...

superdave013
06-22-2007, 08:52 AM
At least there wern't any Henry Js or 55 Chevys.........Just 4N JUNK......BTW, ever have a couple of those morons fly by on the freeway? Cutting lanes, splitting traffic at over 100? You don't see the "Pro Street" guys doing that shit.........However, since no one was charged with the alleged stolen parts possession I fail to see where that allegation could play a part. Were these guys caught actually racing??? If not, an average lawyer could've stopped the crusher............MP
well I hate to piss in your wheeties but you must have been under a rock for the past week. Yes, your "Pro Street" guy killed a bunch of people in Texas last week.
As far as the junk comment goes. You should take a close look at some of these cars. Very high standards of craftsmanship goes into them. That and the fact that they will prolly whip anything you own should make you re-think that.

BADBLOWN572
06-22-2007, 08:53 AM
I completely disagree with what was done. First off, I hate rice rockets. Import cars are great at what they were designed for... Economy. They are not race cars and will get spanked when going up against a car with some decent displacement. Yes some of the racers are full of themselves, but clean their clock one time and they STFU! I do have to say though that they pour their hearts and soul into these things.
Even with that said, you should not crush someone's baby. I know that when I built my first car ('66 Chevelle SS 396 Convertible), I got 99% of my parts from a pick-a-part yard. I was a broke high school student that put every penny I had into that car. I have no idea if the parts I got were hot or not. They very well could be. Just because you are in posession of stolen property does not mean that you know it.
Secondly, when I did have my Chevelle, I raced it as much as I possibly could. The problem is that there are so many restrictions on what can and can not be done at the track (for liability reasons) not everyone can race. I couldn't after I broke into the 11's one time. They black flagged me from the track because it was a convertible and was not "safe." So, no more racing at Pomona for me. Besides, they only opened up the track once a month (or every other) to go racing. Your car had to be 100% street legal w/ mufflers. They also had about 1,000 cars show up. You would be lucky if you could run 1-2x a day. :( If you get caught gambling, you are done. We would bet up to $1k a run sometimes. Palmdale really sucked because of the elevation difference. Run your car up there, re-jet it when you get there then re-jet it when you get down there.
If you take away all of the places where you can LEGALLY do things, people are going to find ways to do things ILLEGALLY. What ever happened to the good old days when you were responsible for yourself? Ok, some of these people are future Darwin Award Winners, but let them earn their award the way that they want to. :rolleyes:
There was talks of using either the Tustin Air Base or the El Toro Airforce Base as a dragstrip, but it was shot down because there was too much "liability." Those two places would be awesome. Tons of room on the runways and multiple runways. Just too much red tape. :(

yopengo
06-22-2007, 08:56 AM
I have mixed feelings. I raced my 71 Chevelle everywhere in Tucson. It was always illegal. We would cruise Broadway looking for the next run. The big difference is that once we decided to race we would drive out to the middle of BFE (usually a 5min drive) and race on a secluded road. I owned that city in the mid 80’s. I think it is awesome what these guys do with a four banger. They fix up these cars because that is all that is available and they are cheap. I just wish that had a place to go race safely. There are always those that want to risk someone’s life for a stupid race. These people should have their cars crushed. The guys that race on the freeway or busy city streets are assholes. I’m not saying that racing in the desert is any better its just seemed that way back then. If I was 18-19 you know I would have a bad ass civic. :jawdrop: :D

yopengo
06-22-2007, 08:59 AM
First of all all those cars are stolen, or are eqiupped with stolen parts, and secondly, those fools are a bunch it dangerous idiots...Responsible for numerous innocent deaths !!!! They should crush the cars with the driver's in them..Just like all the innocent people were...
So if we replaced the word "cars" with boats would you feel the same? :idea:

BADBLOWN572
06-22-2007, 09:02 AM
Responsible for numerous innocent deaths !!!! They should crush the cars with the driver's in them..Just like all the innocent people were...
No offense here, but that's not 100% accurate. Where these races are going on is pretty remote usually. The ones that I have been to are usually done in a large industrial complex as far away from people as possible. They know that the closer they are to people, the faster the cops would be called. These "innocent" people seek out the races so they can watch and have a good time. They know exactly what they are getting into. Yes, you are right... They probably don't think that they are going to die that night, but who ever thinks that. They know the risks and they go anyways.
Very rarely do these racers clip someone who is not there for the street races. Normally it is a car that goes out of control and hits someone watching. The chances of someone getting nailed on their way home from the grocery store is very slim.

CAHotRodBoy
06-22-2007, 09:24 AM
well I hate to piss in your wheeties but you must have been under a rock for the past week. Yes, your "Pro Street" guy killed a bunch of people in Texas last week.
As far as the junk comment goes. You should take a close look at some of these cars. Very high standards of craftsmanship goes into them. That and the fact that they will prolly whip anything you own should make you re-think that.
The guy from TX was at an organized event (although still stupid) and wasn't racing. He was supposed to be doing a burn out (maybe his line-lock broke?) and it went wrong. Shows you what can happen and why street racing is illegal.
As far as the cars in this case, they don't look like high end cars to me. I know (and have seen) some very fast, high quality ricers but these weren't them. As far as whipping anything I own, check out the car in my avitar. You think they could whip that? Oh, and that's not the fasted car I own!

Sleek-Jet
06-22-2007, 09:24 AM
The story claims 13 people have died, or suspected to have died, because of street racing...
How many people have died this year on So-Cal lakes and the Colorado River??? I say we start sawzalling boats because innocents keep dieing so a small group of thrill seakers get their jollies...

Leverage
06-22-2007, 09:26 AM
I'm in front of a TV right now watching Police Pursuit videos.
BTW, My history is a law abiding citizen with a perfect driving record, insured and a taxpayer.
I can see the points on no Ins. and stolen parts, but I'm only replying to what I've read. And according to what I've read, You are street racing Wizard. :D
That means if 1 single part on your car has a missing or altered number then they can crush it if they choose to do so. Some might say that would never happen, but it's the Law. You get one Judge that wants to make a name for himself and see what happens.
People killed in accidents;
So far, while sitting here watching a TV show from Cali, I have seen an officer PIT a motorcycle and a couple of cars. With that being said, one PIT took place on a busy freeway and the LEOs pushed the car into oncoming traffic. The next one I just watched was a guy riding a rocket that they couldn't catch, so when they got close enough they pushed him off of the road. I don't know if he survived or not. You have choppers in the air watching every move, so why not wait until the guy stops for gas or something? Why risk severe injury to everyone around you just to pull someone over for speeding? I know this is going off track, but I think it all just proves the point. Most of the LEOs I know are great guys, but some aren't. They lie, they put others in harms way and they're just to cocky for their own good. What's that phrase, Do what I say not as I do, but being a LEO always makes them right. :idea:

Boozer
06-22-2007, 09:36 AM
Crushing peoples cars for street racing..... That is f*cked up.
I use to street race in So-Cal. In it's hay day there would be 1000's of cars on Fri. and Sat. nights cruising around Mission, Etiwanda, and a few other streets in Ontario. $1,000's of dollars in fines, 30 day impound of the my vehicle, and license suspension for a single offense made the risk outweight the fun and I got out of it.
I had about $15,000 if not more into my car. Everything was done to it from the turbo to the suspension, nothing was stock. Not a single part on my car was stolen because I bought everything brand new. My car was insured, not just with liability but with the top of the bracket insurance in just about every catergory offered. At the time I was making more money then the cops pulling me over so there was no need to take chances with no insurance or used parts.
I bet if you got into the underbelly of the performance boating world you'd find lots of stolen parts, lots of uninsured boats, and lots of wreckless behavior that puts people in extreme danger everytime they launch. It's only a matter of time before speed limits are placed on lakes and racing on the water will be outlawed. Will those laws prevent you from doing 130+ in your lake hot rod? I doubt it. So if you get caught speeding or racing someone and the judge ordered your boat to be crushed how would you feel?

ratso
06-22-2007, 09:38 AM
I did.
Did you happen to see my reply about the serial/part numbers? I did miss that when I read the article the first time, but nowhere does it say anything about repeat offender, jail time, fines, what LEOs consider street racing or anything else. From what I've seen on the News and this article they can crush your car and use a BS excuse. I understand that LEOs are only enforcing the laws, but there's to many idiots writing the laws. I've got many friends that have add-ons on their Vettes, Audis and Astons. They will buy a Turbo, polish it then install it along with many other parts. The article also said the guy had receipts from purchase, but Did that make a difference? Again, I call BS.
Also, what if this was your boat? How many people have been killed since March in boating, motorcycle, car, work related and other accidents? It's like saying the guy was creating wake in a no wake zone, so we need to crush his boat. :rolleyes:
Give it time... I'm glad I live in the day where you can run triple digits in a boat... Just a matter of time before they impose speed limits on all lakes, and it will start in California.

Wizard29
06-22-2007, 09:39 AM
And according to what I've read, You are street racing Wizard. :D
That means if 1 single part on your car has a missing or altered number then they can crush it if they choose to do so.
Never said I wasn't racing. :)
No worries about any parts on my car. Just about everything is aftermarket and was purchased brand new from the manufacturer or authorized distributor. Those parts that are not aftermarket are properly serialized, unaltered (because they don't need to be), and appropriate for the application.
Why can't the retard ricers in the news story do the same thing? Budget for one, but that might mean they can't afford the sport. If they can't afford the sport, then they can't afford their car and don't get to keep it. Add to that the fact they drive/race like absolute morons with no regard for the safety of others, and it seems very appropriate to make a paperweight out of their 14 second POS.

Jbb
06-22-2007, 09:43 AM
I hate to say it ....but this whole issue, in my opinion, is the result of the non stop closing down of the local racetracks over the last few decades....yes street racing has been around since the beginning of time...I did it myself....in New York City of all places...:D Kids need local tracks to race ..hang out at ....and learn.....There was one right behind my house that was crowded every Friday and Saturday night it was open....It closed two years ago after operating for 55 years :mad: .....that sucked.....Why was it closed?.....the heirs of the late owner against his wishes, sold it to a developer for another half empty strip mall..... The recent economic downturn has stalled the project.....and now its just sitting empty.......pretty sad..
and yes there is a difference between straight line running ....and weaving in and out of crowded lanes of traffic uninsured....and with a car load of stolen parts...

finsfan4life
06-22-2007, 09:44 AM
Obviously some of u guys who had a problem with my reply were not reading it correctly....!!!!!
The cars that were destroyed were all either stolen !!! or were made up of stolen parts ( CHOP SHOP !!!)...
And obviously, you havn't seen a family of three decapitated by one of these thug ASS##### while street racing down a regular L.A. city street like I have.....!!!!
I was referring to the stupid illegal street racer...!!!! Because when these idiots crash and burnm who do u think has to wipe up the body parts, and make death notifications to their families.....!!!!!!

CAHotRodBoy
06-22-2007, 09:50 AM
This b!tching kills me. Everyone complains how criminals get away with murder (literally) and the victims are punished yet when something like this happens everyone b!itches about that too. What a bunch of spoiled brats!
There is a great Chris Rock video about how to not get your azz kicked by the cops. It's funnyer then hell but very true. A common sense kind of thing. You don't want the cops to run you off the road if you're on a bike? How about pulling over when they put on the lights and siren! You don't want your azz beat down? How about staying in your vehicle and giving the cop your lic & reg and shutting the F up! You ain't gonna get out of a ticket by mouthing off anyway! You don't want your car crushed? Don't steal a car, use stolen parts and then go street racing!
Cops have been seizing property used in crimes for some time now. They also seize property that was purchased with money gained from crimes. As far as seizing your boat and crushing it because you have some aftermarket parts without reciepts, give me a break. You've been watching too many Oliver Stone movies. We can't even get them to bust the f'ing PWC riders in the no wake zones or the scum bags in the channel! And you think LE has time and resources to seize boats, haul them out of the water, store them some where and eventually (after long drawn out court approval) crush them? They are trying to catch a bunch of repeat offenders here and stop racing, thefts, etc that cost all of us money and endanger our lives. I'd bet you'd feel different if one of these guys rammed into you or killed someone you love. Then you'd want to see them hang and ask why LE didn't so something to them before.

superdave013
06-22-2007, 09:53 AM
The guy from TX was at an organized event (although still stupid) and wasn't racing. He was supposed to be doing a burn out (maybe his line-lock broke?) and it went wrong. Shows you what can happen and why street racing is illegal.
As far as the cars in this case, they don't look like high end cars to me. I know (and have seen) some very fast, high quality ricers but these weren't them. As far as whipping anything I own, check out the car in my avitar. You think they could whip that? Oh, and that's not the fasted car I own!
I wasn't talking to you so I don't know where you are getting that from.
And I know myself to well to own anything fast on the street so I'm sure you could take my Dodge truck. But if you don't think there are imports that can out run the car in your avatar well..... there is always someone faster.

meaniam
06-22-2007, 09:58 AM
i agree 100% and i hate the ricers. but destroying the car is a no no. i read about a year ago on the front page. that they didnt need to be repeat offenders. could have been there first time. i use to particpate in street racing in ontario fontana and riverside. tell i noticed the crowd change to gang mentality. the places where they race are no where near public, or housing. it is and always was at jurupa and the 15. in the backroads. well off the beaten path. the serial number and vins. is a small bs part of the crowd. dont let that full you. a street race could be anything the cop deams right in his mind at anytime. and a cop being interviewed by the news or the paper maybe the only spotlight he may want. so next time you fool around at a stop light know you maybe setting yourself up. and the inland empire is looking to make an example so a vette ferrari lambo whatever it maybe. that would be great. the first set of cars as i remember was a 69 camaro and a civic. ONEMORE THING THESE CARS WIH A COURT ORDER CAN AND WILL BE DESTROYED BEFORE YOU EVEN GET TO COURT TO FIGHT YOUR INNOCENTS.
meaning before your found guilty. i think if the car has a lienholder it is surrendered to them to never be released back to you and goes as a repo. but not sure.
i know street racing should be at the track. and am aware it kills people sometimes. most of this street racing is done on empty roads is warehouse areas. i dont think i even need to read the story as to guess where it happened and what scrape yard crushed them. they the authorities using the vins and stolen parts to hide the abuse and overreaction of this law

BADBLOWN572
06-22-2007, 10:02 AM
Obviously some of u guys who had a problem with my reply were not reading it correctly....!!!!!
The cars that were destroyed were all either stolen !!! or were made up of stolen parts ( CHOP SHOP !!!)...
Who is to say that the owner of the vehicle knew that there were stolen parts on the vehicles? Like I said earlier... There could have been hundreds of stolen parts on my vehicle, but I bought them through normal chain of commerce. Also, until you can prove that they knew they were stolen, the U.S. Justice system works off of "innocent until proven guilty." If there were "hot" parts on their cars, they should have removed the "hot" parts and given them back to the rightful owners. If serial #'s are ground off, impound the parts... Not crush the car. No where in the entire article mentioned "stolen car." Parts maybe, but not the whole car. There is no justification for crushing a car based off of one or two parts that are questionable.
And obviously, you havn't seen a family of three decapitated by one of these thug ASS##### while street racing down a regular L.A. city street like I have.....!!!!
I was referring to the stupid illegal street racer...!!!! Because when these idiots crash and burnm who do u think has to wipe up the body parts, and make death notifications to their families.....!!!!!!
If that is the case, I agree with you that they should be punished. I believe that is called Manslaughter or murder. They should be punished completely. Let the punishment fit the crime.
If someone IS caught street racing, impound the car, site them for exhibition of speed, speeding, evasion of police, etc... THE CAR did nothing other than what the driver told it to do.
Don't blame a group of people based off of a few stupid individuals. I will tell you, my race course was 3 miles long and flat out. Jamboree @ Chapman to Jamboree & Tustin Ranch Rd. We took every bit of safety precautions possible. 2 lane divided road, had someone "lawfully" drive the course prior looking out for any debris, pedestrians, etc... Back then it was open fields to one side and mountains to the other.
When there is no place to run, someone will find a place to run. It is going to happen. Crushing cars is not the answer. Open up more race tracks and give some leway. :)

CAHotRodBoy
06-22-2007, 10:05 AM
I wasn't talking to you so I don't know where you are getting that from.
And I know myself to well to own anything fast on the street so I'm sure you could take my Dodge truck. But if you don't think there are imports that can out run the car in your avatar well..... there is always someone faster.
You're right, there is always some one faster. If not now, there will be! And I have been to import drags so I've seen some very fast ricers. But what I said was THESE particular cars that were crushed don't look like high end stuff. Now I know looks can be deceiving and who knows, maybe they were all 9 second cars cleaverly disguised to look like 14 second cars :D but I doubt it!
Sorry, but I thought your post about these cars being faster that anything you have was refering to everyone here on Hot Boat.

BADBLOWN572
06-22-2007, 10:17 AM
I have seen some mid 8 second rice rockets, but these definitely were not them. Chances are, if they were driven on the street, they are probably 12 second cars if they are turboed and squeezed. I have yet to see a street car pull into the 11's. Maybe they are out there, but I have not seen one yet. :)

superdave013
06-22-2007, 10:18 AM
You're right, there is always some one faster. If not now, there will be! And I have been to import drags so I've seen some very fast ricers. But what I said was THESE particular cars that were crushed don't look like high end stuff. Now I know looks can be deceiving and who knows, maybe they were all 9 second cars cleaverly disguised to look like 14 second cars :D but I doubt it!
Sorry, but I thought your post about these cars being faster that anything you have was refering to everyone here on Hot Boat.
nope, that post was directed to the guy that was calling them junk. I went to take a peek at his rig once. I stopped because I didn't want to get my shirt dirty. :jawdrop:

meaniam
06-22-2007, 10:18 AM
This b!tching kills me. Everyone complains how criminals get away with murder (literally) and the victims are punished yet when something like this happens everyone b!itches about that too. What a bunch of spoiled brats!
There is a great Chris Rock video about how to not get your azz kicked by the cops. It's funnyer then hell but very true. A common sense kind of thing. You don't want the cops to run you off the road if you're on a bike? How about pulling over when they put on the lights and siren! You don't want your azz beat down? How about staying in your vehicle and giving the cop your lic & reg and shutting the F up! You ain't gonna get out of a ticket by mouthing off anyway! You don't want your car crushed? Don't steal a car, use stolen parts and then go street racing!
Cops have been seizing property used in crimes for some time now. They also seize property that was purchased with money gained from crimes. As far as seizing your boat and crushing it because you have some aftermarket parts without reciepts, give me a break. You've been watching too many Oliver Stone movies. We can't even get them to bust the f'ing PWC riders in the no wake zones or the scum bags in the channel! And you think LE has time and resources to seize boats, haul them out of the water, store them some where and eventually (after long drawn out court approval) crush them? They are trying to catch a bunch of repeat offenders here and stop racing, thefts, etc that cost all of us money and endanger our lives. I'd bet you'd feel different if one of these guys rammed into you or killed someone you love. Then you'd want to see them hang and ask why LE didn't so something to them before.
hey Andy Griffith everyone knows that there is a few death and injuries cuased by street racers. most are themself. but until you understand what is going on here in the IE. stay in mayberry i mean henderson becuase your vehical can be confiscated just becuase of the apperance. what would you think about that. back when fast a fuirous or delirious was out chp fontana and ontario pd set up a sting. set stops up everywhere. imponding cars that didnt pass carb regs. do to aftermarket parts. now they could be crushed if driven near the street race area on fri thru sunday nights.
as far a cops reaching i had one ahole chp reach when i drove my vette thru pomona. he started making shit up. he wanted to show me how bad ass he was. i knew my lic and insurance was up to date. so i stood my ground and let he hang himself a little bit. then i laid into his ass. and told him how i would disprove everything he said. then told him we would proceed tell a superior showed up to witness it and make a discussion. he gave ma a bullshit warning. and if i had the time would have went to his office to file the complaint. keep in mind i was doing 33 in a 35 with cruise on. and he guessed i was speeding or should i say he estimated. when it comes down to it he saw a loud bad ass vette. i watched him read the writing on my window. then pull next to me. saw i was young then hit the brakes and light me up. i had no reason to be polite to this ahole looking to impound my vette making up shit like my lic was suspended. when i didnt have it one possesion. but once i had my agent on the phone with my lic number he changed his tune.
how would you like going thru that andy?

BADBLOWN572
06-22-2007, 10:26 AM
I could have had 400hp to the rear wheels in my Thunderbird with a total cost of less than $15,000. And it would be as reliable as a Ford could be (thats a totally different story though).
You can buy a rough 8 second Camaro for about $6-7K. A nice piece for around $15K. :)

meaniam
06-22-2007, 10:41 AM
one thing i would like to say is i have nothing aginst you cahotrodboy but if anyone think that it is just ricer (which i hate) they are wrong. and if the over reach here is not corrected what is to stop them. what happens if your teen take your only family car and does some spirited driving and gets your car impounded and crushed. it be f@cked up wouldnt it. why wont a huge point knock wreckless driving excessive speed all the otherthings impound for 30 days. hit the wallets of these people.
as far as the numbers. when they are talking about serial numbers they are talking engine and transmissions i have one example that should show classic people my point. you have a motor. original even. take it have the block top decked to gain compression. now your numbers are missing or altered. stick a fork in it your done. judge sees this issues his order your done. done. done. done. how do you argue that. you wont even be there. it isnt like a trail or anything your not even invited. shouldnt reciving or possession of stolen property charges be filed? should you be found guilty?

Cole Trickle
06-22-2007, 10:45 AM
Sadly street racing will never go away.
So Cal is the mecca of all car culture yet we are on par to shut down ever single 1/4 mile track avaliable for these kids to run there cars.
I used to race at the track quite a bit and have been in my fair share of street races. (I was never a 100mph through traffic guy)
I was at the very last Pomona Street legal race...closed due to noise yet they allow top fuel cars twice a year...$$$$
I raced at Carlsbad 2X a month for several years until the land was sold to land developers.
LACR is a shit hole with crappy air and it is being shut down at the end of summer.
Fontana is open only a handfull of times a year and there ends up being so many people that show up you get 1-2 passes in a 10 hour day.(DA and track prep sucks)
Irwindale like mentioned earlier is only open on thursdays and is a 1/8 mile track......Hooks good but who can work and make it to Irwindale in traffic for only a 1-2-3 shift?
I know about qualcomm,barona and perris 1/8 mile tracks but have zero intrest in a 1/8 mile slip.
Californias laws and property values have destroyed 1/4 mile drag strips. The kids have no other choice than to race on the streets......It's sad:( :mad:
I still miss crappy Carlsbad!!!
http://home.earthlink.net/~brandinss/SS/Car/Car_3.jpg

Leverage
06-22-2007, 10:47 AM
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/showthread.php?t=157911
This is in reply to water speed limits.
I hate being in the middle of a conflict or debate, but I still believe we have our rights that our soilders have fought so bravely for.
I believe the CAR CRUSH LAW and many others are just another nail in the coffin. You may not agree with some types of racing, but you can agree that the decision is their own to make. That's what makes us Free. If I break the law or you break the law then we suffer the backlash, but when you have idiots making the law then......:idea:
I put on the Flash Gordon Memorial Poker Run here at Lake Ouachita. Did you know we had activist with DB meters standing on the docks checking the boats? Now what do you think they are going to do? Get a group together and push for Legislation. With the amount of corruption and stupidity in politics today Laws will only get worse. And most of these so called "Laws" we can't even vote on. Kinda like dealing with a corrupt Monopoly.

Ryphraph
06-22-2007, 10:49 AM
And growing up in So-Cal, who didnt run out in Ontario in the industrial parks??;)
I worked in one of those warehouses off of Airport. There was a well prepped and heavily rubbered launch area just outside our driveway that would rival any dragstrips...
Ryph

meaniam
06-22-2007, 11:07 AM
ok so i read the story which some of you need to do who argue for this. oh by the way i was suprised to see the city and which scrapeyard crushed them NOT.
was pulled over in his 1993 yellow Honda Civic for a broken tail light in December. He had purchased a B-20 Vtech engine with a double-overhead cam a couple months before, and after a police investigation, was told it was stolen.
didnt even say he was racing. what gave them the proper suspision to look into numbers. i wouldnt be suprised to hesar someone say i bought this engine from this same scrap yard it is being crushed at right now.
Maldonado also said he put plenty of time and effort working on his 1992 black Honda Civic. He was stopped in November by police in what Higbee described as an area where racers gather.
was stopped in the area is what it says. he wasnt cuaght street racing. why didnt they look for the vin on the frame of stamped in the doors or cowl and reissue a vin number. they do it all the time. big blue plate says replacment vin. it didnt say he had stolen parts.
When police popped open the hood, Hoang said, they found a stolen transmission. Hoang flashed a receipt for the transmission he bought from his father who runs an auto shop and doubted the item was hot.
this guy turns in his dad. im sure he knew it was hot. yeah he is most likely guilty of being dangerous. but his car should have been imponded and deemed unregable take the plates and open a smog investigation.
you see what the problem with this is. now lets replace it with my vette my chevellle and your 1st generation camaro from highschool.
took my vette to a shop cuase i dropped a valve and wasted the block. shop claims they found a used motor from a totaled insurance car suppose to be good. it ends up stolen. how am i to know. i paid full price so may have the shop. just take it and crush that car
now the chevelle. like i meanted about the serial numbers earlier had the deck blocked. or bought a motor of the recycler classifieds. maybe the motor was stolen back in 1978. but i didnt even know it was stolen. neither did the perso i bought it from. crush it
you know that 1969 camaro you had in highschool you know that rare dz302.. well you parked it during the 80s and the vin on the dash rusted cuase well your windshield ended up leaking. crush it.
you dont think this happens. you would be wrong.

meaniam
06-22-2007, 11:16 AM
Sadly street racing will never go away.
So Cal is the mecca of all car culture yet we are on par to shut down ever single 1/4 mile track avaliable for these kids to run there cars.
I used to race at the track quite a bit and have been in my fair share of street races. (I was never a 100mph through traffic guy)
I was at the very last Pomona Street legal race...closed due to noise yet they allow top fuel cars twice a year...$$$$
I raced at Carlsbad 2X a month for several years until the land was sold to land developers.
LACR is a shit hole with crappy air and it is being shut down at the end of summer.
Fontana is open only a handfull of times a year and there ends up being so many people that show up you get 1-2 passes in a 10 hour day.(DA and track prep sucks)
Irwindale like mentioned earlier is only open on thursdays and is a 1/8 mile track......Hooks good but who can work and make it to Irwindale in traffic for only a 1-2-3 shift?
I know about qualcomm,barona and perris 1/8 mile tracks but have zero intrest in a 1/8 mile slip.
Californias laws and property values have destroyed 1/4 mile drag strips. The kids have no other choice than to race on the streets......It's sad:( :mad:
I still miss crappy Carlsbad!!!
http://home.earthlink.net/~brandinss/SS/Car/Car_3.jpg
that suck lacr will be shutting down. it is a drive but would like to take my chevelle and do some grudge matching with some friends. the thin air equals things out a bit. as you cant really tune before you get there:D fontana kinda blows. it isnt as easy tech or cheap as lacr. i have never raced at fontana. but have heard some stories. and it isnt open every friday like it should be.
if you open fontana every friday make it a 20 dollar day race and cheap if not free spectators the problem will mostly end and it wont be running around in the backroads of onatrio. tech would not be a problem for most as long as it is like lacr tech

probablecause
06-22-2007, 11:38 AM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/shitbagscar.jpg
Is it sad to see that there are no more places (tracks) to race? Absolutely. But if you think opening up tracks is going to alleviate the problem you are wrong. That will just allow most of the normal folks a place to go and race. The shitbages (i.e. the one pictured), will still cause all sorts of shit to and from the race track. Sure they might go to the race track to see what their car will actually do in the 1/4 mile, but most of their race time will be spent on the street. If your car has stolen items on it, it will not be crushed. However, if your car has VIN issues and registration issues, it might be impounded for a while longer than normal.
Also, anyone here who is currently or used to be a cop knows, like I have said, it litterally takes an act of god to get a car crushed. If you think the poor crap-bag in the photo is having his first revelation with Vehicle Code violations, you are sadly mistaken. Do you feel bad for that guy? Why? There are rules to the road and you can bet that between his car, licesne status, insurance, etc., that he is the same guy who is going to side swipe you and keep going.
Live by the sword, die by the sword. These types of street racers are the same ones you can see on "YouTube" causing all sorts of problems.

meaniam
06-22-2007, 12:07 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/shitbagscar.jpg
Is it sad to see that there are no more places (tracks) to race? Absolutely. But if you think opening up tracks is going to alleviate the problem you are wrong. That will just allow most of the normal folks a place to go and race. The shitbages (i.e. the one pictured), will still cause all sorts of shit to and from the race track. Sure they might go to the race track to see what their car will actually do in the 1/4 mile, but most of their race time will be spent on the street. If your car has stolen items on it, it will not be crushed. However, if your car has VIN issues and registration issues, it might be impounded for a while longer than normal.
Also, anyone here who is currently or used to be a cop knows, like I have said, it litterally takes an act of god to get a car crushed. If you think the poor crap-bag in the photo is having his first revelation with Vehicle Code violations, you are sadly mistaken. Do you feel bad for that guy? Why? There are rules to the road and you can bet that between his car, licesne status, insurance, etc., that he is the same guy who is going to side swipe you and keep going.
Live by the sword, die by the sword. These types of street racers are the same ones you can see on "YouTube" causing all sorts of problems.
wow you had got that all from reading the same story i did? do you know the facts in this story? do you live out here or work out here? not busting your balls but i do want to see something that tells me you know what the case for this is. i dont. and i cant get all this from the story. did you or karl run a background check on him?:D :D :D

Cole Trickle
06-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Pretty sure there are laws in SD county that let them take your vehicle on the first offense.
Pretty scary...Wonder what would happen if they yanked someones new 85K Viper that they still owe 5-6 years on??:idea:

probablecause
06-22-2007, 12:28 PM
wow you had got that all from reading the same story i did? do you know the facts in this story? do you live out here or work out here? not busting your balls but i do want to see something that tells me you know what the case for this is. i dont. and i cant get all this from the story. did you or karl run a background check on him?:D :D :D
A picture is worth a thousand words. I am sure that if there were more stereo shops available, then we would not keep finding all of these stolen stereos and amps in shitbags vehicles. "Honest Officer, I did not know it was stolen. Honest Officer, I took care of that warrant. Honest Officer, I did not know my license was suspended." Blah, Blah, Blah.
Since you are not listening "It literally takes an act of god to get your car crushed" go to a District Attorney's office and ask them how it is done. I bet you most won't have a clue! That is because it is hardly ever done.
As far as reading the story goes, you believe the B.S. media? Then you are screwed:
"The 18-year-old mechanic said a vehicle identification sticker apparently fell off and without it, police suspected some of the parts were stolen."
FYI, there are at least three locations where the VIN can be found: Dash (VIN Plate), door, and on the frame. If the VIN plate fell off, then it would be verified by one of the other means. If the vehicle was missing the "hidden" VIN(s), then the dumbass might know a little more than what the story reports. Everyone is innocent!

Ryphraph
06-22-2007, 12:30 PM
It seems that these crushings were largely symbolic and the owners were people that must have had histories that earned them greater scrutiny than your average high performance enthusiast.
I think if most of us keep doing what we are doing, we will be safe
Ryph

probablecause
06-22-2007, 12:34 PM
It seems that these crushings were largely symbolic and the owners were people that must have had histories that earned them greater scrutiny than your average high performance enthusiast.
I think if most of us keep doing what we are doing, we will be safe
Ryph
That is exactly what I was saying in my previous posts. The regular guy is not going to get hammererd. However, the shitbag will.

superdave013
06-22-2007, 12:56 PM
well I guess they can crush my car but I know one thing they can't do. They can't get rid of the day labors from my parking lot. :mad:

probablecause
06-22-2007, 01:27 PM
well I guess they can crush my car but I know one thing they can't do. They can't get rid of the day labors from my parking lot. :mad:
Now that was funny.
The lines you measured up and made look and work great. Thanks again.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/boatbraidedlines01.jpg

CAHotRodBoy
06-22-2007, 02:33 PM
hey Andy Griffith everyone knows that there is a few death and injuries cuased by street racers. most are themself. but until you understand what is going on here in the IE. stay in mayberry i mean henderson becuase your vehical can be confiscated just becuase of the apperance. what would you think about that. back when fast a fuirous or delirious was out chp fontana and ontario pd set up a sting. set stops up everywhere. imponding cars that didnt pass carb regs. do to aftermarket parts. now they could be crushed if driven near the street race area on fri thru sunday nights.
as far a cops reaching i had one ahole chp reach when i drove my vette thru pomona. he started making shit up. he wanted to show me how bad ass he was. i knew my lic and insurance was up to date. so i stood my ground and let he hang himself a little bit. then i laid into his ass. and told him how i would disprove everything he said. then told him we would proceed tell a superior showed up to witness it and make a discussion. he gave ma a bullshit warning. and if i had the time would have went to his office to file the complaint. keep in mind i was doing 33 in a 35 with cruise on. and he guessed i was speeding or should i say he estimated. when it comes down to it he saw a loud bad ass vette. i watched him read the writing on my window. then pull next to me. saw i was young then hit the brakes and light me up. i had no reason to be polite to this ahole looking to impound my vette making up shit like my lic was suspended. when i didnt have it one possesion. but once i had my agent on the phone with my lic number he changed his tune.
how would you like going thru that andy?
Easy there big guy! I'm not Andy Griffith but thanks for the compliment!:D I know I live in "Hendertucky" now, but I've only been here a coupe years. I lived in So Cal (Simi Valley) for over 20 years and spent quite a bit of time in the IE. BTW, Henderson is really just part of Vegas now and Vegas is #1 in auto theft. So maybe things have changed there the last couple years but I just drove through there last weekend for the LA Roadsters Fathers Day Run in Pomona and didn't get my car confiscated or crushed!:jawdrop: And while most of the parts on this car are not stock, none of them are stolen, I don't carry reciepts of parts used with me and I don't street race. If a cop pulls me over and does confiscate my car and has it crushed the city he works for will have a big time law suit on their hands. I really don't think that's going to happen though. I've only been pulled over once in this car in 20 years. That was early Sunday morning on Ventura Blvd in Woodland Hills and the cop just wanted to check out the car. He asked why I didn't have fenders and I told him cars under 2500 lbs don't need them. He believed me and let me go. :D I'm usually very polite with LE because I know if I argue, it's just going to make it worse. I'll let my attorney work out the details later. If you copped an attitude with LE and got away with it, good for you but most of the time it ain't gonna work.
Like some of the guys on here are saying, the crushing of cars is not a normal thing and they aren't going to open themselves up to all kinds of litigation by unjustfyingly crushing cars. This is just congecture, but I'd venture to says these guys are multiple repeat offenders and were made an example of (like Paris Hilton!).

CAHotRodBoy
06-22-2007, 02:36 PM
nope, that post was directed to the guy that was calling them junk. I went to take a peek at his rig once. I stopped because I didn't want to get my shirt dirty. :jawdrop:
:D :D Yeah, I've seen a few cars like that too! :D :D

meaniam
06-22-2007, 04:58 PM
Easy there big guy! I'm not Andy Griffith but thanks for the compliment!:D I know I live in "Hendertucky" now, but I've only been here a coupe years. I lived in So Cal (Simi Valley) for over 20 years and spent quite a bit of time in the IE. BTW, Henderson is really just part of Vegas now and Vegas is #1 in auto theft. So maybe things have changed there the last couple years but I just drove through there last weekend for the LA Roadsters Fathers Day Run in Pomona and didn't get my car confiscated or crushed!:jawdrop: And while most of the parts on this car are not stock, none of them are stolen, I don't carry reciepts of parts used with me and I don't street race. If a cop pulls me over and does confiscate my car and has it crushed the city he works for will have a big time law suit on their hands. I really don't think that's going to happen though. I've only been pulled over once in this car in 20 years. That was early Sunday morning on Ventura Blvd in Woodland Hills and the cop just wanted to check out the car. He asked why I didn't have fenders and I told him cars under 2500 lbs don't need them. He believed me and let me go. :D I'm usually very polite with LE because I know if I argue, it's just going to make it worse. I'll let my attorney work out the details later. If you copped an attitude with LE and got away with it, good for you but most of the time it ain't gonna work.
Like some of the guys on here are saying, the crushing of cars is not a normal thing and they aren't going to open themselves up to all kinds of litigation by unjustfyingly crushing cars. This is just congecture, but I'd venture to says these guys are multiple repeat offenders and were made an example of (like Paris Hilton!).
glad you do have a sense of humor was think how you would take my post. yeah i understand that your car my cars and most other classic car and supercars arent targeted right now. but you know it would get peoples attention seeing it crushed on the front page. my vehicals as i am sure have gotten you away from a few tickets i am sure. it has fo me anyways. but if people dont stand up to something like this where will it stop. i hope before i ever get cuaght for spirited driving. between the ages of 16-21 i was elbow deep in shit with the law and the way i drove and refused to get the things i needed handled to get a licence. but i straighted out. i think steep fine and maybe jail time for 3rd time offenders will fix them. keep in mind 2nd time cuaght without lic or insurance gets car impounded and sold at auction. with no hope of you getting it back. at least legally right away.
i understand those that dont see my point never will. but you can see how allowing goverment to have a run as they will can snowball.
as far as treating cops good. out of all the times i have been pulled over only twice i ran into a holes. the first time i thought i was gonna get my ass kicked by the chp in neddles for after 2 hours at midnight in november. i gave up on the sobritey test and told them to run me in to the station and we will sort it out there. that was a mistake suggesting how they do thier job.
then this last one had a mission to impound my car and run me in. for doing nothing other then owning a loud ass 06 vette with writing on the rear window stating
everything i touch goes fast. use me as your next realtor. i was more then a little bent with his attuide. and making shit up. so i stood my ground and gave him hell. you know it sucks having cops with something to prove. and them wanting to show you becuase your size, the way you look, or what you own. i live a legal easy going life. and belive in what the cops do. hell i wanted to be one

boater012
06-22-2007, 06:14 PM
California cracks me up!!! 13 deaths from street racing in 3 months time. I agree any death is tragic but according to the oc register there were 145 alchohol related deaths in the orange county area since January of 2007. And drunk drivers get to keep their cars, they get to go to (AA) for counseling, they get to keep their licenses, I read an artical of one guy who had 11 dui's on his record and only has to have an ignition interlock device in his car but gets to keep his license and his vehicle!!!!!
Seems to me that this is just another way to get rid of something that kids enjoy. We had 79 race tracks that were open to anyone who showed up on most saturday nights when I was a kid and could race for ten bucks (fifteen years ago). Now we have less than 20 in the whole state. Only a handful of which are open to anyone with a vehicle and the need for speed. I used to race on terminal island drag strip. I was racing a pile of crap Fiat X1/9 with a 3.1 liter lumina motor in it (quite a feat to make it work right but I did it). It is sad to me that these kids lose their cars when the state makes owning a track impossible anymore. I was having a blast and learned alot about cars and mechanics, Met a few of my girlfriends at the track.
How many people would still find a way to go ride their dirtbikes if they made 80 percent of the tracks or recreation areas close??? I would bet a few if not most would ride them in the illegal areas anyways.
My dos centavos

Boozer
06-22-2007, 09:35 PM
So they are taking away all the race tracks.
Closing down all the Skate Parks.
Closing down all the off highway areas people ride on.
Continue to pollute the oceans so badly noone wants to go in them anymore.
Continually raise the prices on amusement parks to levels that teens can't afford.
Arrest kids for skateboarding and bicycling on school campuses.
And they wonder why kids are becoming so overwieght and so many are getting hooked on drugs...... :idea: :idea: :mad: :mad:

YeLLowBoaT
06-22-2007, 10:10 PM
ok so I have a question... who owned the cars at the time they were crushed? what I mean is had they been seized for several violations or driving on a suspended DL(my understand is they can do that, please correct me if I am wrong) If for what ever reason the cars were forfited by the owner to the local law enforcement agency. Does it really matter what they do with them? They could sell them, junk them, use then for thier own use... If they sell them chance are they will be back on the street and racing again, if they were modifed and can not be made to comply with state laws junking them is out... I really don't see a black in white paint job on a rice rocket...
If they were taken for what ever reason, I don't see any thing wrong with that agency doing what they want with them.
My guess is you will find out that they were legally owned by the agency that had them crushed.( for what ever reason) and they did it to make a point that street racing will not be tolerated.
PS... I wish they would take your car if you got a DUI...